It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 1503 - Bill to require copy of presidential candidate's birth certificate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!

You have to check and make sure you are looking under the correct session of congress. Bill numbers sometimes get re-used each session I believe. The bill my OP refers to is still in the location I found it in. If you click the link I supplied it will take you straight to it.

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think it would depend on when in 2012 it was to go into effect, assuming the date doesn't get changed sometimes between now and then. You know how congress likes to change things 100 times from the proposal to the final result.

I hope it passes as well, but not just because of Obama. This should have been a requirement long before now.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

The thing is that it says it was refered to the Committee on House Administration
but on going to Committee on House Administration site tis is what I found.

Search results for: hr1503
No results found.

cha.house.gov...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Perhaps it's your search term that is the problem then. I clicked the "Hearings and Legislation" link at the top of the page and it was number 95 on the list.

H.R. 1503 - Committee on House Administration

I'm really not sure why your search didn't turn up the bill. The only thing I can think of is maybe their search function is picky or doesn't work as well as it could.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I think it would depend on when in 2012 it was to go into effect,

Originally posted by Jenna

(b) Effective Date- The amendment made by subsection (a) shall apply with respect to the election for the office of President held in 2012 and each succeeding election for the office of President.

It would definitely apply to him in the 2012 election. I think that's the idea.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That's what I get for not re-reading it before posting a reply.

I'm a bit slow these days, you'll have to forgive me on that one. Where's a smiley that looks embarrassed when you need one?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

That just proves it happens to the best.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
OF COURSE this bill should pass. What, should the legislators pass bills to cause all other legislation to be ENFORCED? WTH??? Isn't it a given that legislation that is passed becomes effective?

Now. The primary problem I have with this bill is that the information about the candidate's eligibility must be submitted to the campaign committee. That doesn't seem right to me at all. Why should a group that is far from impartial be the governing body? We could well have a repeat of the current situation; I can see it all now:

A: It hasn't been proven that she's a natural-born citizen.

B: You're crazy!! The information was submitted to the Republican comittee, and they vetted it!!!! Get a life!

A: The document they posted on their website has been debunked; why can't we see the real documents?? The Bill that was passed required it to be so.

B: Nutter! Whackamole! Neolib!

A: Fringe Freak! Communist!

I think for this bill to have any teeth whatsoever, the information must be vetted by Congress. ALL of Congress, not just those who decided to show up one day.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Thanks Jenna,
I found it, finally. It does look like it isn't moving though?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Aww. Thanks BH!

There hasn't been any movement on it yet, but that doesn't mean there won't be. It can take a long time for a bill to get all the way through from start to end, not that you can tell with the rate they've been ramming bills through lately but it can happen.

I'm not sure if the CHA updates anything before they send the bill back to be debated and voted on. I've never checked on bills in committee so I don't know if this bill was DOA or if they've discussed it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Now. The primary problem I have with this bill is that the information about the candidate's eligibility must be submitted to the campaign committee. That doesn't seem right to me at all. Why should a group that is far from impartial be the governing body?

The bill would require the campaign committee to submit it along with all the other paper work to the Federal Election Commission. Whether or not they would be impartial though I don't know.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

I know that in order to get my passport I had to send an Origional Birth Certificate with the embossed state seal with the application.

The same replacement "certificate" that I mentioned above, is what I used to get my passport. In fact, it's why I was looking for mine to begin with.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator

Originally posted by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

I know that in order to get my passport I had to send an Origional Birth Certificate with the embossed state seal with the application.

The same replacement "certificate" that I mentioned above, is what I used to get my passport. In fact, it's why I was looking for mine to begin with.

Sorry I forgot the "Copy of" in my post. It is a Long form Copy ( with parents names, Hospital of birth and attending physician etc.) of my Origional Birth Certificate with the state seal which is the Only Birth Certificate they would accept.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I actually would like to check the validity of the BC of both the Bushes, the Clintons and all the other presidents selected since WWII.

Since we really don't have a choice who is put there and they are hand picked from just a few families who know from the get go that a BC is ownership papers for a person...

I would start digging into every candidates past with the same vigor that we have with the current puppet of the united states.

Unless a candidate is Amish, That candidate had better have the same BC as everyone else.

I would love nothing better than to see the house of cards come down. As for the .99%ers - Off with their heads (or their power - Ship them off to one of their private islands with no way off and cut off all communications - see how superior they are.)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join