It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbors Barking Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
God! These people are lazy and extremely ignorant!

Its finally nice enough to not use the AC and feel cool air through the window, yet these people...rather than walk their dog tie it up outside and it barks literally nonstop for Hours.

I can here it barking a half a mile down the road, they have to be able to hear it in their own house yet they do nothing.

I emailed the spca and said how I heard the dog last winter all night outside during a sleet/ice storm. They seemed concerned and said they were sending someone to investigate. I didnt get any follow ups and here it is the dog still barks hour after hour.

I wonder what would happen if I went out in my yard and started howling at the moon at 1AM?

I dont have the guts to go knock on the door, but it just aggrevates me to the core how ignorant people can be. Why have the damn thing if you dont know how to care for it? I love animals btw and just feel sorry that the dog has to endure these lazy people.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
I wonder what would happen if I went out in my yard and started howling at the moon at 1AM?

You should definitely try this. See if you get a reaction. Just watch for cops.
I feel for your situation. You can't really stop a dog from barking, unless you pay attention to it. Too bad, they don't seem to.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
During the night hours, I let my dog inside the house so in case it barks over something, it doesn't create much noise.

I don't see why a dog would bark endlessly for hours over nothing, unless it's in a very uncomfortable situation, or seeing something humans can't percieve, eeeek!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This is how the Son of Sam Killer got started.

Wasn't long before the dog was talking to him...

best to not let it get to you lol

Just Sayin

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
OMG! I know exactly what you mean. Its a catch-22. You want the kill the dog, its owners or yourself after 4 straight hours. But your humanitarian side speaks up and saves the day. You don't want to harm the dog or the neighbors or yourself. You just want the torture to stop.

The fools who leave a dog outside to bark hour upon hour should be spoken to. You need to knock on their door and tell them the constant barking is affecting you and to please try to do something. A muzzle? A friend? A doghouse? Some toys" Music? Anything, offer suggestions. Become the "concerned citizen", drive them nuts with ideas on how you neighbors can handle the situation.

If nothing else, you being as big a pest to them as their dog is to you should even the score.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
get hold of a couple sleeping pills and put them in a hamburger. feed it to the dog. the yapping dog will probably be snoozing contendedly in no time. if that doesn't work then try a hand grenade.

[edit on 1/9/09 by Brain Damaged]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brain Damaged
get hold of a couple sleeping pills and put them in a hamburger. feed it to the dog. the yapping dog will probably be snoozing contendedly in no time. if that doesn't work then try a hand grenade.

[edit on 1/9/09 by Brain Damaged]

Nice. I never thought of that. I figured brownies and a certain plant. Hmm...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

I do not see how people can leave their poor mutts outside at night. I always had my dogs and cats inside for the night. If the dogs barked, I would know there is something or someone outside. I never tolerated barking, although with the one dog I always knew there was someone or some critter out there. She would come and bark at me to follow her. Sure enough, there were usually some kids in the back or a stray dog out in the back.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I used to have a neighbour who would leave his dog out on his balcony or shut him in his front hall. I could hear the poor dog whimpering and crying piteously, even my own dog used to look concerned when we heard him.

I didn't want to interfere because I was afraid of what would happen to the dog - I didn't want to see him being taken away.

Eventually, the dog got run over and killed when they took him out to play and one of my neighbour's friends let it slip that somehow the dog had been given drugs.

The neighbour got a new dog and gave him the same name as the old one and everything just carried on as if the first dog had never existed.

If you suspect your neighbours are neglecting their dog, please try to help. You could offer to take him for a walk sometimes. Give them the excuse that you would like some company when you exercise.

Or if you can find a dogs' home that guarantees to re-home rescued pets, report it to them. And keep reporting it until something is done.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I emailed the spca a month ago and claimed the only shelter it had was a small travel carrier as there is one sitting in the yard. Its pretty cluttered though and I never remember to slow down enough to get a better look when driving past.

Do they sell those grenades online? Sounds like a good idea :shk:

I thought of maybe clandestinely placing one of those high frequency bark pacifiers on a nearby tree and see if that works.

Yea unfortunatley their house is smack dab next to a 4 lane highway with an offramp bordering their property only feet from the dog.

I once heard the mom SCREAMING at her kids during a cookout they were having. Fireworks, screaming, barking.. jeez how can people lack simple common courtesy.

Oh if I was living right next to them I would definately perfect ways to piss them off severely.

top topics

join