It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ''acted stupidly'' while discussing Harvard arrest

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
News is starting to come out now about Obama's parking tickets, the lawyer behind Gates, the people that influence all three, the Communist activities and organizations, the belief in reparations payments, etc.

This is the beginning of the end I think. This is the one that is going to make history books.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
This is the beginning of the end I think. This is the one that is going to make history books.

We're not going to be that lucky. Already, the Obama Spin Machine is in action, making sure that nothing sticks to "Teflon Barry" and that it's the American Public that misunderstood what he was saying.

Give it a few weeks and Prof Gates will be at the White House having dinner with Barry and fist-bumping about how they got over The Man.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

What is your point with your racist remarks?
Do you think that someone is above the law because of the color of their skin or because of the company they keep? Or maybe both?

etc.

I made my point clearly and concisely. Your response, however, had nothing to do with either question that I asked.

1. I asked if people were reacting badly to this because a black president had an opinion, or whether they thought that no president should have any opinions about anything. The reason I asked this is because it seems to me that people are reacting in a polarized and vigorous fashion to this not very interesting story because it has become a race issue in the media. It has nothing to do with jurisdiction and has everything to do with opinion. Surely you can see the difference between such disparate things. If you cannot understand it then I'm sorry, but I cannot make it any simpler than I have. My question was then courteously answered by the post beneath mine, in which that particular poster's opinion was that no president should have commented on an individual case. And I left it at that. My question was answered and I saw no prejudice in the reply.

2. My second question, and one that no one has yet answered, including you, despite your elongated diatribe, was why the president's opinion on this matter had been translated into stereotypical racist derogatory patterns of speech. Here I will quote it again for you:

Originally posted by THX-1138: He's my friend. He ain't do nothing to nobody. Word. Police done did him wrong! Where's Jesse? Where's Bubbles?!

Now, please explain to me how your eloquent and educated president was translated into this racist caricature, if not by prejudice? You may hide behind your accusations of reverse-racism all you like, but I will have no respect for it. What I quoted above is inexcusable.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
have to side with boys in blue on this one had to put in lav dump valve on an airplane today it was more than just special and smelly pilot comes out and says while on his cellphone i need an update ive loaded the passengers its only 95 degrees a very cool summer day in dallas there was a lot of dead air on his phone he was waiting for my reply to pass it on to someone i had to pause im just a blue collar mech and these guys have all the skills so normally i dont have a problem giving them the respect they deserve but i started twitching a bit uncontrollably on this one i didnt say it but i was thinking you know if you put your lips on this dump valve and sucked real hard maybe i wouldnt have to change it and we wouldnt have to take a delay im thinking that the hard working boys in blue have seen the same thing ive seen today when you see a man kick in the front door of his of own home because he doesnt think the keys will fit the back door either im short to ground tonight

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

I cannot believe that he so unprofessionaly, so unpresidential like, invited them to the whitehouse for a beer. WHAT?

That is just flabbergasting. I like to drink a beer, but I don't want to picture the president kicked back with a budweiser hashing out the very important issues facing his administration!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Look what Gates wrote on his Yale application.... www.wtop.com...

"As always, whitey now sits in judgment of me, preparing to cast my fate. It is your decision either to let me blow with the wind as a nonentity or to encourage the development of self. Allow me to prove myself."

Obama has some great friends doesn't he?
Henry Louis Gates Jr. is a dork. You can't trust anybody with a phone piece stuck in their ear. Have you seen these photos of Gates with his tattler/recorder phone gizmo in his ear always ready to record his conversations and ready to yell for help when whitey talks to his mama.
I see a lot of people of questionable value walking around with these phones stuck in their ear and they always seem to be vulnerable, frightened and withdrawn from reality, even paranoid since they always seem to be minorities of one sort or another.

Maybe Gates has Bawney Fwank on the other end of that phone going for toilet paper or having some delightful conversation in the back of a limo with Barak.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by THX-1138]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

He was arrested for disorderly conduct not burglary, read and get the facts before you post.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne
So, he shouldn't comment or have an opinion on this because he is black?
Or is it just any president who shouldn't have opinions?

The President, regardless of who it is, shouldn't be commenting on any individual arrest. The President has absolutely (in the most definite sense) no jurisdiction over local police matters, especially any given individual incident. It's just an absurd thing to comment about, especially considering that he called the officer's actions "stupid". No other president has ever commented on anything like this incident because it just isn't their business.

And while I believe Obama's comments to be misjudged rather than part of some active conspiracy, they can serve no purpose but to polarize the public.

I'll give it to you though, this issue is being overblown. It should be simple: uncooperative man in a potentially dangerous situation (the cop thought a break in was in progress) is arrested, questioned, and released. He was not abused, his rights were not encroached, and there was a valid reason for the arrest.

The only reason it's an issue, as you said, is because of race, but who's playing that up? The professor obviously, but do you think Obama would have made the same comments had the same thing happened to a white colleague? I think it's possible that he might have, but wouldn't bet on it.

To sum it up, Obama's comments were out of line, uninformed (as he admitted), and down right rude. The only reason that the arrest is an issue anyway is because the professor is playing up his race and downplaying his contributions to his arrest and the mass media is portraying that angle.

So DaisyAnne, even though I know I'm not the one your posts were aimed at, I wanted to show you what I think is a more moderate view of the issue than a lot of the posts on this thread. I agree with a lot of what you say, but the reality of it is that this issue is in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons and people should be upset that the President stepped into it with no reason and in such an undignified way.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by avingard]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
There truly does seem to be a ''break in progress'' of the health legislation as well as race relations.

This whole episode has me wondering.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join