It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The people march on DC Sept 12 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
www.the912project.com...

Required Reading – The Mission Statement. One of the important parts of that statement says:

This is a non-political movement. The 9-12 Project is designed to bring us all back to the place we were on September 12, 2001. The day after America was attacked we were not obsessed with Red States, Blue States or political parties. We were united as Americans, standing together to protect the greatest nation ever created. That same feeling – that commitment to country is what we are hoping to foster with this idea. We want to get everyone thinking like it is September 12th, 2001 again.

www.the912project.com...

Dear 9-12ers,

The time has come for us to focus on September 12th.

Many have asked about the event in Washington DC on 9-12, here are a couple links to help you find out more information from the people who have organized the event and are helping people find the best way to participate.

EVENT INFO

Grassfire.org may offer some addition input

Resistnet.com is also a source for much information

TRAVEL INFO

So many of you have written asking for information on transportation to DC. Again, we are not arranging any of this, but there are people sending us information that we are happy to pass on to you.

If you have questions on travel – these people have offered to help and they provided the list below with email addresses for those looking to join the various bus travelers headed to DC for 9-12-2009

This seems like it will be huge and not simply located in DC.
For those unable to make it to DC, it seems there will be similar in almost every large city

check the list halfway down the page called (SORTED BY STATE, ALPHABETICALLY)
www.the912project.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There is also a movement scheduled for most major cities and state capitals on this day!! I will be at the Capital in Tallahassee, FL!

People that are not yet involved, need to get that way! This is not organized by any one Political Party as the MSM would have you believe. In my local area, the majority of participants belong to all of the obscure 3rd parties! We have just about an equal smattering of Democrats and Republicans, but they are outnumbered by the Whigs, Libertarians, Constitutionalists and others!

This "Tea Party" movement is probably the last "peaceful" chance the common person has to make a difference. I disagree with plenty of people at these events, but I am thrilled when I see large turnouts, even if their opinions differ from mine!

The important thing is to get some common sense into politics, and get politicians out of it!

[edit on 1-9-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I took a look at the Cities that buses will be available for the 912 event, and I noticed there is nothing for California. All cities were identified alphabetically except CA....does anyone know why?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bwatchful4realtruth

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read this other thread. I decided we should sell California to China in order to balance our budget! No need to include you guys in the protests now.

J/K
I don't know why, unless there is no good organization of the Tea Parties there?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'll star and flag!

Everyone should participate in these events. I am definitely going to the one near me.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
There is also a movement scheduled for most major cities and state capitals on this day!!

I think I'll take part in a huge movement on that day.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think this needs to be flagged. If only 1 in 10 people who constantly complain about the ongoing state of affairs would take the time and show up to this event it could turn into some real change.

Here's to hoping!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I suspect this march is organized by the govt. They want americans to think they're doing something when in fact they are doing nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

In the Grand Scheme of things, you could be correct, but here at my local level, there is no involvement from any government or political party! There are actually some pretty strong responses to anybody pushing a political agenda or fundraising of any kind!! We aren't supporting any incumbents! Zero! At least on the local level. Most fully support Ron Paul!

There are some heated debates when it comes to particular Candidates beliefs, but there is very little debate when it comes to the Constitution or the Need to Revamp the system!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Great post S&F

In wisconsin there is nothing going on!

Guess most people here are not concerned

about there LIBERTIES!!!! Truly Sad!....imo

Keep up the good work, Warrenb

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

I hope this isn't off-topic, but I started another thread that deals with the definitions of Liberal/Conservative and Democrat/Republican.

The Tea Parties and the response from the MSM and the Political Parties have brought this disparity to light in a brand new way! Not all Conservatives are Republicans and Vice Versa! In addition, the Tea Parties are neither Conservative or Liberal. Some consider me a Liberal, while others consider me a staunch Conservative. Within my local Tea Party community, we have many Liberals, but many of them think they are conservative? Anyway, the whole issue is murky and ill-defined, so please check out this other thread and try to shed some light on the issue!

[edit on 1-9-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My husband brought this up to me and I whined and complained "the kids have school, the swine flu, it's an 18 hour drive, the expense of it all, "

He said to me, "If we don't take this trip then I'm banning all media from this house and you are to never complain about this government again!"
And you know, he's right. Why sit back and complain about the government destroying our country when you can take a stand and be heard!

If enough people show up in Washington, they will have to listen and know there is a battle on the horizon!

Washington D.C. Here we come!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
CNBC's Santelli Rips Media for Ignoring 9/12 DC March

newsbusters.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Stormdancer, I quoted your response in this other thread as well!

I don't know how we got so many of these similar threads going, but I know that I am watching at least 3! Thanks for your posts!!

new topics

top topics

join