It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Host orders killings to boost ratings for his show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

TV Host orders killings to boost ratings for his show

edition.cnn.com

Wallace Souza, a state legislator and former host of a police TV show called "Canal Livre," also was a drug trafficker, officials say. And to get rid of the competition -- and drive up ratings -- he would order that criminal rivals be killed and then would have his camera crews arrive first on the scene, authorities say.

"In truth, they went as far as creating acts," said Thomas Augusto Vasconcelos, intelligence secretary for Amazonas state. "It's been determined that the crimes were committed
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.time.com

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I found this pretty interesting because it has all the featueres of carrying out a conspiracy. It is amazing how many people were "in on it": Police officers and TV employees cooperated with drug traffickers and murderers to create "entertainment" and boost ratings.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

... would have his camera crews arrive first on the scene, authorities say.

MIght make you think twice about the Naudet Brothers film. Odd that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bd05b210ccd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8c8d6299e02.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This topic already has 2 threads on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-8-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Thanks for the mention I missed those.

Since its allowed to have one thread in "Breaking Alternative News" and one in a regular Forum, I´ll keep this one up and remove the later one in the Forum "Other Current Events".

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Someone posted this few days ago. I didnt know the guy was a dope trafficer though. Even though the people killed are criminals, its still so sick and twisted. I saw one video of it and they were on the scene of a murder and got there so fast the body was still smoking! Horrible and disgusting. Also wouldnt be surprised if this goes on a lot more than we think..

Peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

You make a good point. You wonder what people are willing to do in order to "boost ratings".

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

State officials say Souza faces charges of forming a criminal gang, corrupting testimony, drug trafficking and illegal possession of firearms. He remains free because of legislative immunity, officials say.

Unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Why isn't this being discussed in the media world wide?
It's just one person, all right, but this didn't happen in a vacuum.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle
Why isn't this being discussed in the media world wide?

Because its the media itself involved in it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I get that.

But there *are* more or less "independent" media and reporters who are not caught up in the game. Also, I have seen popular media discuss other media-generated events, negative as well as positive.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I could be wrong here, but the assumption is corruption and murder for profit is so ingrained when it comes to Central and South America, it's almost a cliche. Just business as usual.

Like this one on Brazilian Death Squads. If innocent victims don't generate big attention, why should stories about rival drug dealers killing each other off? Granted, it's a unique spin but still, South American drug lords killing whomever will usually elicit less than a huge response.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join