It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When it comes to marching band and NWO... They feel similar.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am in a marching band at a high school, and during my stay for 3-4 months, I feel a bit suspicious...

So far there are rules regarding joining rehearsal, that says forget anything else and stick to band... and I do not mean normal stuff.

If you are sick, you have to go.
If you got stuck in a road, you have to go.
If you or one of your family members are either in the ER or dying, you have to go.
If you have an appointment, for the doctor, dentist, or eye doctor, you have to go.

They will kick you out!

Also they told me this yesterday,

If you do not wear a hat, you are either kicked out or marked as unexcused absent.

Just for not wearing a hat too.

So what they are trying to show me (or us all band members), is that forget about your health, your family, and your friends, and join their band.

Sounds a bit like NWO to me (meaning the schools are acting like so too.)

Forget about your health, your family, and your friends, and join them.

If you do not agree, or they do not like you, they will throw you out!

I do not know, but they all look odd to me.

Am I being paranoid, or something is wrong here?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Heh, well, you are being a bit paranoid, but it is understandable. My dad was in Marching Band when he was in high school and I did a year of marching band my freshman year. That's the way they are. MB is rigorous and very militaristic. They are strict and sometimes way too rigid.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Ya, but the point is, they go a bit too far, especially my school, since they get alot of rewards for band.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

I totally understand. My dad got to get out of class early, leave school early, all that jazz. Lots of perks. Not so many for me, but it was still a priviledge.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The idea behind these things is to get people aclimatized to a top down hierarchical structure, to get people used to trading their individuality for the uniform, to get people accostumed to following orders even to the detriment of their personal life.

It's a psychopathic creation, totally different from comunal bands and spontaneous manifestations of art. Not to say it's not art, it is and pretty nice to watch, but the sociological implications are dire. It's a formal prelude to slavery, teached through the schools under the pretext of art.

Don't for a moment think that there isn't a control freak somewhere thinking about how this suits him.

It's militarized art. See it for what it is and make your choice.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

I do not really have a choice here for me.

It is either stay, or do not go to college.

I would need the credit to get in.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

There's always a choice, everyone is really free. It's all about accounting consequence isn't it?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yes That is true Mindmelding, but I have more of a consequence of leaving though.

The point is though, even the most simplest events, or hobbies, or electives can show how gloomy other things are, like NWO and bands

new topics

top topics

join