It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

objects today, that destroy peace. what are things that we have today that dont allow peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So I am trying to make a design, and i started thinking. TODAY in our world, up to present day. What are the very things we have, or even hold dearly to us, that dont allow PEACE in the present world? i really am interested in different peoples perspective on this. For example;

Money
Weapons
Planes (military)
Bullets
Bomb
Different Religion'
Skin color (cant fix that obviously)

WHat are some other things that are in this world today, that we could really do without, or NEED to do without?

(if i posted this in the wrong thread i apologize, i wasn't to sure where to post it)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Toy soldiers as a kid?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Just random thoughts off the top of my head:

Ego

Greed

Sense of entitlement

Jealousy

Envy

Stupidity and ignorance

Laziness

Lack of consideration

Self-centredness, self-absorption, self-ishness

Ingratitude

Isolationism

Poor education (ever since it was shanghaid by the Usual Suspects)

Television, mass media generally which is a whore and needs to be dissolved and rebuilt from the ground up with strict monitoring of any attempts to establish the evil monopolies which exist today (for example, in other forums, one of the Big topics of discussion in the past week has been the reports that jews own 96% of the world's media)

Utterly corrupt, compromised politicians, who serve their masters, the Usual Suspects .. who in turn wrote it as their policy and goal several decades ago, to destroy human societies from the ground up . . which means destruction of the family-unit

I'll think of more later, if I can stand to do so

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
PETA

Second line

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
One word fits the bill, I believe...
Government.

In reality, it is humans psychology that is the root of all violence. Greed (for power, money, territory, etc.), corruption, stubbornness, anger, hate, discrimination, fear, misguided beliefs, lies, pride/ego, and envy. Human weakness. Our ability to feel such strong emotions and desires is what makes us so great, so different from every other living being. It is also what makes us so terrible, so animalistic. Our strengths are also our weaknesses. It's a gift, and a curse.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by LetTheTruthBeTold]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It's not external things that cause war...it's internal things.

You point to things on the outside...guns, bullets, money...these have no power in and of themselves. Take care of the things on the inside...greed, envy, desire to manipulate and control others, fear, hatred...and the things on the outside will take care of themselves.

top topics

join