It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sholin monks, yogis, do they really have powers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Chi Balls?

You make Chi Balls without ever realising.
In fact, you're made of Chi Balls.

Chi is our energy. If you break every single thing in the entire physical plane, you end up with the exact same thing.
Einstein proved this.

If everything is energy, and energy is all the same, then we, are all one. And if we are all one, what seperates my skin, from the air around me?
My brains interpretation.

Everything is nothing until it is interpretated by the brain, thus proving that the physical plane is simply an illusion.
And we all know that illusions aren't real.

So down to the main point, if we are the exact same thing as everything around us, what stops us from levitating, teleporting, shape shifting etc?

Think about it.

Absoulutely nothing.

So how come you can't?

Jacob

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Different type of 'powers' to those described in the OP, perhaps, but several years ago, it was reported in newspapers that a monk in Laos had foreseen the correct lottery numbers 11 times in a row. The monk had told peasants of the numbers prior to the lottery draw. He didn't make a profit himself, according to the reports. The report concluded by saying that the Laotian government had cancelled the lottery until futher notice

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
My understanding is also that we are all equal when it comes to our potential. There is nothing that a master has, which you do not, except for clear focus. This focus is a complex thing and takes years to develop and understand. Attending yoga classes and breaking boards can only get you so far.

I'm talking about a focus with purpose and understanding. The understanding that, to coin a phrase from the matrix, "there is no spoon" or board. That understanding boarders on the lines of spirtuality, and I'm not sure if you are interested in that aspect right now.

I did read "autobiography of a yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda. In it he tells of powerful yogis who could materialise and dematerialise matter at will. They could teleport their bodies and read thoughts. This was possible through great focus and understanding. He also writes about his encounters with people who could go without food perpetually.

These yogis weren't famous, nor did they seek fame. You could walk past one in the street and never know, in fact you probably have.
They weren't performing parlour tricks for a buck, these were beings on there way to realisation.

The book was written over 60 years ago btw.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
First there is training. And then more training. And then some more. And after awhile, human exertion reaches a critical limit, surpasses human ability and ascends to supernatural domains where a "power" takes over that is beyond human context. Sometimes this supernatural power will shine through at the high points of their performance. But it is not them doing it, it is that "higher force" that has taken over after they have reached their limits and their minds go blank.

This happens in any type of professional sports at the peak of ability.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

the ability to pick up on others thoughts and pressence

This is a very interesting one because it's so easy to demonstrate. I suggest to anyone reading this thread to try this very simple experiment. Go to a mall during off-peak hours when the flow of people is such that there's easily a good 20-30 feet between people. First...don't look at anyone. Simply glance about and look for people who suddenly turn around and look at someone or something. Do this for several minutes. You'll probably see that it doesn't happen very often. Then, pick individuals out of the crowd and follow them from 20-30 feet behind them. Stare at the back of their head and think about them.

Watch how often they turn around suddenly and look at you.

I'm guessing a lot of people will know exactly what I'm talking about. This is essentially the same phenomenon demonstrated by the ninjutsu class I described previously. And it's something that anyone can very easily do and see in action for themselves.

Time distortion

Yes, I've experienced this twice myself. Once after being thrown over the handlebars of my motorcycle, and once while avoiding being hit by a truck while on inline skates.

The mind does have these capabilities. And, it seems basically resaonable to me to think that if anyone can have these experiences, someone who deliberately trains abilities of this sort might become better able to use them. I may never have personally witnessed teleportation or flight, but given the number of things I've seen that don't nicely fit into conventional explanation...I'm unwilling to dismiss these things as not possible.

At the same time, however...I think it's of great benefit to pay close attention to try to avoid delusion. For example...I once attended a spoon bending party. It was two hours of people lying to themselves. Were people bending spoons? Yes, of course. But anyone can bend a spoon. At the end of the two hous I was the only person in the entire room who hadn't "succeeded" in breaking a spoon, and I was given some "personal coaching." The final piece of advice I was given was "well, maybe you just need to push a little harder. It isn't done completely with your mind, there is phsyical exertion involved too." To which I frowned and asked her what the point was...because yes, of course I could bend the spoon if I was just going to bend it. And then proceeded to effortlessly bend and twist the spoon into every little contortion anyone else had done. Any 12 year old can bend a spoon. But "spoon bending" is only significant if it's not simply done by twisting the thing with your hands. And this requires some intellectual honesty.

mopusvindictus
The stuff about not eating
a session can take me a full day almost
most I have done is a few day in a row...

...ok, but try it sometime without doing your sun gazing at all. I think you'll find that you can go a few days without eating anyway. I'm not saying what you're doing doesn't work. Maybe it does. I've read about the sun-gazing technique before. But if you're to be honest with yourself, you need to take care to insure that you're not simply "going a day or two without eating" and mis-attributing it to the sun-gazing.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Ah, well, thanks for the compliment about being tough..lol My point was not related to being able to withstand pain, it was about being able to focu my energy to the point that the same amount of effort can be refined and focused to cause an effect without causing pain. I actualy experimented with this.

I can punch a sheetrock wall hard and it will hurt like hell. In addition the wall will not break. But if I take a moment to clear my thoughts and focus, I can punch through the wall like it was paper and there is no pain and no markings on my hand. This is what I meant.

Of course, that being said, no I cannot lead you to scientifically verifiable evidence, as I am really no expert on this matter from that aspect. I think the others in this thread are doing a pretty good job on that, though.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordBucket

the ability to pick up on others thoughts and pressence
Stare at the back of their head and think about them.

Watch how often they turn around suddenly and look at you.

That is why proper Military training in the method of sneaking knife attack from behind includes concentration on the victim's butt, not head. Just sayin'

(maybe somebody will find this helpful when in situation knife on a hostile alien for to run out the flying saucer he has been brought for experiments)

P.S. In some mumbo-jumbo atlantis/planet grid/onnes/truth revealing book, one of this kinds all we ATS members like, I read for a claim that the "best martial artist in the world" had been caught by some Russian military faction and their torture went without success as he could withstand everything. They were UNABLE to harm him physically as he was using some kind of metal trance to shield himself. Yet this was ordinary claim... the next lines were the top of all. The author claimed that the Russians put the martial artist I a cage with a tiger, hoping that the tiger will kill him and eat him. What happened according to the author is that the martial artist transformed in bigger tiger (then the one set to eat him) and actually while transformed he kills (and eats if I remember properly) the former tiger. Nice story huh? Well... I had some doubts about this claims at the times I read this book. But the interesting thing is that this doubts are getting thinner and thinner to the point that even i have not witnessed a crap of a thing Now I would really defend the position - Yes there are cases of super-mega-spiritual power manifested by human beings(like the one the story tells) ---- All this my suspicions are based on my poker gut feeling combined with some special knowledge how INFORMATION is being channeled in every person's mind by different manner. According to this special(wow I am cool to have special knowledge, huh) knowledge, in your world this may not exist but in mine perfectly to fit in. The overall idea is based on the phenomenon of bonded worlds, which bonds can be untied easily as person starts to thing more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more out of the box... which is based on.... ah I am kidding, mate!
-Bartender, goes to sleep now. Cat. Horse. Rabbits.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Egoismyname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rogerstigers
reply to post by hiii_98

I saw a great video once showing a monk channeling his Chi and setting something on fire with it. There were other examples he demonstrated, but that one stuck in my head.

I studied and taught Tae Kwon Do for about 7 years. I never got to the point of setting paper on fire (lol) but I did learn about channeling Chi energy towards a task. By the end of my training I was able to break 2 plastic practice bricks with my fist with no pain, so I personally can validate that there is something to it.

In addition, there is no scientific reason why we couldn't have abilities like the ones described in legend. We just have not yet figured out how to mechanically do it. I think it might be a matter of utilizing some of the less accessed parts of our brains.

The person that you are referring to that set crumpled newspaper on fire with his Chi is Dynamo Jack. The other person that is like Dynamo Jack is one of the 10 Grandmaster healers recognized by the People's Republic of China but currently lives in the US. He appeared on Ripley's Believe it or Not for his ability to focus his Chi and stand on paper, He also could get his hands to over 200 in degrees less then a few seconds and Ripley's used a thermal camera to record the event.

I personally have intercepted someone's thoughts. Telepathic communication. It was at a corner store across the street from my office/house. On this particular day the checkout clerk at the counter wasn't cheery as he usually was and when I was paying for my things I could hear his internal dialogue that he was having with himself about his problems just as if he was talking out loud but his lips weren't moving. I knew instantly what was happening and was about to reply to him telepathically but I didn't want to scare him and remained silent until I left the store. We were the only two people in the store.

This has happened randomly another time to me as well but I can't share that story.

My uncle has the power to astral travel and back in the 70's when he was first dating my aunt he use to use his power to turn himself into a ball of light and spy on her while she was sleeping. Also to see certain monuments across the globe that he couldn't afford to travel to. He stopped using his power in his mid 20's after they got married and had kids. He kept this power secret from the family up until a couple years ago at a family reunion.

My little brother when he was 3 while still in his high chair pulled a glass of milk towards him from the other side of the table using his power of telekinesis right in front of my aunt, my grandmother, mother and me. I was 5 at the time but still remember how the glass fell off the edge of the table and broke on the floor and everyone just froze in a dead silence with what seemed like forever. All though he was only 3 my brothers memory is that far reaching that he remembers the incident like it was yesterday. He is 27 and I am currently 29.

Telekinesis and Telepathy are not powers that him and I have been developing in this lifetime they must have been worked on in a past life. We can all do them if we only meditate.

I have been practicing Qi Gong and can focus my energy into my hands and get my hands warm but no where near Dynamo Jack. At least not yet.

edit on 23-5-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: Added 1 word that was missing

edit on 23-5-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hiii_98

First and formost, they are a community, a tightly guarded community, it is based upon secrets and wisdom, and questions that are designed not to be answered.

With this in hand, they are also adept at nullifying all exoteric perceptions, in a state of "null" they can observe nuances in reality, and it is these nuances that they learn and understand, giving them certain "abilities"...

To the best of my knowledge of course!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I spent last week with a guy that practices some sort of martial art, that had psychic powers that were impressive- I could feel them before he arrived, and apparently so did the dog. We found we had many "abilities" in common, and despite my individual path (in contrast to his training by a master) we shared exactly the same view and comprehensions about chi and other things.

He had claims about the powers his master possessed concerning directing energy in such a away that he could knock a man flying backwards from many meters away, with the flick of hand movement.

Now, I have done and witnessed some small incidences of telekinesis, but never anything of that strength. He claimed to have witnessed, received and I think even done it himself.

What bothered me was that no one outside his group of students had ever witnessed this. His mindset too, was one of such psychological investment in this guru that I couldn't help wonder if such a projection could not even set one up for just being extremely influenced- to the point of seeing things that aren't really there!

If I could see this sort of event myself, and also a recording of it (to be sure I too, wasn't hallucinating) then I might be inspired to go further in learning to master my energy in that way. But I am not moved as of yet.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I just watched this docu which is relevant to the topic, and I found interesting:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join