It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you being programmed to over react and rebel?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

This thread has as its subject, "Are we being programmed to overreact and rebel?" I contend we have proven as a nation, in general, we have been programmed instead to accept defeat of our freedoms.

Quoting a few scriptures out of context resolves nothing. No one attacked you personally by merely pointing out fatalism is a New Age mumbo-jumbo trait. Christ didn't teach fatalism and the “false love” concept of acceptance of whatever evil throws our way. This does not indicate I advocate violence. I don't. But I certainly find fatalism and apathy as a repugnant and non-Christian response to evil forces bent on our destruction.

As for condemning the nation of India, I didn't trash the people...just the bankrupt Hindu religion that has no compassion for the less fortunate. I supported two Indian children in India over a 10 year period to attend a private Christian school. The Hindu idea is, if they're poor it’s because of their bad vibes and they should not be helped...that IS sick!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

well, you kind of DID attack me by calling my beliefs new age mumbo jumbo and saying that if the leaders of the world followed my thought process then we would still be under a British regime, which I disagree with.
So as well and good as the title of this thread is, you were responding to my posts, and I responded back to yours. The quotes I used were entirely in line with our conversation, which yes, does seem to have gone off topic.
I also never said anything about 'false love' or even hinted that Jesus referred preached it either. Turning the other cheek does in no way admit defeat... You are showing your enemy compassion, you are STANDING UP in an even stronger way. This is the ULTIMATE act of defiance. The enemy is trying to weaken you and your saying, no, I let you do this, I have the power.
Anyway, thats how I interpret it. And no matter what names you call Ghandi, he followed the teaching of Jesus as well, quoted those same quotes, and it worked.

But I made a thread quoting pretty much everything I said in here, so if you do disagree with me and want to continue this convo, which I'm more than happy to do, feel free to drop by: Is Fighting Back Really Going To Help?

PS- and you kinda did categorize India and not just Hinduism...

Look at India...no compassion for the less fortunate.
But thats great you put some kids through school, really, it is. I'm sure your responses wernt as thought out as you liked and they came off a little harsher than you intended.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Over react.... well the nation is being passified with chemicals, like prozac... flouride.... riddilen... etc etc...
I doubt we could carry on a inteligent coversation must less rebuild a nation.

and lets not forget how the did the MKULTRA media coverage of the Rodney King thing... they got Central LA to self distruct... they destroyed there own Neighborhoods... lets think before acting... and then act.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Everyone feels the symptoms but can't see the disease. Its only natural we don't want to feel any pain, so let's pump gallons of morphine to bring the fever down.

Most of the people predicting some revolt are just waking up to their condition. Its festered so long now, seeing their illness is to much of a shock. Most of them have yet to do anything besides shout down the pain.

Where's the millions who march and shut down Washington peacefully? Where's the tax revolt? Only a few thousand actually showed at these town hall meetings to shout down our dirt bag politicians.

People who claim an armed revolution is the only way want to end the pain quickly, and refuse to treat the disease properly. Its laziness in its most pure form.

To be cured is a long and tough process, but we'd rather cut the head off and end the pain.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Xtinguish]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join