It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite Sci-fi spacecraft?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ATTENTION ALL SCI-FI FANS! What do you consider to be your favorite Sci-Fi spacecraft?

For me it would be the USS Prometheus from the Star Trek: Voyager episode 'Message in a Bottle':

You just gotta love Multi Vector Assault Mode!

If I'm kickin' it Old School, then it would be the Jupiter 2:

Completely cheesy by todays standards, but when I was a kid, it was the BOMB!
It predates the Original Star Trek by a year, and is still my oldest TV memory!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well, I've always liked this one:

On a serious note, here's a great image blog for all serious sci-fi fans:

www.sci-fi-o-rama.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

ROTFLMAO!!! "Mega Maid!! She's gone from suck to blow!" One of my favorite Mel Brooks films!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If I had my pick it would probably be a fully outfitted general products hull from Larry Niven's Pierson's puppeteers. Indestructible, stasis field, auto doc. That's what I'm talking about. lol

If in a wth mood. The heart of Gold with improbability drive. Although I sometimes feel I'm in a stray improbability field right on this rock and I'm not sure I like it.

So yeah, GP #3 with all the toys please.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The Jem'Hadar battlecruiser is probably one of my favorite looks wise, but I'm partial to the Asgard battleships for sheer awesomeness. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a video with really cheesy music as they vaporized all of the Gould in a different multiverse that had taken over Earth.

Awesome site for sci-fi ship comparisons:

www.merzo.net...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Oo Oo, well my favourite Sci-Fi spacecraft is from the show Red Dwarf,

Its on an episode called 'Back to Reality', and the ship is called, 'Esperanza' which is spanish and means, 'Hope'. Its supposed to beat the despair squid in the episode.

Here's a scene from that episode... the car chase.

[edit on 10/7/2009 by Im a Marty]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
My favorite spacecrafts are actually the Death Star, and Samjase's Beamship (Billy meier ufos are considered Sci Fi now )

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm a big Star Trek fan, and there's some nice ships in the Star Trek universe, but the best sci-fi series ever has to be Babylon 5. So my favourite ship would have to be the white star. A very beautiful, elegant & agile ship. It incorporates the best of Minbari technology and some of the rare and powerful technologies of the Vorlons. Makes for a deadly combination.

Best White Star scenes from B5 - Come & have a go if you think you're hard enough.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Oh, if were going with a B5 ship, it's got to be the ship from the spin-off:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I actually take the interior design (Interior aesthetics/artistic design) a lot into consideration as I believe, they can set the mood inside the ship, which can make or break the atmosphere, eventually, the performance of the crew!

In no particular order:

1. Eddie Murphy ship
2. The ship with improbability drive in the film 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'
3. USS Prometheus from Star Trek Voyager episodes
4. NSEA Protector 2 in the film Galaxy Quest
5. The unidentified Flying Saucer in the Pixar short film 'Lifted'
6. That starship in the animated film Wall-E

Worst ships(in dirt and fear factor):

1. Event Horizon!! They're even worse than the Borg!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yeah I liked Babylon 5 Crusade as well, especially the stories involving the technomages. It's a shame it didn't get a second season. As for the ship Excalibar, it's got an extremely big & powerful particle beam weapon, but takes too long to recharge and it might be able to take a lot of punishment, but it's not as fast or agile as a white star. Both ships share similar technologies, but I still prefer the White Star.

The white star is an extremely powerful ship for its size, carrying firepower rivalling that of the large capital ships. It's most powerful weapon is a sustained-fire, fixed-axis beam weapon. Other weapons include pulse cannons mounted in the ship's wingtips and in the bow. The ship also has stealth capabilities making it harder to target.

Out of Star Trek, the USS Prometheus is an impressive ship, but my favourite is the Defiant. You don't want to get in the way of it's twin-pulse phaser cannons. They don't half pack a punch. Out of all the Star Trek series, DS9 was definitely the best series and also had the best space battles.

www.durfee.net...

[edit on 13-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The evilest spaceship of all time, and I mean that in the best way possible...

Klingon Battlecruiser

Yes, it truely is an awesome ship, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
The evilest spaceship of all time, and I mean that in the best way possible...

Klingon Battlecruiser

Yes, it truely is an awesome ship, isn't it?

It looked like the "Event Horizon"

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

Which fell under the 'worst ships' IMO. You won't make go inside that f*ck*d ship!
That's why I don't like Klingon ships in general... It might change my mind if they're all cleaned up inside.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
My favorite is the 1965 "Lost In Space": Jupiter-2. But I would consider a re-build of the 1955 "This Island Earth": Metaluna saucer... if it were adopted for human civilian use by re-building it's interior with Jupiter-2 and ST:TOS Enterprise components.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
THE STAR SHIP HEART OF GOLD!!!

Let's see a Klingon battle cruiser do that!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Moya, the Leviathan transport vessel from Farscape. Moya was a biomechanoid, sentient ship:

farscape.wikia.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Eclipse Class Super Star Destroyer (from the Star Wars books). Nearly 18km long, a superlaser like the Death Star, gravity projectors to prevent ships entering hyperspace, and enough firepower to take on a fleet!

cue the Imperial March music....

You see one of these over your planet, and it's game over, lol....

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Nubian Royal Starship. Because i like em' shiny.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/765ce1d531a9.jpg[/atsimg]

Millenium Falcon. Because its the fastest ship in the galaxy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/abda1c0072ac.jpg[/atsimg]

EDIT: MOD can you resize my pics please, they dont fit.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Agent-ATS]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I still and always will like the Slave-1. Also, the four warp nacel ship on Star Trek TNG.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Normally I'd have say the Super Star Destroyer or the the Slave-I...

..but this baby rules the spaceways:

The BADYEAR.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join