It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidnapped Jaycee Lee Dugard Found Alive 18 Yrs Later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Jaycee Lee Dugard Found: Family Says Abducted 11-Year-Old Located 18 Years Later

A California stepfather who heard his little girl scream as she was abducted 18 years ago said she has been found alive and well and her captors are in custody. A woman claiming to be Jaycee Lee Dugard, now 29, walked into a police station in tiny Antioch, Calif., Wednesday, her stepfather Carl Probyn told ABCNews.com today. Based on conversations his wife has had with police, the FBI and the woman herself, Probyn said the family is convinced Jaycee has been found.

This is a fascinating breaking news story. There are no details yet on where she has been the last 18 years, but the police say they have 2 people in custody regarding this case.

A news conference is scheduled for 6pm Eastern Time. I will update this thread after that.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by craig732]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Talk about going through a life of hell. I don't want to even think about what would my life would be like if my daughter was kidnapped and I had no info on what happened to her.

This is good news if it turns out to be the daughter.

Will check back later to catch the updates.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Interesting story. I wonder if she has been held captive for the entire 18 years or if she just suddenly decided to report it to the police? I am looking forward to more details on this.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
LINK TO NEWS UPDATE

A woman who was snatched from a bus stop as an 11-year-old child in 1991 turned up Thursday after being held for the past 18 years in isolation in a backyard compound by a convicted sex offender who fathered two children with her, police said.

The details about her time in captivity emerged after Jaycee Lee Dugard surfaced at a police station in Northern California, nearly two decades after she vanished outside her home.

Police said Phillip Garrido, 58, held her the entire time as a virtual slave, sheltered from the outside world in tents, sheds and outbuildings in his backyard in suburban Antioch

"None of the children have ever been to school, they've never been to a doctor," El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar said. "They were kept in complete isolation in this compound, if you will."

This guy Garrido and his wife, who are responsible for this, make me sick. The death penalty would be too good for these people. Prison is too good for them. They should be tourtured.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
[edit on 27-8-2009 by craig732]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It sickens me to know that someone out there could do this to someone. The guy did this deserves a horrible punishment

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Its great that she is alive. I wonder what she is really going through her mind and how she will cope with all of this in the future. She hasn't seen her parents all these years. I can't imagine my children being kidnapped, but im sure that her family is ecstatic that she was found.

Thanks for posting the story..

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
As one who was separated from siblings for 17 plus years, I can tell you reconnection is very difficult regardless the reason. The connection and bond gets lost and it takes extreme effort to regain the original bond.

My heartfelt best wishes for this family and the heartrending times to come.

top topics

join