It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical Leak in Home City Reeks of Cover Up!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not sure if this has become national news yet or not but there was a Chemical Leak in New Bedford, Massachusetts on Monday 8/3/09 that sickened more then 100 people. Problem is the story I read early Tuesday morning differed completely from the story I heard later on the news that night and also from the news today. The initial report from NECN news was that the Hazmat team conducting the search for the chemical substance had said and I quote:

"Hazmat teams working all day have found the pile of trash where the chemicals combined and say they know where the trash came from.They say it's from a dumpster at a construction site, not in the city of New Bedford, but somewhere in the area.".

Then last night and today this is the story they are feeding the media on the same news venue:

" It is believed that the vapors dissipated so quickly that nothing was left for the meters to detect despite the sophistication of the equipment. One of the areas of concern was the odorant control system but there is no evidence of an active leak. Another area of concern is what is called a float tank where debris is cleaned."

So clearly to me this definently reeks of an absolute coverup to possibly calm the nerves of the citizens in the county. I mean how does it go from a truck dumping something to the gas coming from a holding tank? I'm just absolutely baffled by this and am calling the help of any and every ATS member to weigh in on the situation. I started a previous article and it didn't gain any steam so I decided to post a new thread here. Even the fire chief seems like he is lieing each and every time he comes on camera. the Two articles can be found here:

www.necn.com...

www.necn.com...

Please read the articles in order so you get the true effect that I recieved when I read each which was utter puzzlement. I can't tell you any more details at this time but I will do my best to keep this up to date. Hopefully this article gets the attention it deserves since this seems to clearly be a coverup.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sounds crazy.

Do you think it's possible that they were jumping to conclusions the first time?

It does seem like a complete change of story though. I wonder why.

They seemed to have its source nailed down earlier and then for some reason decided that wasn't the place it came from. Definitely seems like they're hiding something.

I also think it's funny how I didn't hear any mention of what the gas was.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

It's quite a possiblity but I doubt that, just watch the two videos of the fire chiefs interview. In the first video he is direct and extremely confident, in the second he stumbles on just about every word. Somethings up, don't know what but I need people to weigh in on this. There has never been something of this magnitude happen in my city the entire time I've lived here which is 24 years.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I agree with you 100%. This means something. There are very much stumbling with the second explanation. At least they are admitting they don't know what it was exactly.
However there are two people in critical condition and many others were affected by this spill. If these are common everyday chemicals being disposed of in an irresponsible manner then you would think this would happen more often.
Something is definantly being kept on the down low here thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

I just wish this topic could get more coverage here on ATS, I haven't seen a single post recently about any sort of chemical spill in the United states that effected this magnitude of people. The lack of response from the users on the site is sickening. But thanks for taking a look, I'm happy I don't seem paranoid to at least you, my girl friend is beginning to think I'm a scitso lol. I call on any MOD's to help get this so view as well, this could end up being a major problem in other towns and cities soon as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Star, and flag. I agree this is an important topic. I didn't do anything with it because I figured someone else would've, and it would've flown. I guess it sucks no one was interested in it.

I don't have any clue as to what it was, but considering the old manufacturing plants which need to be quietly cleaned up, I'm sure many of the contaminents get thrown where they can cause serious health issues....

Oh, and I like the "nimrods that talk about crop circles"

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Thanks for the post, that thread at least gave me a little bit of time to vent. Seems like this site is being over run by people who want to discuss simple idiotic topics and they totally disregard anything of substance.

Any who the chemical substance still hasn't been identified and apparently today they were saying its going to be labeled as unknown. This is extremely alarming to me because I feel like this may have been a very volatile substance that the local politicians don't want us to know about. Maybe even terrorist, who knows. But this sure stinks to high hell.

Thanks again!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That fire cheif sure does say "uh" alot ..and i mean alot..and he looks really scared..hmmmm

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Hey now, I think I fit the bill of what most people consider "stupid" topics, but they're ones I like.

I don't think they help me when I'm trying to post on other topics, but I don't really care. I think many conspiracies out there have credence, and should be investigated, or the silly ones enjoyed.

As far as the topic at hand??? Who knows. Money makes the world go round; which is controlled by Power Brokers.

I have no doubt that it could have been a terrorist attack, but possibly not 'governed', or approved by the PTB.

Then again atrocities of man, especially rich men, are huge when considering maximizing profit. Profit is the bottom line.

Whatever the meas, or vehicle, profit is the god of Elites.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Exactly is someone trying to hide something???? To me it's obvious and clearly I'm not the only one.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Well said and I can agree that all topics here have their own merit, whether it be scientific, comedic, spiritual, or just down right outrageous. But the volume of topics on the same subject is also getting outrageously sickening. Any how Money does make this world go round, I've just never seen this sort of coverup so close to home... I'll be opening my eyes a heck of alot more to find out what else I can.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

new topics

top topics

join