It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black COC President Harry Alford Takes it to Barbara Boxer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Barbara Boxer tries to turn a discussion into a racial issue. It backfires on her horribly.

Give'em Hell Harry!

Imagine, instead of hearing his arguments, Boxer challenges his concerns by offering opinions from other blacks and black organizations that support her agenda.

You see, Mr. Alford is not a concerned citizen and businessman to Boxer, he is a concerned black man and she has to challenge his opinions with that of other black people. She is so steeped in her identity politics, has so long has she played the class warfare game, she doesn't even realize it when Alford responds to her as if he'd been insulted.

metaphorsbwithu.livejournal.com...

Way to go, Harry!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
That was beautiful and a prime example of class conflict/identity politics tactics blowing up in the face of a leftist.

Pay heed, my friends. The left has become so embolden that they have lost any subtlety that they might have used in the public arena, especially the Congress.

They are so blatant now in their hubris that cavemen can see it playing out before their very eyes.

Good on Mr. Alford.

[edit on 2009/7/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Pay heed, my friends. The left has become so embolden that they have lost any subtlety that they might have used in the public arena, especially the Congress.

You said an earful here, Grady. The gall of some of these politicians is astonishing. It was good to see Mr. Alford call her on that.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I heard about this exchange and went online to view it before I saw this thread.

My first impression was that the senator was being quite condescending to Mr Alford.
I'm impressed that Mr Alford remained civil for the duration, as it's not something I think I could have accomplished.

Imagine if the Chairman/senator was a republican?
Imagine the uproar.
I find myself saying that quite a bit the last couple of months.

FWIW, Ms Boxer seems to also have little regard for the military:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Wow..

I completely understand where he's coming from.

"Well it doesn't really matter what you and your fancy scientist say.. because we got other black people that disagree, thus, you're views are immaterial".

If I were him.. I honestly think I would have walked out. He definitely had every right to be insulted, hell, I was insulted for him. "My husbands a Vet, so that has nothing to do with this conversation" ... neither does him being black?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
He kept himself under control, I can't believe she went down that road with him and didn't even have a clue why he would be outraged. It doesn't matter your experience, background, education, ect.....it's the color of your skin that matters more to her.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by jsobecky

"Well it doesn't really matter what you and your fancy scientist say.. because we got other black people that disagree, thus, you're views are immaterial".

If I were him.. I honestly think I would have walked out. He definitely had every right to be insulted, hell, I was insulted for him. "My husbands a Vet, so that has nothing to do with this conversation" ... neither does him being black?

No kidding. I can't get my head around the reasoning she must have exercised to not realise how blatantly condescending this was. What did she expect? "Well, now that I know other black men disagree with me, I guess I'll withdraw my complaints." It's a funny thing when those who preach political correctness find themselves tangled in the prejudice they've subconsciously developed. She seemed genuinely unaware of what she expressed.

I was also perplexed by the behaviour of others in the room; it seemed as though he was awfully alone in confronting her. A few were even visibly amused by what he said.

Just...ugh.

top topics

join