It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas, pro-al Qaeda group clash in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Hamas, pro-al Qaeda group clash in Gaza

www.reuters.com

GAZA (Reuters) - Islamist radicals from a pan-Arab group defied the Hamas rulers of Gaza Friday by declaring an "Islamic emirate," prompting clashes that killed 16 gunmen.

Although Jund Ansar Allah ("Warriors of God") rallied only a few hundred men for an event at a Gaza mosque, it marked a clear challenge to Hamas's nationalist brand of Palestinian Islam by groups espousing a pan-Arab militancy aligned with al Qaeda.

It was followed by clashes between Hamas policemen and supporters of the leader of the movement in the southern town of Rafah, near the Egyptian border.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This sounds interesting...this must be the part when Al Qaeda tries to eat its host and the host has to destroy it to save its own life.

I remember telling people three years ago...be careful what you bring into your house. I guess now people will understand. To bad it usually has to get to this point.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sorry, I feel bad for Hamas......they have been out "radicalized" by another Islamic group. Just wait till someone starts calling Hamas "Zionist occupiers"

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Earlier in the day Haniyeh denied that any such group even existed in his mini-state. Ultimately, the lies consume the liar and everyone else just sits back and watches the carnage.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Opens the doors for Isreal's own "war on terror"

Hey if it worked in the US...even using the same terrorist group as them

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

While I don't even know if Al Qaeda isn't an Israeli operating unit...I don't think the actual State of Israel is going to have to do anything but sit back and watch this thing spill over into a bloodbath.

I can't remember where I read it but this is the part of the story when God gives each man a sword so they kill each other. Political rhetoric is useless here.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Interesting...israels brain child hamas are more crazy than americas brain child al-qaeda...they should hold summer games each year on who can radicalize a group of people the most or something.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I thought it was the other way around. Hamas is the American's project and Al Qaeda is Israel's?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
reply to post by Solomons

I thought it was the other way around. Hamas is the American's project and Al Qaeda is Israel's?

Nope, Hamas was created by the Mossad to take out Arafat's reign.

Al Qaeda was created by the CIA when they employed Bin Laden to restart the Jihad to battle Russia in Afghanistan during the Cold War.

There was no Jihad for centuries until WE started it.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is needed, Islam needs to exorcise its demons, the radicals will provide their own undoing. Eventually the rule of progress will out pace the plod of convention and tradition... Much like america and any other country-

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

That's confusing to me because I thought the Israeli had infiltrated the highest levels of the USofA's power structure back in the early 70s and held that position until sometime in November 2005, when they lost their footing and fell and that Hamas was the creature of the Americans' that allied themselves to Israel in its attempt to enslave the Americans.

This whole cloak and dagger crowd is to clever to follow all their moves. I guess its just better to sit back and enjoy the show instead of determine who is who.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Are you people jokers or something? HAMAS is probably the most real Palestinian group there is. They built the schools and infrastructure while sacrificing their own lives just to give Palestinians some chance of hope... Then they were democratically elected by the Palestinians to lead them through elections pressured by Israel and the US.

What happened then? Israel and the US did not like the results of true democracy and they disowned the new Palestinian authority. Now Palestine has no infrastructure because it was all bombed to hell, its people living on scraps, grass and food smuggled in through tunnels that Israel works so hard to bomb. They are caged in like animals and they no longer have any hope, just the despair designed and patented by the US war machine and the hypocritical Israel government. In order to find a means of survival within the walls of the zionists, the Palestinians now fight each other to find a resolution because there is nobody else capable or willing to help them.

The UN should be helping Palestine recover from half a century of aggression, but how can the UN help when the US vetos every measure that Israel does not agree with? There needs to be international intervention against those sick bastards who continue to let this go on for the sake of their misguided futures.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well they are now reporting that the person that all of the sudden decided to declare an Islamic emirate in the middle of Gaza blew himself up during a shootout with Hamas security.

Gaza Battle

No, I am not the joker but these Al Qaeda inspired people are obviously losing their minds as the events of the last 24 hours made no sense. Why didn't this guy just blow himself up without all the drama?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Dude...you should read my my signature. I put it there for people such as yourself.

That crap doesn't work on me.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You are correct,Hamas won the election.It was funded and overseen by the EU and they declared it fair and democratic...then America and Israel had a tantrum like a 10 year old little girl because they didn't like the palestinian peoples decision.More countries jumped on the bandwagon..and the rest is history.Sad,but not much you can do..

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

Dude...you should read my my signature. I put it there for people such as yourself.

That crap doesn't work on me.

haha, I was just making a general statement in the hopes of netting in more people so I could see who is really on what side. It wasn't really directed at you specifically.

Palestine is indeed a very sad situation and I would like to see a solution within my lifetime, even if I have to go there myself someday. The modern generation should not have to suffer from the WWII policies that Israel knows so well.

top topics

join