It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When China prepares its « Great Escape » from the dollar-trap for the end of summer 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
hello
this a very good site called leap 2020 and i invite you to take a look
they have a good analyse of the economic system and most of there
prediction was good

here the last article

www.leap2020.eu...

i think this fall we are going to make the last dance.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Interesting article, I also believe that the supremacy of the dollar is compromised it has been since the birth of the Euro.

That is why you may not find anybody in the UK or EU been positive about moving away from the dollar.

But powers are shifting and the dollar will become the less preferable currency to with international.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
awesome article star for you... sounds inevitable to me and everything you hear is during the fall... how appropriate.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Interesting article, I also believe that the supremacy of the dollar is compromised it has been since the birth of the Euro.

That is why you may not find anybody in the UK or EU been positive about moving away from the dollar.

But powers are shifting and the dollar will become the less preferable currency to with international.

I agree .. Most people don't know this, but the European Union's economy is actually larger than the US Economy ... regardless of what we do to prop up our Dollar, the Euro will always be stronger, they export and consume more than the US does. Then when you consider how many member states of the EU are still considered "developing" ... things don't look good from an American perspective. This could be the re-birth of European Power. (And the conflicts that arise with such a thing?)

China has no reason to continue buying our debts.. if our Consumer base is on the decline, then China either steps into Post Industrial era, or it finds a new customer for their goods.. I think we saw the end of massive cheap credit and rapidly expanding equity through real estate.. in all likelihood our economic growth (unless we see the birth of a new industry) will be very limited from here on out. And it should be noted the industry of choice (Green) does not produce wealth. Unless you consider paying your electric bill wealth-generating .. or buying "green" Toyotas to be generating wealth for America. And besides, Indians and Chinese have a larger cheaper educated base of prospective employees to generate such technologies.

The US has a bleak future..

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well China and the US have a very intertwined relationship right now.

Depends of each other, but China still have an edge, America can not rebuild its industrial base the way it used to be, so America depends on China for goods China depends on the US to sell to buy those goods.

70 percent of our GDP comes from consumption and China and Asian nations has been growing thanks to that consumerism.

While America still have resources the government doesn't seem very interested on them.

China now depends on the US as much as the US depends on China, but a new currency will defenetily benefit them.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
i'm just wondering since this crisis start we have many people making prediction about the fall of the USA, and i have the feeling that we are living in two diffrent world, the internet world where everybody can read many things about that crisis, and the MSN who talk about it but like we are not anymore in a crisis and specialy in europe.

and It's official, the U.S. dollar is the currency of reference on tourist sites in India. Last week, at a press conference, Minister of Tourism of India has confirmed that "given the weakness of that currency, it will no longer be accepted at the sites of state tourism.

End of March, China had caused a sensation by proposing to replace the dollar as international currency, a basket of currencies managed by the IMF. In the short term, but unrealistic in the longer term, it does not require that and no disadvantages, including the United States, did venture to predict that she will never see the day.

But China persist and sign. Discreetly. It has just announced that trade between the five cities (including Shanghai) would be in yuan, yet non-convertible currency. Specifically, the Chinese central bank lending rises cross with its counterparts in other countries to enable local importers to pay in yuan for goods manufactured in China. So exit the dollar, although at the moment, neither the date nor the modalities of this operation and although China has not referred to his proposals before G20. No matter publicly humiliate the American partner. Just put pressure.

Brazil would be interested? From April 3 (the day after the G20 therefore), Lula has revealed that he had proposed the day before President Hu Jintao that trade between the two countries takes place in local currencies rather than in the greenback. These are not empty words: the subject will be on the agenda of his visit to Beijing on May 19

This is certainly not the end of the hegemony of the dollar but, clearly, emerging countries (we know that Russia supports the idea of China) .

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
and It's official, the U.S. dollar is the currency of reference on tourist sites in India. Last week, at a press conference, Minister of Tourism of India has confirmed that "given the weakness of that currency, it will no longer be accepted at the sites of state tourism.

Hi pitchdragon. Your post reminded of actions taken by the Ministry of Tourism back in 2007. In November 07 , the USD/INR was printing new lows down to 39.08. Today , with the USD/INR trading at record highs , and a serious slump in Indian tourism revenues , I'm not sure that refusing $USD would be a wise policy.

Originally posted by pitchdragon
i'm just wondering since this crisis start we have many people making prediction about the fall of the USA, and i have the feeling that we are living in two diffrent world, the internet world where everybody can read many things about that crisis, and the MSN who talk about it but like we are not anymore in a crisis and specialy in europe.

Maybe the most positive news of the past couple days....

CNBC Viewership Down 28%

The Wakening ???

Lets hope so. I enjoy your posts PD.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Thank you for linking this in the other thread!

S and F for you Friend!!

Excellent information and article!!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

yea but Who then will finance the deficit by purchasing U.S. treasuries? The Fed !. It will be necessary to create even more dollars out of nothing, no real wealth, to fund the consequences of American excess.

The faster the printing presses run, it will print more dollars and the dollar will depreciate. In your opinion, why do you think the euro has to go up $ 1.24 to $ 1.40? Investors are just beginning to realize that the dollar loses its value and turns into monkey currency.
but if the dollars fall actualy we all fall with the dollars.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

thank you
you did a great job

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-8-2009 by pitchdragon]

top topics

join