It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey solider your government doesn't care about you PT II!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
www.content.good.is...

When will you guys wake up? You're pawns for a tyrannical and corrupt government!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
www.content.good.is...

When will you guys wake up? You're pawns for a tyrannical and corrupt government!

Have you ever served?

Just askin'

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Looked it up and, nope, not a word about caring:

1: the act or process of governing ; specifically : authoritative direction or control

2obsolete : moral conduct or behavior : discretion

And notice how #2 is obsolete based upon:

Merriam Webster's Definition

You can read the rest of the definitions at the source.

We get government that we deserve and allow. Oh, and yes, I served

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Was just trying to get a handle on where the OP was comming from. If he never served, could he understand WHY someone would serve in the first place? I served. And was proud to do so.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You known that served didn’t do so, so that folks like you can call us pawns. We did it to be there for or county and its people. Without us this county would not be here. Yes there is a probable with the water in some places but if you think we are done fighting That wrong your not informed. This will go on for some time. And by the way most of this was happening in the 70’s before the EPA was looking heard. Not to say that it was right but we get better as we go, and no its not right to cover this up and yes the Gov needs to answerer for it and that day wail come. Give us the Vets and men and woman that fight now some credit were not pawns we know what we are doing and we know the likes of you.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

All of this about whether or not the OP "served" or not? Don't think that was the point but hopefully the OP will have something to say about it. Most of us who "serve" are too young to even understand what we are "serving" anyway. I say relax on him / her a bit and let the answers come. Once again, I "served" and is there a brownie for it? No. Additional or guaranteed freedom? No. A more constitutional government? Umm, well, no.

Governments do not, by their very definition "care" about anyone. How could they, and why would they. A government is an ideological group of people intended to represent the people. An entity of and within itself that cannot "care" any more than any group of people could care about anything.

By comparison only, a group of hunters cares little for the deer they hunt, obviously. Now, they might "care" about the land, the trees, etc., but the individual doe that is shot or her fawns? No way.

So, I would think that it would make sense to "care" about what is important to you and form like minded groups and do something about it.

For me, I choose to care about our military men and women and I will vote accordingly. With enough of us, I foresee us creating a government of individuals that care and then we can get a "caring" government.

The Republic is weird to understand and difficult around the edges. May I suggest that we all participate in making it better?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
At the risk of sounding quite harsh, thought control in the US is so good that people literally can't think for themselves. From birth you're wrapped in the flag, taught (quite erroneously) that the US is "the greatest country in the world" (true for military might, sadly not true for overall standard of living, education, health care, infrastructure - all the things that actually matter)... the American flag fetish is truly sad, and symptomatic of the pervasive propaganda that you don't even see because it's like wallpaper...

OP, you're not going to wake anyone up. Sorry, and good on you for trying, but, I mean, look at this...

Originally posted by Vendric
You known that served didn’t do so, so that folks like you can call us pawns. We did it to be there for or county and its people. Without us this county would not be here.

This is so patently untrue but is clearly an article of faith with the poster.

How about, "without us Indo-china might not have been bombed back to the stone age"?

That's a little more accurate.

How about "without us the US would not now be desperately trying to occupy two countries to protect its access to oil"?

Give us the Vets and men and woman that fight now some credit were not pawns we know what we are doing and we know the likes of you.

Clearly, not, because the OP did serve. But it doesn't matter anyway. I've never been in an army, nor would I ever do so. This is because I know instinctively that war is a racket. Brigadier-General Smedley Butler knew that really well after serving in the Marines for his whole career.

His verdict was that he'd acted as hired muscle for Wall Street and had been an enforcer for them across Central and South America.

He knew what he'd done, rather more clearly than poor old Vendric.

So... the US gives its soldiers contaminated drinking water? Small beer, compared to giving them DU weapons to pollute themselves and their environment; compared to blowing up one of Saddam's chemical weapons repositories (this in Gulf War I) when a massive encampment of US soldiers was directly downwind; compared to sending them out to a hostile environment with inadequate equipment; compared to abandoning vets once they get home, if they get home? Vets comprise, as I understand it, the largest proportion of homeless people.

Not an exhaustive list, bu any means, but you'd think anyone with a brain would have woken up by now.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by rich23]

new topics

top topics

join