It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ranting Compendium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The Ranting Compendium

Couldn't find the right place to post this, but seeing as when we 'rant' or 'vent our rage' it in a way serves as a mental release for some.

Ever feel the need to get something of your chest here on ATS about anything but just couldn't find the right time or place to do it?

Let's hear your best rant, but make sure it adheres to the T&C. To make it more interesting, we will keep it down to a 150 word limit, so think carefully. In a way, this could serve as a collection of thoughts, not too long, but to the point, if it works properly.

My rant: I am sick and tired of members with fundamentalist religious beliefs employing their 'what if you're wrong' tactics. To me, it is the symbol of sheer ignorance, to question the validity of another person's philosophy on the possibility of the opposite and even worse is hinting at possible punishment for the 'disbelievers'.

Just keeping it short and simple.

Eagerly awaiting to see the best of what ATS has to offer.

[edit on 24/8/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I am sick of threads that start with OMG.
I can't stand seeing threads that say MUST READ.
Capitals for the title annoy me as well.
It degrades the integrity of this place by making it seem national enquirerish.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I get annoyed by people who come to this site not to rationally and calmly discuss ideas, but to push their beliefs (on any subject) onto people with no room for disagreement.

I also hate people who make a sarcastic or cynical comment and follow it with
or
over and over again with the intent of mocking their audience or subject. Honestly, grow up people.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Is the rant required to be specifically about ATS ?

If not, my rants include:

* supermarket prices increasing on weekly basis

* increased volume of tv commercials compared with the programmes they interrupt

* deafening noises emanating from vehicles ... boom-a-langa, boom-a-langa, looka-me, looka-me

* people who walk straight at you and expect you to move out of 'their' precious way. I've learned to stop dead. Now what you going to do, smartie ?

* industries who reduce staff, forcing patrons to wait ridiculous amounts of time for service. To them I say: ' You're getting paid for the time you spend here. We, the customers are NOT being paid to wait. Yet WE pay YOUR wages'

* people who believe every stupid, boring, ordinary thing their kids do is cute and special and noteworthy

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I am sick and tired of people in general. Everyone has someone to blame. Theres always a person behind the scenes holding you back. If it isnt a NWO or some other government conspiracy its religion. If you really dont like the way things are, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I wake up every morning asking myself the same question , "what the f*** have you dont with your life?" and I move on with my day and make an effort to shape and improve the lives of the people around me and myself. Excuses are like toilets, everyone uses them or posts them on ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast
Is the rant required to be specifically about ATS ?

* increased volume of tv commercials compared with the programmes they interrupt

Nope. Rant about anything!

And that point really made me laugh.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Great Thread!!!!!

On to the rant

I'm sick and tired of all the ufo fan boys jumping all over every fake/garbage picture that ANW or any other such dubious media sites posts for the gullible masses to lap up and make the rest of us look like enormous jackasses. That gets my goat.

Also the people who sign up for the sole purpose of pushing their religious beliefs on everyone really get my goat.

Heck while I'm at it all the US political threads on ATS are getting really old seriously people the universe doesn't revolve around the US (puts on flame suit)

Disclaimer: I believe in ET life and UFOs, I just have enough respect for myself not to gush over every pic and story that gets posted here.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

It's assault, really, isn't it ? You might be watching a low-key interview when suddenly a lunatic explodes into your living-room, screaming his head off, 'Buy THIS ! Buy it NOW ! BRONCO toilet cleaner ! SPECIAL OFFER ! PHONE NOW ! GET TWO ! You think you've killed all the germs in your toilet ? WRONG ! Scientific tests show that 99% of toilet cleaners FAIL to remove THESE ! ' and then a close up of the inside of a toilet -- no warning -- and technicoloured ugly nasties you're accused of failing to KILL for the sake of YOUR FAMILY'S HEALTH !

It's like a slap in the head with a hyperdermic full of adrenaline. If I had a gun I'd probably shoot them out of sheer shock

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

I know how you feel buddy.

Its as if we've done something wrong!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You start by saying that you 'couldn't find the right place to post this' and that brings me very neatly to my rant.

How long will it be before some smart alec comes along and tells you that you've posted this in the wrong forum? (If, indeed, you have).

Really, that's all some people 'add' to a thread. You have to bet that when they were at school they were the pencil monitors.

There are mods to help decide if a thread is in the wrong forum or not, who needs a snarky little post from an otherwise disenterested member to put them in the wrong?

Oh, and some really interesting threads get moved from ATS to BTS with no reason that I can discern. I love BTS, but I did wonder why Tentickle's thread about depression, for instance, was moved there. I thought it deserved to stay in ATS where it might have got a wider audience.

St Vaast Nearly every one of your rants struck a chord with me.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Isn't there an actual forum on BTS devoted to ranting?

new topics

top topics

join