It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the friendly crocodile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
had to post this story . i cant really say more about it as the story it self will reveal all. just warms my heart to see that there still may be hope for us....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 17-8-2009 by loner007]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This totally freaked me out when I saw it.

Loved the photos but couldnt get out of my own preconceived ideas that this was impossible!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
kind of reminds me of "the toad and the scorpion" story, but apparently the croc' saw it pretty special to have been fed and helped healed back to health during tough times.
nice sense of consciousness.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Love seeing images like these, what kind of croc is that exactly though?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

I remeber not long ago there was a 'bear man', he lived somewhere in North America, played with them , walked with them, fished with, for 23 years he was their companion.

After 23 years, THEY ATE HIM!

It sounds like a heart warming story but believe me, crocodiles are pure instinct, pure animalistic instinct, something is going wrong with this one but trust me, sooner or later he'll come a cropper.

Maybe the croc is being stuffed to the brim with chooks before he goes in.

But watch this spacce, sooner or later, he'll be lunch.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Now that is what I call playing with fire. He will get burnt if he doesn't watch it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm going to guess that this gator is old and likes men that feed him and the attention. Seems like they're play dating to me.

Schnappi?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shredder

That is most definitely an Estaurine Crocodile, or more commonly known as the Saltwater Crocodile.

Amazing story. As a reptile fanatic, I cannot help but be intrigued by this. Reptiles can actually be rather compassionate in cases like this, but this guy is still running a big risk. Estaurines are VERY dangerous animals and could easily do some damage if in a bad mood or the guy slips up.

However, I'm not surprised. I've seen Crocodilian species warm up to people like this before. Although admittedly not often in their own environments, nor of a Crocodile of this size or species.

Interesting!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This guy has some giant marbles.

I hope he doesn't get eaten but I don't see this ending well.

Is it possible for crocodiles to feel friendship and love ?

Maybe the crocodile thinks the guy is a potential mate.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Strictsum

It's not as common as other reptilian species (i.e. The Komodo Dragon has been known to have unique personalities that differ from each individual, and have been known to show affection) but Crocodile's are one of the more intelligent species of reptile, and have been known to show emotions like this on occasion. Though again, it's possible but not exactly common. This is probably the third time I've ever heard about something like this to be completely honest.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

I have two words for this guy. Timothy Treadwell,
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jameslewin

bears vs crocks.

who's to guess which scenario is going to go sour?

new topics

top topics

join