It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello and thank god for this site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am a young man with many experiences around the planet. I grew up in a Christian home, the son of missionaries. I grew up in the sin city of the world, Amsterdam, the Netherlands and then moved to the U.S. at the age of 8 (first Hawaii, then Colorado). Once I was old enough I travelled a little, myself, around China and Hong Kong for a year. Then I got a job in Alaska for some time until finally settling on the east coast for now. Though I was raised in the church and became involved in the church, I myself am not a Christian anymore. I lost faith in the Christian religion once I began studying it for myself. The more I read the Bible, the more questions and doubts I had. The more I researched it, the less I believed it. Now I think it has some great morals to learn, but overall I think it is a very limiting and self-destructive religion.

I believe there must be a higher being, but who or what this, I am not entirely sure, whether it is extra terrestrial or supernatural.

I believe in extraterrestrials, I believe the U.S. government had a part in 9/11 (probably also in many other events in history), and I believe money is the bane of mankind.

Thank you for your time.
-Katerna

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

Welcome to ATS katerna ...

You sound like an intelligent and considered person who's wiling to look things up and make up your own mind.

So thanks for joining and we look forward to your contributions.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Wow, welcome to ATS friend, I'm very much going to enjoy discussing your interests and the various things that come up on ATS.

This place can be a bit hectic, there's alot to read and get to know, feel free to use the links in my signature to get yourself started, or contact me, I"ll be happy to help.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Great to have you here with us and i do hope you enjoy your time here, Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to help you get around,

Here is some links to help you learn your way around ATS,
[/url]ATS Video Tutorials

You can also use these threads to ask questions if you need some help getting around,
Im always about to get back to you

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Welcome, Katerna. That was a good introduction. I believe we could get along well if we cross paths on the threads. Your beliefs you expressed seem to coincide with mine.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

Good intro
Welcome aboard

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Welcome to the alternate thinkers.

It's my understanding that the bible does have some messages about the supernatural in some form. There's also the possible links to aliens as gods, fallen angels etc. So, I think there are some half truths and misinterpretions, along with alleged disinformation by certain groups as well.

It's been my thought for a long time, that organized religion is in many ways just another business. People shouldn't give up their spirituality or give up on the good in the supernatural either, just because of some hypocrites and or demonic behaviors.

I'm not a bible thumper, but I wouldn't throw it on the fire either.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Welcome to ats. Even though I too am quite the newb

I find it quite funny that you are thanking god for this site even though you no longer believe in him. But its a figure of speech

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lemmeknow

yeah i know. i was thinking the same thing right after i posted it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

thank you, keeper. i will make sure to read your posts as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
yeah thank god for this site but the 20 posts before we can posts in any other forums is a bit over board. it should be more like 1 thru 5.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hi and welcome to the forums .... that was a very interesting intro and I'll be looking forward to any future threads of yours !

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hello and welcome aboard!! Happy posting!! See ya on the boards!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

wupy

top topics

join