It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve loses suit demanding transparency

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

What difference does it make whether there is any gold in Fort Knox? The US Dollar went off the Gold Standard completely in 1971.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

What difference does it make whether there is any gold in Fort Knox? The US Dollar went off the Gold Standard completely in 1971.
Thats right,Very good point. To much info latley trying to sort it all out.
So who excatally owns that gold ? America ? Wasen't it for backing the dollar ? Someone enlighten me please.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Central Banks around the world & the IMF now hold the majority of gold reserves

en.wikipedia.org...

Gold is now traded like any other commodity, it is not used to back many currencies anymore, hence the term, "Fiat Money"

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is really good news!!

After hearing that the audit the fed bill got blocked in the senate, seeing that this suit got blocked really makes my day. I don't think the federal reserve or any other quasi-federal or federal agency like the CIA should be immune to this transparency. These people think they own the federal government.

Now I have more faith that we'll know more about the fed's activities. This really brought a smile to me today. Good article.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
Surely if it happens it's because it needs to happen to carry on the plan, I don't see any justice being done here or anything that helps out the little man. If the disclosure comes its because it needs to.
Somehow I got the same exact impression. Now, I don't claim to know much about the Justice system especially when it comes to "federal type" entities, one of which the FED portrays itself to be like, but can't they appeal this ruling all the way to the highest instance like the supreme court?

My gut tells me this isn't over quite just yet.

Kind regards, M.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This will end up in only 1 of a couple ways..

1. Its all a big show and we end up still not understanding anything, but somebody in power will say , dont worry people we got it under control now, go back to your other crap...

2. They actually do start digging and its so bad, something bad happens to take our minds off of it asap.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It won't stick.

If they can blow a sitting President's brains all over his wife's face in open public, (50 YEARS ago), they can beat this.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
before the FED discloses anything, you can bet on some immenient economic event to happen, delaying any disclosure. Dar I say a false flag event. How about a bank holiday.

I don't care what the courts said, I'll bet there is no way the FED is going to disclose anything. They will do something to stop it. They know they are a bunch of lying SOB crooks, with a bunch of cooked books. They will not disclose anything. I would love to be wrong on this one.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is good news and a hopefully a step closer to Ron Pauls Federal Reserve Transparency Act (H.R. 1207) being passed.

That being said, I believe the FED will get all lawyered up and file appeal after appeal to delay disclosing anything as long as they can. They know their scam is finished once they have to open the books to the public.

I could see a false flag operation happening to distract people from this. There is a lot of money at stake here so I wouldn't put it past them.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I hope this leads to an audit of the Federal Reserve now. Why should they be immune from such a thing??? (BTW, I mean a complete audit, not just what the court agreed to here)

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
One step closer to action...Lets hope something happens

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
this is good news. I doubt full disclosure will ever come, but am certainly hopeful. I think shart would hit the fan if we all found out who benefits from the trillions (with a T) missing and wrote off year after year. The Obama admin. said monday that Bernanke will be reappointed when first term is up. Who didn't know that?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rygi23

Cripes man...you won't believe what I just watched Cavuto say on Fox News. He was championing Bernanke and saying...well the Bush administration must not have been that bad if Obama is keeping him and a few others when Bush was in office.

The guy has funneled billions upon billions of dollars to banks and corporations...and Freakin Cavuto has the GD nerve to put Bernanke on a pedestal.

Yeah Cavuto...i'm glad stocks are higher...even though millions of americans are out of work and struggling to make ends meet.

Wow does this PISS ME OFF!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

David, that's what you get for watching that tripe. It's bound to piss anyone off that has a few working brain cells.

I do hope something comes from this but I am wary. This whole swine-flu/vaccine crap is coming down and I fear we may not even get to the point of trying to audit the illegal fed because we will all be dead from the damned vaccine.

I still have hope but it's waning. Hearing the news that they want to keep Bernanke around, even though there may be worse choices, it still leaves me with no faith in the U.S. government. None at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Of course you need to keep him around...the Fed needs a patsy. And who better than a Bush patsy for Obama to kick around when the blame game falls on Bernake's lap?

Disclaimer: I am not a professional Spin Doctor (nor have I played one on TV) but even I can see this set up from a mile away.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
He's not a Bush Patsy. He's a Greenspan Patsy. Greenspan trained him, and he's following along in Greenspan's footsteps.

You think the housing bubble was a mistake?

2002 - New York times opinion piece:

The basic point is that the recession of 2001 wasn't a typical postwar slump, brought on when an inflation-fighting Fed raises interest rates and easily ended by a snapback in housing and consumer spending when the Fed brings rates back down again. This was a prewar-style recession, a morning after brought on by irrational exuberance. To fight this recession the Fed needs more than a snapback; it needs soaring household spending to offset moribund business investment. And to do that, as Paul McCulley of Pimco put it, Alan Greenspan needs to create a housing bubble to replace the Nasdaq bubble.

NYT

And where does Greenspan do consulting work now? Pimco.

All this to pump money into the system by draining the credit reserves of every person in the nation. Welcome to indentured servitude... 21st century style.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1963dd0f6da.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Of course you need to keep him around...the Fed needs a patsy. And who better than a Bush patsy for Obama to kick around when the blame game falls on Bernake's lap?

Disclaimer: I am not a professional Spin Doctor (nor have I played one on TV) but even I can see this set up from a mile away.

I figure both Bernake and Hillary are predestined for "accidents". If we see Hillary goto another unfriendly nation than it's likely her "accident" will be the pretext for war. Or it's possible that Obama was told he had to keep Bernake just like Bush was forced to take him.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here's food for thought. The more complicated the issues get, the easier they are to understand. very few people without an acccounting degree can even comprehend what the FED does everyday. It's complicated for a reason. The simple part is that as a nation, we are way past broke. The idiots running the country act like someone else is to balme. Both sides have had a chance to improve things. They haven't.

For the vast majority of legislators, they are owned by the PTB. That's another simple concept that's easy to understand. if they were'nt owned by the elite, things would change for the better.

It would have been simplier to give each taxpaying family $100,000 each, and let them pay off what they owe, and go about their business. But the FED choses to give it to the people that steal for a living, and they're good at it.

Most of the people that are running the FED in one capacity or another, used to work for the people they're giving our money to now. isn't America great--what a system. The government occasionally allows us to receive a little tax break in return for raping us the reat of the year. Then they raise taxes on everyone, and get back many times what they gave us to begin with. Then , they tell us it's going to cost more to have what we already have, and we should be happy about it, and we need to let them take our money even faster from us. Then---each side balmes the other when they can't get a consensus.

The only thing they can agree on, is to take more and give less, and give themselves a raise when they feel like they deserve it. Congress has power over the FED, yet those chicken sh_t congressman won't do anything to stop the movement to endless debt. it kind of answers who is in charge doesn't it??

Just remember this concept, and things will be much easier to figure out, both sides play for the same team, and answer to the same puppet master. There are different methods to distract the public, but the outcome is always the same. Why do you think there is never any real change? The ruling elite get change when they are ready for change.

The Obama team are doing exactly what they are told to do, nothing more, nothing less. I have never seen any administration say things one day, and change what they said the next day, more than this one. The are masters of doublespeak.

Remember, the President is owned by the FED, and the FED does what the puppetmasters tell them to. it's all part of the plan, and we have a front row seat at a historical time in history to watch the downfall of a great nation, happen before our eyes. Has anyone over 50 ever seen things change so fast?? The agenda will become clearer each day. All it takes is a little logic. But for the logically impaired, just be patient, you'll learn how you're getting screwed soon enough. Even the "O" lovers will one day utter a collective "WTF"

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This sounds like a sweet deal until you realize that every single thing the government does is a double edged sword. There is a good side and a bad side sometimes...but more often than not.....there is just two bad sides...that's how everything gets passed, no matter what you do, you will get screwed. In this case here, we were warned by Ben Bernanke (Fed Chairman) back in June of this year, that auditing the FED would result in major financial disruptions for our already weakened financial state and would be destructive to the survival of the American dollar. It was a threat!....If we were to audit the FED ask for transparency and get it....they would collapse our financial system worse than any previous depression. I will have to say, in this case........it's not as good as you may think, we have all just sealed our fates...most likely before the end of this year, the dollar will be broken.They want to break the American dollar anyway (have for the longest time) because they want to install a New Worl Order currency. Some say this is the Amero but who knows what they will call it now, the Amero just seems a bit obvious at this point. If they named it the Amero, that would most likely help the case of "the people" because this would be an ostensible prophecy that came true ....even by getting the very name of the currency correct and people may start listening to conspiracy theorists then....so I doubt it will be called the Amero...but then,....these guys are arrogant too and love to rub our noses in our own sh*t and reaffirm to us that we can't do jack to them despite what we now. But whatever the reason,.....this is gonna hurt. These guys don't bluff when they own the stuff.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
FYI... in my graph earlier, for some reason, ATS chops it off at the end of Greenspan's tenure. "View Image" and you will see the whole graph.

The "Per Worker" are the number of workers that are in the "Civilian Labor Force" as per the Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS) as of the month that the data represents. The credit debt data is straight from the Fed.

If you believe in Kondratiev cycles (waves) you will note that this whole bag of worms started at the peak of cycle 5, the Information Technology wave beginning in 1971.

Nikolai Kondratiev was a Russian economist who theorized that Western capitalist economies have long term (50 to 60 years) cycles of boom followed by depression. The modern version lists them as 45 to 60 years in length. With the advent of a new breakthrough technology, the prosperity from that will peak at about 11 to 15 years, then there will be rescession, followed by depresion, then recovery. At the onset of the next breakthrough technology, the process repeats itself.

At the bottom of the depression areas of the waves... there has been a major war either started by or related to the economy.

Wave one - 1771 Industrial revolution - War of 1812 at the depression side.

Wave two - 1829 Steam and Railways - American Civil war at the depression side.

Wave three - 1875 Steel, Electricity, Heavy Engineering - WW I at the depression side.

Wave four - 1908 Oil, Auto, Mass Production - WW II at the depression side.

Wave five 1971 - Info Systems - No real economic based war yet... Persian Gulf 1 and 2 and Afganistan aren't really caused by a lot of economic turmoil.. but the jury is still out.

So.... somewhere between 1983 to 1988 we should have peaked and started the slow grind into recession/depression. Greenspan came to power in 1987, and through policy, created the Nasdaq bubble to pump money through the systems. IT businesses took on heavy debt and expanded exponentially. Everybody was investing in everything. The DOW peaked around 11722.98 on 14 Jan 2000... and everything fell apart. >>pop

<< 1    3 >>

join