It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three trapped birds in a week - a bad omen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
In the past 7 days I have had three birds trapped inside. The first one, last Sunday, was a sparrow that my cat brought inside (the first animal he's ever brought inside since we got him a year and a half ago.) I managed to scare him away and after a little while, the bird was well enough to fly and flew straight out the door again. (Lucky my cat is pretty gentle with his catches!)

Yesterday, I was in the bathroom and heard scratching coming from beneath the bath. There is panelling surrounding it so there was no way anything could have got in that way, and after pulling the panel away, we found a swift underneath the bath. We have no idea how he got there, the only way is through a small hole where the pipes go. All we can guess is that the people below us had a window open, a hole in the ceiling which the bird flew into and then squeezed through the gap by the pipes. Abit unusual when Swifts can't fly from up the ground, or walk very well, they kinda shuffle along on their chests so it would have been abit of a challenge! In the end my hubby managed to pick him up and get him outside again.

Well, today at work a third bird got in (again, we don't know how, we just saw him flying around.) I work at a Leisure Centre and this has never happened there before. Like the other two, he seems completely uninjured but as we aren't able to get him out we've left him food and water and will get animal rescue out tomorrow to try and catch him.

Now, as I've said, I have never experienced this before, neither at home or work. My Aunty Millie passed away a few years ago and she had abit of a phobia about birds in the house, to the point where if she received a christmas card with a Robin on, she would cut it out and leave it on the shelf birdless.
Could she be trying to send me a message or is this a bad omen?
Or is it all just a bizarre coincidence? I'd appreciate any advice, I'm getting abit concerned!

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I sense the meaning is that you are being sheltered and protected.

In each incident the birds were unharmed. The bird your cat brought in was protected, the other birds sheltered and all unharmed.

You likely have a guardian angel watching over you. You have purpose.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Thank you so much, I didn't even consider it could mean a good thing but the way you have explained it makes perfect sense! Thank you!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JennyJen

Umm.. ok, well there are some things which stand out here in symbolism.. How about if you read up about the animal symbolism of birds, and the meanings of the numbers 7 (in 7 days) and 3 (3 birds)? See if it makes any sence to you about any areas of your life? You don't know it could be all bad luck.. maybe there's just something in your life you should pay more attention to you, maybe it's just a warning... it could even be giving you advise.. ^_^

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The behavious of birds and other animals who live closely to humans is changing. Birds navigational skills are effected by magnets (ie magnetism), and possibly changes is the earths magnetic field could disturb them. There have been a lot of threads on sites such as ATS about the strange behaviour of some animals of late. I noticed the birds singing all noght now here in SE Asia. Another possible magnetism issue.

That said however Centres such as where your work do seem to have a lot of glass, and birds tend to fly into large open areas shrouded in glass as it confuses them.

I always notice birds stuck in places like airports, covered pools etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I was thinking that the first bird was on Sunday but now just realised that that was on Tuesday night so it has only been 5 days. I know that it must mean something, I just can't work out what. John's reply makes sense to me but then I also have my great aunts fearful superstision to go by also. Searching online isn't helping me figure out what kind of omen it could be.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

Perhaps, but we only have small, automated doors at my work and we have been fairly quiet today, so they have been mostly shut the whole day. Also, just the fact that it is the third bird in five days, when I have never experienced this kind of thing before, that sends alarm bells ringing. To be honest, it only occurred to me today that it could mean something, it seems very unusual.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I live in Illinois and this year the birds are everywhere around my house. They are in my gutters and making nests in our flower pots. There has not been a day gone by that I have picked a dead bird out of my yard. I bet I have enough bird feathers in my yard to fill a 5 gallon bucket.

Not to forget that they constantly slam into my windows!

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Tartarspoon]

new topics

top topics

join