It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI: Time Travel 101: A How To Guide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Great thread OP! I normally never comment on threads and read them silently, but I really need to give you props for this one. You have made something so complex easy enough for my 11 year old brother to understand.

Also thanks for these videos epsillion70!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacks0hacks
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Question: What would it take to create a wormhole? I understand the concept, but how would you go about it?

Ah, very good question.

As far as worm holes go, we really have just started studying them and as such we do not know all that much about them yet. It has been said that wormholes do form naturally but on very tiny, microscopic scales.

It is also suggested that worm holes are highly unstable and would most likely collapse the second any matter enters it. As you can imagine being in a worm hole when it collapses is probably not to fun....

As far as I know, we are really not all that sure about how to create a man made worm hole. We do have ideas and theories though.

Keeping in mind I do not know all that much about how to build a worm hole ( really not many do)some of the latest scientific research suggests the use of electro-magnetism of all things.

From what I have read about that ( Not much) some how they believe that we could create two electro-magnetic points in space and connect them to form a tunnel.

I wish I could tell you more or go into greater detail, but the truth is we really do not know all that much about making man made worm holes. If you think about though, all the technological advances we have made in just the past 150 years, and then imagine all the technological wonders that will come in the next 150 years, perhaps we are not all that far off from figuring it out!

When we do, look out universe here we come!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
very interested in the theory's of time traveling to the past....much more so then the present

also very interest in string theory or M theory or whatever it has evolved into of late.

Do you believe that traveling back in the past would take you into the same parrallel universe ........

at times in my life i have asked some of the higher levels of myself to give myself the option of pulling myself into a current parrallell dimension into a more resourceful outlook or allow myself the option to see myself in the future in a current parrallel dimension where i am happiest........i meditate on this using fierce determination combined with a bit of loving intent and i must tell you it is a trip ..........i think everyone has the capacity to do this and the degree to which you can is sort of the teacher will appear when the student is ready type of thing.

p.s i would not count on that many more technological advances in the next 150 years making it to the mainstream..........the world is on the precipice of most likely darker times......which may clear or may send us into a new dark age of feudalism..........i would think there is technology that the intelligence agency's and military have that would knock our socks off right now.....and i think should the world continue its move toward globalism there would be less competitive drive among a more global intelligence agency and military toward one upping each other and out doing each other combined with a lowered standard of living for most of the western developed nation's populations....(so consumption potential would probably be less to profit from this technology on a mainstream level

[edit on 8-8-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Time Travel 102 : It has been done already.
The Philadelphia Experiment 1943 : U.S.S. Eldridge
Check out Wiki for more info.
For an experiment that didn't take place Wiki sure has a lot of info
about it.
Einstein was involved.
The work was done at Princeton University.
They started small and made a small toy boat invisible.
After that success they scaled it up to a full size destroyer.
The idea is to overwhelm the Earths natural energy pattern with
an artificial energy pattern.
If you want to build your own time machine, i advise you to use
artificial gravity wave generators. Create a gravity wave sphere.
Rotate the field clockwise or counterclockwise. - Forward or backward
through time -
Before you try to save JFK in 1963 I advise you to first think about
the ripple effects of your actions.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Ah yes, Michio kaku. Now there is a person to watch out for. He is one able to take such complicates subjects and break it down so anybody can understand it.

He reminds me of Carl Sagan in that he is able to make a subject that could easily be filled with frustration and headaches, interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
TextTime travel= something I wont ever do, or try. Why? Your sitting there, or standing, reading my post, ONLY because of the variables that took place BEFORE you read this.Time travel= something I wont ever do, or try. Why? Your sitting there, or standing, reading my post, ONLY because of the variables that took place BEFORE you read this.

Change ANY of those variables, and where would you be now?

Dont do it, or try...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Time Travel 102 : It has been done already.
The Philadelphia Experiment 1943 : U.S.S. Eldridge
Check out Wiki for more info.
For an experiment that didn't take place Wiki sure has a lot of info
about it.
Einstein was involved.
The work was done at Princeton University.
They started small and made a small toy boat invisible.
After that success they scaled it up to a full size destroyer.
The idea is to overwhelm the Earths natural energy pattern with
an artificial energy pattern.
If you want to build your own time machine, i advise you to use
artificial gravity wave generators. Create a gravity wave sphere.
Rotate the field clockwise or counterclockwise. - Forward or backward
through time -
Before you try to save JFK in 1963 I advise you to first think about
the ripple effects of your actions.

With all due respect, do you just expect us to take your word for it or are you willing to back up your claims? Also do you have anything a little more.... legit.... than wiki? I mean, wiki is ok and all, but it can be edited by anyone and the info on their is not always known to be accurate. There is a reason why Wiki has been by a lot of schools for use with any school work.

As for saving JFK... I don't recall saying anything about that. In fact I recall mentioning in one of my posts to another, the ethics of time travel and the problems that could arise in that area.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Great thread. Starred and Flagged

Well thought out and easy, well somewhat for a "lay-person"(sp?) like myself to actually understand.

As far as the worholes and the piece of paper..., I dount know how you would actually fold space to create the shortened distance.

I always thought of it as like a worm going through an apple. Hence the term "worm hole".

If you start on one side of an apple and go staight though it, to the other side, the distance would be a good deal shorter than if you travelled around the outside of the apple. Same concept as the piece of paper really, however I think wormhole are out there in space. Perhaps Black holes, no one knows where they go, although the chances of surviving the journey as far as we know it right now would be impossible. You'd be stretched, and ripped apart.

But maybe out in space there are different types of holes in the fabric of space itself , maybe invisible to out light spectrum, or maybe just none close by that we've seen them. Maybe other being use them who knows.

But your analysis of the space traveller going near the speed of light, and going to the year 2029 in just three years was spot on. But again the technology to go that fast.....

Was there not experiments done with peoples wrist watches who flew long trips on Concord Jets and said watches ended up being like .0001 second slow. Or was it fast? Or did I dream that???

Either way great thread!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
For anyone who might now be curious, This website has the entire special theory of relativity as written by Albert Einstein in 1905.

www.casavaria.com...

It really is a fascinating thing to read and learn about.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
if your travel back in time doesnt like the world blow up?? hahahaha

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

Was there not experiments done with peoples wrist watches who flew long trips on Concord Jets and said watches ended up being like .0001 second slow. Or was it fast? Or did I dream that???

It was no dream. You are correct. The experiment involved two atomic clocks set exactly the same, right down to the milli second.

The watch that was on the plane was something like .00001 seconds (Can't recall the exact amount) slower than the one that remained stationary.

What this showed was that the faster an object moves, the slower time moves for it.

This proved one of Einsteins equations correct. It was his equation for time dilation ( an equation that determined how much time would slow based on how fast an object is moving)

here is a sight that goes deeper into that. It is a bit complicated but if you are good at math ( Truth be told I am lost with out a calculator) it may help you out a bit more

www.amnh.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Well, there are a few books about it at Amazon.com or
Barnes and Noble.com.
I gave you Wiki because it's quick and gives some good info.
Would you like to build an articial gravity wave generator?
If you build one, you could build 6 and bolt them together.
Turn them on sequentially and you got yourself a
Gravity Wave Caterpillar Drive.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by in the flesh
if your travel back in time doesnt like the world blow up?? hahahaha

There is no evidence I am aware of to suggest that.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
when you travel back in time theoretically (thru wormhole)...or some artificial wave generator.......how would you stay within the same parrallel dimension or universe that you grew up in?

[edit on 8-8-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Well, there are a few books about it at Amazon.com or
Barnes and Noble.com.
I gave you Wiki because it's quick and gives some good info.
Would you like to build an articial gravity wave generator?
If you build one, you could build 6 and bolt them together.
Turn them on sequentially and you got yourself a
Gravity Wave Caterpillar Drive.

I think I will pass on that offer to build a "artificial gravity wave generator"... With my luck I might just take out the whole universe

Anyway, thanks for pointing out that there are a few books out there that explain what you were saying before. I will have to look into that.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

S & F

Great post. I'm pretty sure einstein's theory of relativity automatically needs tweaked upon the finding of transluminal speed. The idea is that there is no master reference point in which its possible for one observer to see different laws than another. Transluminal speed, relatively speaking, results in two "impacts" (points at which information passes them). The actual impact of the "object" (or phantom impact for the outside obserser) and the delayed impact of its electromagnetic properties such as light and theoretically, mass (observable impact for an outside observer).

This is only resolved if your electromagnetic properties become latent information at that point that are then restored once you drop back down in speed. I think this is also your best bet for any time travel hopes as well. Instead of moving through space and time, you are sending information to a specified point that has a certain time and location about it.

If someone is doing something for 10 years, 10 "years" worth of change happens regardless (as time is a measure of change). Change in an object mind you, not simply arbitrary change of itself. Those objects light years away are not in THE past, just our relative past. Anything going on right now here is also going on right now there. We wouldn't be traveling into the future, just getting there faster. Everything happens at the same time but the electromagnetic proof of the happening isn't instantaneous.

I'm just saying real time travel would have to be transluminal because once you exceed the electromagnetic proof of yourself and your motions, I'm sure some crazy aspect of physics that we don't understand right now kicks in and allows you to do some strange things.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It's not that hard.
Do you have a garage to work on a small one?
It will only be about 4 foot length / 2 foot width and about 8 inch think.
When you get it up and running just check if it works with a simple
laser pointer. It should bend the light slightly.
Gravity waves bend light.
The first thing you need is a 60,000 VDC Power Supply.
Ready to get to work?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveZ
Great thread OP! I normally never comment on threads and read them silently, but I really need to give you props for this one. You have made something so complex easy enough for my 11 year old brother to understand.

Also thanks for these videos epsillion70!

Thanks so much, I am so glad this is the case. That was my goal and I tried my best to make it happen. I am glad that you like the article.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
dude if could travel through time id do it back to the future 2 style. go ahead 20 years buy a sports almanac for the last 20 years then go back in time and gamble my ass off. other than that excellent thread op.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

great post, S&F.

when you talk of time passing faster for the people travelling at the speed of light. is this the same idea on the movie "back to the future" when they go back or forward in time its almost instantaneous?

G.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join