It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workers lifted my car, painted yellow lines under it and put it down...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

In fact the car had been carefully lifted out of the way for the double yellows to be painted in Gordon Grove in Camberwell, then replaced on the new restrictions by the contractors responsible.

The same day a different set of parking enforcers spotted the 'illegally parked' car, and had it towed away - after photographing it on the newly painted double yellows.

Mrs Ducker had left the runabout without its battery, meaning she knew that it had not been stolen.

She said: 'My little VW disappeared a week before Christmas. I had parked for years on an unrestricted stretch about 40 yards from my home. When I returned on 19 December to replace the battery my car had disappeared and yellow lines had suddenly appeared. There’s no way I could have driven onto those lines.
source

I thought this warranted some attention, as it's a good example of what those in charge think they can get away with these days. They had absolutely no right to do this to this woman. If the car needed to be moved, they should have found her and asked her to move it. It's not the most outrageous abuse of authority in history, but all abuses need to be exposed, lest abuse becomes accepted as the norm.

TA

[edit on 14-8-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I remember a story like this when a road company painted yellow "no park zone" lines around a persons motorcycle. These people amaze me.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

These people amaze me.

Me too. The stuff they'll try just because they think they can get away with it is astounding. Thanks and star for the reply.

TA

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It could have worse. These guys would pave painted over the car.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80706bfd926e.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

True enough, it could have been a lot worse.

Thanks and star for the chuckle.

TA

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Star, and flag.

I quit being amazed long ago; I quit being angry with the PTB/NWO long ago. The woman in question did what about this situation??? What did anyone do, but here by posting the story....

It's like watching everyone in the neighborhood being taken away. As they go, you say "thank god it was them". Yet, in the end there will be no one to help you.

So, I am grateful to read this story as presented by you, but the woman deserved it. She, and everyone needs to practice civil disobedience, or passive resistance.

Nothing will change without it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Actually, she did fight the case and got the fines dropped:

It took a further two months and the involvement of her local MP Kate Hoey to make the council back down and waive the fines, which by now totalled £2,240.

'I knew that to pay up would be an admission of guilt, so I decided to fight them. But I didn’t get the car back until the middle of February and they offered a paltry £100 to compensate for lost road tax, insurance and inconvenience. Needless to say I still haven’t received a penny.'

And she has also been offered compensation for the ordeal:

Lambeth council blamed a 'breakdown in communication' between its contractors and has now offered Mrs Ducker £150 compensation.

(all quotes from the original article)

So, it took a while, but some sort of justice has been provided. That still doesn't excuse the fact that this should never have happened in the first place, but it could have been worse.

So, I am grateful to read this story as presented by you,

Thanks and star for that. I believe the only way to get those in authority to act responsibly is to call them out on abuses. Otherwise, they'll just keep on doing whatever they please.

Thank you all for the replies, insight, stars and flags.

TA

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Star and flag... Very important story. How low will these evil people go so steal from us? Good for her for fighting it and good for you for posting it, thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Good for her for fighting it and good for you for posting it, thanks.

Yes, I'm quite proud of her, and thanks, I enjoy call these people out. They're going to keep doing things like this until people stand up to them, and the best way I can do that at the moment is to point out their misdeeds. Thanks and star for the reply.

TA

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
Star, and flag.

I quit being amazed long ago; I quit being angry with the PTB/NWO long ago. The woman in question did what about this situation??? What did anyone do, but here by posting the story....

It's like watching everyone in the neighborhood being taken away. As they go, you say "thank god it was them". Yet, in the end there will be no one to help you.

So, I am grateful to read this story as presented by you, but the woman deserved it. She, and everyone needs to practice civil disobedience, or passive resistance.

Nothing will change without it.

i couldnt agree more, at this stage in the game, thats all we left, civil disobedience, and passive resistance. its either that, or the other option, and we all know what the other option is........and i dont want that.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 11b1p

at this stage in the game, thats all we left, civil disobedience, and passive resistance.

Agreed. If we don't resist, they will take it as consent to continue victimizing us, but if we resist in a violent manner, they will use it as an excuse to take away more of our rights than they already have.

TA

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I doubt this woman's claim that her car was moved, the lines painted, the car put back, then towed for being illegally parked.

I would like to see the official explanation as to what happened... if possible, can you please link to the original story?

It is more likely that authorities put up temporoay "No Parking" signs, which the woman didn't see or ignored, then her car was towed away before the line painting began.

This happens all the time in New York City, where they may be a temporary "No Parking" condition for many reasons, such as construction, a street fair, a visiting dignatery, etc. The NYPD Traffic Division will generally tow the cars to the nearest legal parking spot, or if there is no legal spot within a few blocks they will tow to the pound.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

The original story is linked in the post, but here it is again:

www.dailymail.co.uk...?85

It's all documented.

TA

new topics

top topics

join