It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object near the Sun, seems to be heading toward the Sun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadlysponge

Originally posted by downtown436
I am bumping this thread to the top again because I really want to hear from an expert on this, and I want someone to tell me that, "No this is not an undiscovered planetoid that is going to hit the Sun in a few hours.

yea, you've come to the right place for an expert opinion

There are some ringers lurking in the bowels of ATS. If maybe a mikesingh or someone of that caliber comes on here and makes an intelligent post, I am likely to believe them.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Honestly, I really don't know, it could be Mercury, or a bright star in the background. If it starts to zig-zag, or stops and starts shooting out a ray that starts as a cone formed by several blue lines that then converge at a point to form a single bright blue beam heading to the sun, then worry.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Hellion-1957 brown dwarf, couple years early through. Damn, only got 1 grandkid outta my lot and the garden is doing so well this year. I've been ready to go for years.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Hellion-1957 brown dwarf, couple years early through. Damn, only got 1 grandkid outta my lot and the garden is doing so well this year. I've been ready to go for years.

Let me guess, you got kicked out of the N. Korean underground "Ark".

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Been looking at the images at the nasa stereo thing. (in the first post)

It almost seems to me like the object hasn't moved much in the last few hours, unless it's headed straight on....

the thing I found really weird is that two hours of images are missing between 13:07 and 15:07...is that normal? It doesn't happen anywhere else in todays list of images...just odd.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Eh, how do you know it's not a planet? The view from earth isn't the same as it is from the satellite taking these images -- Mercury may not be in the right part of the sky from our point of view, but what about from the satellite's point of view?

This seems like a big to do about nothing -- until somebody can definitively show, without mere conjecture, that this ISN'T a planet.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The Sun is 8 light minutes away. We'd feel the effects temperature wise long long before any debrise hit us (Ice age to the Nth degree). So the Earth would pretty much bee an icecube and all life frozen in time long before its crushed by a piece of molten lava....

I dunno what it is either, no expert my self in astrology, but my guess is it might be Venus, mars would indeed be on the otehr side, unless of course the images are upseide down at which point it may very well be Mars.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

Originally posted by tkwasny

Let me guess, you got kicked out of the N. Korean underground "Ark".

That was an entertaining "letter". I just like to stir up things that others have rumored so we can all torment in DOOM.

But this could be something, 99.99% says it's not (low balled it)

It's an object closer to Earth than the Sun, that will cross the path between the observers perspective and the Sun. Maybe space junk.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
SOHO Venus transit, for comparison of course:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d74d6a47b3a.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Does anyone know where the satellite taking the images is located?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
In the first comment to the author of this thread about July 7th. It is coincidence that someone said a crop circle (in another thread) says there will be a solar storm on that date. Hmmmm

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well this gets interesting.. In the past few minutes the NASA website has gone down. Prior to that new images stopped appearing in the gallery. The last one was at 22:07 UT.. should have been one at 23 then at 37 then at 53 etc..

No new images and site suddenly down..

Coincidence? who knows.

I don't think the object is big enough to cause any problem for us even if it did impact the sun.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Which NASA website went down, supposedly?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Level

If you go to the bottom link in the original post, and then click on the "where is stereo" link about 1/2 way down on the left, it gives you a diagram from the 29th of where the two satellites are. It also shows Earth, Venus, Mercury and the Sun. Since the object only shows in the views from the satellite that trails the earth, the B one, I am thinking we are seeing Mercury about to pass behind the sun.
Should know for sure in a couple days either way.

M

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I dont think even if whatever that object is impacted to sun we would be influenced. The sun is a big ball of fire with a huge gravitational pull, Who knows its probably going to be more fuel for our furnace.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Has anyone tried www.spaceweather.com

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
I dont think even if whatever that object is impacted to sun we would be influenced. The sun is a big ball of fire with a huge gravitational pull, Who knows its probably going to be more fuel for our furnace.
How awesome that would be,... more heat

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well whatever it is it doesn't move much in 12hrs (10.07 - 22.07).

Also the image at 22.07 looks definitely oval shaped.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Just wanted to note this ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Could this be Nemesis or possibly Nibiru or possibly a "ship" of unknown origin?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join