It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shame of it - The British people vote in another Tory (Irony)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
With the Tory win in the Norwich North by-election, this board and the media in general seems to be silent with the howls of protest of democracy at work.

Are we going to see this MP and the Tory leader attacked with eggs by those who do not agree with them?

And you have to guess that there are million of people in the UK who do not agree with the policies of the Tories, yet will we see any of these coming together to question the right of the British people to elect a tory

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Conservative voter here down in south England,whats your problem?

Maggy the milk snatcher?Eton toffs?

Labour have messed this country up realy bad.its either the tories or the lib dems who should be given the high office

Why should this MP or the tory leader be attacked with eggs?

AT least the conservative party are an English party,you take away Labours votes from Wales and Scotland and they would never win power In England!

Jeremy Clarkson was spot on with his latest comments about our unlected leader,most of England have been calling him that for years

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

The problem is the conservatives are a different face with the same arse#.Why does no one in the UK vote fourth party and stop this charade of their being any difference between the big three? Oh well,people will learn...eventually.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I agree but who else will get in?I like some green ideas but I wouldnt trust them to run the country,it would be the same with the other parties who have single issues

lol even the Lib Dems aint got a chance of hell

So its always going to be Labour and Conservative,better the devil you know

Our democracy is nothing but an illusion to fool us into thinking we actualy have a say in how our countries are run every few years at election days

having said that,going to be great fun kicking Labour out next year

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

I guess my irony was too subtle...................

The last time we had an election, the BNP got elected and this board and the mass media in the UK got very animated.

Yet, an election that meets the rules and guidance lines laid down by the media just gets a few lines.

How many people in this country are opposed to what the Tories stand for? Millions I guess yet there are no threats issues and leaders pelted with eggs.

Just seems that demacracy in action is OK if the right people get elected.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
The last time we had an election, the BNP got elected and this board and the mass media in the UK got very animated.

That isnt exactly out of the ordinary these things happen when such issues are raised .

Yet, an election that meets the rules and guidance lines laid down by the media just gets a few lines.

Interesting when you consider the amount of media coverage that was given to the recent Mt Albert by election . Mind you Mt Albert is Helen Clark old electorate .

How many people in this country are opposed to what the Tories stand for? Millions I guess yet there are no threats issues and leaders pelted with eggs.

Well beyond the fact that that the Conservative leader is a friend and if I recall correctly a mentor to John Key . Beyond that I can't comment on the Tories . Gee with the restoration of Knighthoods New Zealand must only one step away from rejoining the British Empire not that would be a bad thing .

Just seems that demacracy in action is OK if the right people get elected.

I can see two ways you could look at the situation . The first is that what happened show the dangerous of not having compulsory voting ie having a small segment of the population control who gets elected . The second way of looking at things is that voter turn out at the next UK general election should tell us if people have awoken from there slumber or professional protesters are at work . Voters have the power to sweep the BNP into the political wildness if they choose to excise(SP?) it .

[edit on 3-8-2009 by xpert11]

join