It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speeding Stars Baffle Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
(Aug. 5) - Stars in a distant galaxy move at stunning speeds — greater than 1 million mph, astronomers have revealed.

see link for more info...........

SPE EDING STARS BAFFLE SCIENTISTS

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I dont understand how it is baffling to scientists how they grow in size. If they are moving super duper fast and they start to slow down they are gonna grow because there is not as much force being exerted on them, ergo not as much pressure. But I think that this is pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that there are some mysteries out there. There are many, many billions of galaxies in the observable Universe. We haven't have a chance to look at more than a tiny, insignificant fraction of those galaxies. We look at a few hundred or a few thousand, and see some trends or some similarities, but it would be unwise to try to generalize about galaxies in general from those few observations. It's kind of like trying to make generalizations about humanity, based on what you know about a couple dozen people.

It seems to me that out of all these galaxies, we're going to find a whole lot that scientists find very puzzling. I would guess that when scientists have some notion about how galaxies work, they'll keep on finding different galaxies that blow their theories out of the water. But that's how we learn about this stuff - keep finding things that shake up our notions of how things work.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I was just reading a thread on ATS about time travel. In this thread it stated that the faster something moves through space the more massive it becomes. I have also seen something about this on the history channel and the science channel. You should look up the thread its called: Time travel 101:how to guide. Excellent read by the way...

PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

here is the link to that post...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I absolutely love the Universe. It is the most interesting thing I have ever read about. I love looking at Hubble Pics of nebulas and galaxies. Its beautiful out there and it seems so peaceful unlike here. Nice find!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thanks for putting that link up, I tried but it didnt work for me...

PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Oh hell yeah, the universe is just...awesome, I cant get enough of it. Best part about it is that it never ends. You can always be sure that you'll find something new out there, it never gets old...

PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Cool article, 4/5 on the "stuff that hurts my brain" scale. Possibly a 5/5 if you remember the fact that, this galaxy they're taking measurements of, probably doesn't even exist anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Further conformation of the electric universe. This is direct observable falsification of the standard model.

The mechanism they are looking for is the electric solar model.

Physicist Ralph Jurgens figured it out a while ago.

There is only one force that can account for the observations, and that's electricity. The observations make total sense when the electric model of galaxy formation and stars are taken into account.

Information on the electrical model of stars can be found here:
sites.google.com...

Information on the electrical model of galaxy formation can be found here:
plasmascience.net...

The two go hand in hand.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by mnemeth1]

join