It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Ted Kennedy has died of Brain cancer at age 77

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Danang71

With that attitude I wonder what kind things people will say about you?

That you were compassionate and caring?

I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ted Kennedy for all his faults as a human being...and we all have faults...spent his years fighting for the rights of the disadvantaged, the poor and the elderly...

And what is wrong with that? Nothing. It is far more laudable than fighting for the haves and have more's who are plundering this country.

He made a point of attending the funeral of every soldier from his state that died...

He spent four years of his busy time helping inner city children to learn to read...

His family made a point of going out in mass and thanking those lined up for hours to pay their respects...

He helped his constiuients whenever he could and often anonymously.

For all his flaws and yes there were many...he was still a decent man who spent his life in service to his country when he could have kicked back and lived off his wealth and not given a rats ass about anyone but himself...

But he didn't.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Ted Kennedy for all his faults as a human being...and we all have faults...spent his years fighting for the rights of the disadvantaged, the poor and the elderly...

And what is wrong with that? Nothing. It is far more laudable than fighting for the haves and have more's who are plundering this country.

He made a point of attending the funeral of every soldier from his state that died...

He spent four years of his busy time helping inner city children to learn to read...

His family made a point of going out in mass and thanking those lined up for hours to pay their respects...

He helped his constiuients whenever he could and often anonymously.

For all his flaws and yes there were many...he was still a decent man who spent his life in service to his country when he could have kicked back and lived off his wealth and not given a rats ass about anyone but himself...

But he didn't.

Hitler, for all his faults as a human being, really did love Dogs, he gave so much of the states money to make sure our little four legged friends were kept safe in a time of great war. In fact, he treated them better then millions of two legged humans.

Wake up will you, not only did teddy leave a wee girl to die in the most sick way, but he has the blood of many from my country, all over his now cold hands.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

So the Kennedy's don't patrol ATS...and? This excuses us from showing a modicum of class? OK.

Equating Sen. Kennedy to a mass murderer the likes of Saddam Hussein? Sorry if I don't see the likeness. I not horribly fond of the man either, but really...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by Danang71

With that attitude I wonder what kind things people will say about you?

That you were compassionate and caring?

I doubt it.

For one thing, I couldn't give a rat's butt less about what anyone says about me, either dead or alive. For another, to imply that Teddy Kennedy was somehow a paragon of compassion, a fighter for the downtrodden masses and someone we should respect for his service to humanity is just ignorant and borders on stupidity.

Ted Kennedy and his ilk love to spend other people's money, and they have spent our tax dollars to the point that they have bankrupted this country and sold it to the Chinese. To me that's treasonous, not something to be admired.

Ted Kennedy was a lecherous old drunk who thought he was, by virtue of his birth, God's gift to both women and the great unwashed, who should look upon him as something of a god. In reality, he was an arrogant rich boy using daddy's money to fund his political campaigns and his drunken, frat-boy antics. What's to respect?

I'll say it again: Good riddance to the lecherous old drunk. Too bad it didn't happen a lot sooner.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My respects goes out to Ted Kennedy, he held the Kennedy name hhigh and proud. He will be missed.

RIP
Ted "The Lion Of The Senate" Kennedy

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'll certainly not mourn his passing or shed a tear, though my sympathy does go out to his familly and friends.

The b*****d wholeheartedly supported the IRA, and living in the UK as I do, I hope he burns in hell for eternity.

Good riddance.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by duble0peter
My respects goes out to Ted Kennedy, he held the Kennedy name high and proud.

Joe Kennedy, Jr did. (KIA in World War Two)

JFK did.

RFK did.

Teddy? Nah, not really. Teddy is just the punch line in a joke.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
He was a man among worms.

But! Like Jeffrey Dahmer and Yasser Arafat, he may have repented of murder prior to his death, and may yet be my brother in heaven. I hope this is true.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by novacs4me]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
my condolences for the kennedy family, however i wonder if now "Obamacare" which was at one point "Hillarycare" will now become "Kennedycare" and if so will the opposition back down in respect for the deceased? Will the liberals use this death as a propanganda tool to pass a hotly contested health care bill? Maybe this is just the conspiracy theorist in me but people die all the time, some tragically, some for their rights or the rights of others, and maybe some die just to ensure the family business keeps on rolling...think about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthQuake

Deep thought.

People self inflict themselves with BRAIN CANCER all the time. [/sarcasm]

[edit on 29-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

You mean like the manic fiasco that was "The Wellstone Affair" ??? I would not put it past them with the complete complicity of the Kennedy Clan!
Zindo

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ted Kennedy was the poster child of what is wrong with America and the US government as whole - that if you are inside the elite circle, you don't have to abide by the rules that everyone else does - rules that Kennedy himself no doubt voted numerous times to put on everyone else. I am ashamed to see people crying tears for him. It blows my mind. Sad to see that so many of you are caught up in his lies rather than his faults.

Lets not forget Ted Kennedy let a woman (his mistress aka cheating on his wife) drown in his car after driving drunk and hitting a tree before slamming into the water. The man swam out and let her drown and didn't even report it and barely spoke it if the next day when asked by police. This man is a murder. Sounds like something someone in politics would do alright...It's almost like when his son, Patrick, got caught drunk driving a couple years ago by DC police and he was driven home by the officers instead of being placed behind bars, like the average person would have been.

Corruption wreaked off this man as well. There are countless stories of how evil this man truly was.

There's no good this man has and I honestly believe we're in better shape without someone like him in play.

I look forward to not seeing anything regarding this man next week...He's no michael jackson yet has the exposure of him. If it weren't for his last name and the family he's attached to it wouldn't even be a big deal.

His last name was his saving grace. This man was a fraud and murderer essentially. This man was no hero. Wasn't even as close of a man as JFK was.

This man was no saint. Put your thoughts and prayers into your family, rather than a corrupt politician who deserves no attention whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
in the end he was just human as all of us and i don't think anyone is without sin or mistakes. still he chose to use his power/influence for other things than just making money unlike most of us who couldn't care less about someone else's needs. he actually improved the lives of many instead of just enjoying his wealth.

this also proves to the conspiracy nuts that there is no cure for cancer yet - no matter how rich and powerful you are. unless his body wasn't really in there (hint to a new conspiracy theory?)

RIP Teddy. we'll all join you someday.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Ted Kennedy and the entire Kennedy family are a perfect example of what's wrong with US government. The family has produced absolutely NOTHING and has spent their entire existence in politics and they are all millionaires sucking off the people of the US. Kennedy is the perfect example of a career politician and why Senators should be limited to 4-8 yeras and NOTHING MORE!

You are wrong, his father, Joe Kennedy, produced a lot of booze (by smuggling) during Prohibition, then used the money he earned to buy an Ambassadorship to England.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Deep thought.

People self inflict themselves with BRAIN CANCER all the time. [/sarcasm]

And inflict upon others... I heard that Chris Dodd has butt cancer... Could it be that Kennedy had his ... Never mind.

I shouldn't stoop so low as to imply any unspeakable such as that.

I'm not completely convinced that he 'murdered' that woman at Chappaquiddick and got away with it. After reading some facts, seems as though he was drunk and negligent. Automatic Manslaughter. Yet, they didn't try him thoroughly.

Well, his maker called him home to have a little private 'town hall' with him.

[edit on 9·4·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
And inflict upon others... I heard that Chris Dodd has butt cancer... Could it be that Kennedy had his ... Never mind.

CONGRATULATIONS! You might have set a new low on ATS.

Making fun of people with cancer. Replete with obligatory smiley face.

In a word, pathetic.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I just wonder if more happened that night at Chappaquiddick? I'm sure that things went on that we may not even know about. They obviously called in the damage control people asap! I always wondered if he was "set up". Oh, well, the tarnished image never got him the Presidency, but that may have saved his life. Someone should start a conspiracy thread about the incident at Chappa (who can spell this?), and if he was set up! Lots of damaged lives!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join