It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being conditioned to leave this planet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here's the thing.
I've noticed a new trend of TV shows PBS Specials, Virtuality and Exodus to name but few... all these shows have the same recurrent theme, humanity has to leave the earth within 100 years!
You can watch Virtuality here but it isn't that great a show

All of these shows are a little fuzzy on the why people have to leave but, propaganda like, push the idea of what a great adventure its going to be! Blazing a trail to the stars and establishing a new human presents on another world...

Okay so maybe this is just the new Hollywood thing hoping to find a following but I get this nagging feeling that there's more to it than mindless entertainment. Maybe what it really is, is social conditioning, getting us used to the prospect of having to leave? Maybe its too soon to say one way or the other but it got me thinking if TPTB are sending us a not so subtle message?

So what do you think?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I see your point but we've been seeing these shows since the 60's with "Lost in Space" and "Star Trek", among others. I think it's less about conditioning and more about the copycat mentality of Hollywood. There are few original ideas in TVland - they just keep recycling the same material, copying each other and try to make a few bucks off of a trend.

For example, when "Survivor" became a hit every other channel had to come up with a reality competition show.

When "American Idol" went supernova, every other channel needed a talent competition. It doesn't mean we're all being prepped to be singing stars - if you get my drift.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I get this nagging feeling that there's more to it than mindless entertainment.

People felt this way about Orson Welles radio broadcast of "War Of The Worlds" back in 1938. Hilarity ensued! And might I add... probably one of the reasons we don't have disclosure today.

People pose these types of Hollywood Agenda scenarios on this board every day and nothing has ever come of their 'nagging feelings'.

IRM :shk:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by I Am Spartacus

But these shows don't have that feel to them... more of the infomercial type... lots of facts, little drama...not made for pure entertainment... I don't know bud... it just feels different.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Personally, I do not need any conditioning for getting off this screwed up prison planet. I would sprint like an Olympian into that spacecraft entrance and probably take out some of the crew like a cannon shell through skittles.

Of course knowing my luck, I would be first in line for the new rectal, and other organ removal procedures.

Still, as Abba once said, “Take a chance on me”

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dissemination

With my luck I'm already to old to take along but I can see in my head my granddaughter looking out the window at the quickly retreating earth and waving bye-bye to me...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Damn you Gene Roddenberry!!

He made me like this! haha

But yeah, in all seriousness - his vision was noble and one of the most overlooked contributions to our society. :S

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
well, sort of on the deep end of things... I have always wondered why the state is the number one protector of life and is also the number one taker of life... wild huh.... it beckons me back to the decisions a farmer makes through out the coarse of the years... which sort of makes me think we are on some kind\sort of Human Farm.... and then we might not be.... but it sure feels like it.... and just about everything a farmer would keep as records well .... well have you ever seen exactly what Uncle Sam knows about you... its all the information a farmer would keep on his property.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

I have always wondered why the state is the number one protector of life and is also the number one taker of life?

Thats an easy one, Or one idea for it anyway.. Would be for the meaning of our Sun.. It gives life.. While at the same time it will take away life..
Which will tie into this thread.. At some point we are going to have to leave Earth if humans make it that far into our timeline.

Sooner or later the Sun will run out of that all life giving energy, and consume our Earth..

We have to be conditioned to get ready to leave earth.. As our energy or souls leave Earth after we die.. We have to go somewhere.. You just can't stay here.. Party is over kinda thing..

But overall while we remain in these bodies.. I sometimes feel trapped on this little rock.. Like somehow I am a prisonor of this planet..
Like if we had our own means.. Would they really just let us leave Earth?
Hell you have to have a passport to leave your own country!!
Let alone the paper work needed to leave Earth all together right now in this time space..

So in ending I feel trapped here.. As if even if I could leave.. Would they really let me?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
well the last mission to hubble they were playing music like its time...
opening theme to Star Trek
and the music from star wars -- bar scene...

new topics

top topics

join