It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share One BOOK /Documentary per day .Help one person increase their knowledge.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have this idea that if everybody will come here and from their knowledge will share a link to a book that can be downloaded or a documentary that can be seen in order to help other people learn more about who they are , where they are coming from, UFO's , Aliens, Enlightenment,OBE's or any other subject or area that you may think that helped at some point to view things better .

Share the link to the book or documentary and a small review of it. This way we will be able to build a library of people's knowledge that can be accessed right away by clicking a link.

I will start today :

I will share a Book by Rick Strassman :'___' The spirit Molecule

You can download it at this link :

www.4shared.com...'___'_The_spirit_molecule_by_Rick_Strassman.html

A documentary video Gregg Braden : Awakening to zero point
video.google.com...

Enjoy and meet you tomorrow . Hope other daily contributions will show up.

Love and Peace in our Hearts and Soul .

[edit on 27-8-2009 by lisa2012]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Great thread i hope it strictly stays sharing books and video and not some worthless opinion about how they like the thread.
My book is METU NETER Vol 1
and my movie is zietgiest-

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hi, I share this book

Inside British Intelligence: 100 Years of MI5 and MI6 by Gordon Thomas

Quite a good read, at one point it admits the services use racial profiling on Muslims in the Midlands

Film is power of nightmares Directed by Adam Curtis and anything else by him really
[edit on 27-8-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You should also have to provide links because without the links a lot of lazy people, or people who just don't have time to search for these things, will never ever look at any of this aforementioned recommended subject matter.

EDIT: This includes me because I really don't want to sift through a bunch of ridiculousness to find these videos, books. . . etc...

[edit on 27-8-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

A very interesting and thought provoking series, imho. I`ll embed the first video so as to give a flavour of their contents..

The Century Of The Self - Part 1 of 4 - By Adam Curtis

Google Video Link

The Century of the self 2 of 4 by Adam Curtis
Google video link

The Century of the Self 3 of 4 by Adam Curtis
Google video link

The Century of the self 4 of 4 by Adam Curtis
Google video link

=========================================

There are another 3 part series titled ; The power of Nightmares" and a further 3 series titled ; " The Trap "

There is a nice amount of viewing involved but i found them fascinating .
Time well spent.
========================================

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

I don't want to spread links to things if they are illegal like some PDF's are

Nice one UmbraSumus gotta love Curtis

Remind me, is the trap the one about game theory?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Its been a while since i`ve seen them myself but i think you are correct . The use of technology is definitely a feature also.

I`ll just have to watch them again, i guess . With unemployment just over the horizon for me - i`ll have plenty of time soon.

Its just that there is sooooo much information in the full series.

Adam Curtis is the man.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Just checked and yes it is the game theory one, I downloaded them from google video if anyone wants them

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The thing about the Curtis documentaries is that are fascinating on their own but once you watch them all and start to piece the facts together you begin to actually see the world in a subtly different way.

Technology is the Alpha and Omega of human society

Book: Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut

Show: Connections by James Burke
See the first episode, "The Trigger Effect" at www.youtube.com...

Jon

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

I watched them after I was "awake" but yeah what you say is right, gives an incite into the shadow world of control, manipulation and power

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
reply to post by Voxel

I watched them after I was "awake" but yeah what you say is right, gives an incite into the shadow world of control, manipulation and power

I was "aware" before viewing the Curtis documentaries as well and that is exactly what I mean. After watching these videos (see "The Living Dead" too) you start to realize just how few people are really involved in all these huge society-changing events.

You begin to realize that the world is not just a place full of powerful clans and families fighting for the power to rule everyone. Instead, you realize that they are all just a bunch of opportunists looking for the next great "idea" to latch on to. As the "idea" spreads so does the power of those that help the "idea" spread. The real power in this world is in "ideas" and what we see as conspiracies are just "ideologies" - some failed; some successful.

Jon

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I hope this counts. I became aware of a TV Channel (in the UK) a little while ago.

It's called Controversial TV and over the last few days I've seen programmes including interviews with David Icke, Mark Cocking and Harry Oldfield.

Plus an analysis of the work of Jules Verne and programmes about UFOs and vaccinations.

They also have an interesting daily news programme.

I'm generally the last person to find out about anything but just in case there's anyone who's never heard of it........

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have some books to recommend:

"Body of Secrets: Anatomy of the Ultra Secret National Security Agency" by James Bamford. This book is a great read and sheds some pretty shady deals that went down:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251405796&sr=8-3

"Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock. A good book on the possibility of ancient civilizations. And "Supernatural" by Graham Handcock which delves into the possibility of an "otherworld" reality:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251406000&sr=1-1

"History is Wrong" by Erich von Daniken. The author spends part of his book on answering the criticisms and charges made about the book "The Gold of the Gods". It is good to read what the author has to state about what happened.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251406193&sr=1-1

These are some of the many books out there. Also of interest are books by Colin Wilson and Robert Temple.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallalie
Great thread i hope it strictly stays sharing books and video and not some worthless opinion about how they like the thread.
My book is METU NETER Vol 1
and my movie is zietgiest-

Please provide a link for this ..It would be really appreciated

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
Hi, I share this book

Inside British Intelligence: 100 Years of MI5 and MI6 by Gordon Thomas

Quite a good read, at one point it admits the services use racial profiling on Muslims in the Midlands

Film is power of nightmares Directed by Adam Curtis and anything else by him really

Please provide a link for this ..It would be really appreciated

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
I hope this counts. I became aware of a TV Channel (in the UK) a little while ago.

It's called Controversial TV and over the last few days I've seen programmes including interviews with David Icke, Mark Cocking and Harry Oldfield.

Plus an analysis of the work of Jules Verne and programmes about UFOs and vaccinations.

They also have an interesting daily news programme.

I'm generally the last person to find out about anything but just in case there's anyone who's never heard of it........

For the Controversial TV Channel in UK Here is the link :

www.edgemediatv.com...

They have a button for watch on line.

Hope this helps .

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

I don't want to spread links to things if they are illegal like some PDF's are

Link to buy the book

www.shop-com.co.uk...

Power of nightmares Part 1: video.google.co.uk...

Part 2: video.google.co.uk...

Part 3: video.google.co.uk...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8 &sa=N&hl=en&tab=wv#q=adam+curtis+power+of+nightmares&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wv&dur= 3

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
First of all this is the type of thread I've been waiting for, so thank you.

I hope nobody minds if I add more than 2 examples.

First a great documentary on Bigger, Faster, Stronger. Which you can watch for free on Netflix. This is an excellent film about the myths and misconceptions on steroid use and how congress has spent more time and delegation on this than, Katrina, Iraq, and other drug use among others.

And 2 books by William Buhlman, Adventures Beyond the Body, and Secret of the Soul. Both books give a realistic view of NDE's, OBE's, and what happens after death, with no bias to religion for or against it.

And finally, What the Bleep do We Know. I loved this movie because it gave me a scientific view (for me at least) on the concepts of the afterlife. This was a catalyst for my research into quantum physics/mechanics and their studies on proving the afterlife through these sciences.

Again, S/F

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I will contribute "Zeitgeist" and "Religulous". Unfortunately I don't have a link for Religulous but you can download it from a torrent site or buy it at Amazon.

As for books I would recommend "1984" by George Orwell and would also suggest reading "DNA pirates of the sacred spiral".

[edit on 27-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

Here is a link to Religulous
video.google.co.uk...

I will add "Waking Life"

Because everyone should see this.
video.google.co.uk...

And the book shall be... "Valis" by Philip K. Dick
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 27/8/09 by blupblup]