It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing theory on time travel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ive been recently thinking a lot about how time is manipulated by the brain. It has come to my attention that some days are long, and some days short (as many of you might notice as well). Now the first question this poses in my mind is, "Why was today so long?" . The first thing that comes to mind is the topic about the seemingly ageless man from china (mentioned in previous topic on ats, and im lazy). Now as i sit here developing thought on this i wonder, does the amount of thought being incurred at one moment at any given time control how fast time is actually being perceived? And if it does, how would we go about manipulating this change in perception of time at any given moment? Think of the movie wanted for example! Does anyone have any thought or input on this subject as i am very curious to learn more about this.

P.S. I have other various theories on time and the brain if anyone is interested on having an intellectual conversation with me.

ooops! my bad haha

[edit on 25-8-2009 by enlightenedwarrior]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
With what should be taken as a caveat with any of my posts, i dont have the answers, just ideas.
i dont know are three of the most useful words i know in dealing with topics like this.
So on that premise, i have had some thoughts on the matter.

ive taken an interest in the correlation between gravity and time, and recommend the results of the gravity probe B experiment, in particular the "frame dragging" data. i think its highly significant.

If time is a variable, based on gravity, then what we call time, might better be described as the local speed of time, based on the gravitational influences of the galaxy/sun/earth/moon.....

Indeed its possible that in a galaxy with more mass than ours the "speed" of time is different, getting there may be half the story, you may need to "dial in" to the local rate of speed at which time runs there.

If and i say If thats true then you should be able to step right out of the time stream, no matter how fast or slow its flowing, if you create a bubble where time doesnt flow at all, then its seperated from the native timestream, and can theoretically re enter the stream at a different point. i refer to this place outside time as the 4th dimension, a place outside time flow, with a topological view of the whole stream.

If this is possible..... if time travel is possible, then its possible now.

Your moment of right now would include the reality of time travel.

The "device" could be invented a million years ago, or a million years from now....... once its invented its ability to use a 4th dimensional conduit links it with every other moment of now, including the one you are currently using.

The implications are almost spiritualy profound.

If this is a reality, then everything we do gets written indelibly on the fabric of the universe, if you cheat while the ref isnt looking, the reality will still be indelibly written in historys tome, an akoshic record if you like. Which can be accessed and replayed ad infinitum by those possesing such ability

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Ashtrei]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I believe time travel isn't possible. I do believe time 'viewing' is possible.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There is no time in an absolute vacuum. Time only exists when we agree on the motion of something to measure it with. In the old days it was the motions of the sun, moon and stars that divided the days months and years. In more modern times we can use much shorter atomic clock events.

Certainly the subjective experience of time is dictated by organic events such as the synapse firing frequency in the brain. Time can be frozen but cannot be reversed in a way that would violate cause and effect.

If you could travel around the universe from gravity well to gravity well while you and your clock are maintained at a temperature of absolute zero, time would continue only as zero point energy interactions. Once rewarmed to a temperature where your subjective experience of time could again be felt, your clock would seem to be keeping time normally to you. If you happened to awake free falling across the event horizon of a black hole your clock would be moving very differently than a clock on Earth however.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by enlightenedwarrior

time is merely perceived by us as linear because thats how we are taught. time could be simultaneous and we just snap from moment to the next by simply following a seemingly logical set of events. how do we know time isnt circular or spherical? we only think of it as a line, not as anything else. it could be 3 dimensional, yet time is considered the 4th dimensional, so that adds a whole new host of questions! time is 4 dimensions, not 2 or 3, so how do we begin to unravel this mysterious 4th dimension of time? what is it? what are its properties? can we undo it? can we replicate it? if we can replicate all 4 dimensions, then maybe, just maybe time travel is possible. we know that 1,2,3 are applied to shapes, but we apply the 4th dimension (time) to any shape and it gets distorted! what if theres a whole host of undiscovered knowledge and shapes and much more on that seemingly impossible to grasp 4th dimension? once we can harnass and comprehend the 4th dimension, then maybe we can answer your question and more in a way that fully explains it

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by enlightenedwarrior

the onyl thing that effects the duration of "time" is the amount of events/happenings in a particular timframe. The closer we get to 2012 the more and mroe events in the same timframe there will occur, creating an ilusion of tiem speeding up. Time cant speed up,time is simply an illusion in order to experience a linear human life.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's only your perception of how fast or slow time is moving.
Try an experiment.
Set a video recorder showing a clock for 12 hours.
You spend the same 12 hours staring at the ceiling.
Time is slow huh ?
Now set the video recorder showing the same clock , for another 12 hours.
Spend that 12 hours doing something you love.
Time moves quickly huh ?
Study the video evidence of both events after.
Time moves along at exactly the same pace.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I just wrote an article related to this subject titled Chronokiesis. Fasciating stuff imo.

top topics

join