It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Girl, nine, with swine flu has died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A nine-year-old girl with underlying health problems has died after contracting swine flu, it has been announced.

A NHS West Midlands spokeswoman said: "We can sadly confirm that a child died at Birmingham Children's Hospital on Friday evening.

"The child has since tested positive for swine flu but had other serious underlying health conditions."

As news of the death emerged, the Department of Health announced a big jump in the number of patients in England confirmed with swine flu - up 1,604 since Friday, taking the UK total so far to 5,937.

Now whilst this girl did have underlying health problems it does go to show that this is becoming more serious here in the UK.

I live in London and many schools have been periodically closed over the last few months due to pupils being tested positive.

With the total at almost 6,000 cases is this something that the UK should be worried about? Or is it still just a lot of hype?

Either way, it is a shame for the family involved but could this be a step towards forcibly vaccinating children?

Apologies to mods, I tried looking at how to post this in the Swine Flu overview area but saw no "New thread" button

I also did a search for this and did not find it (just in case it has already been posted).

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There's definatly more big stories and panic to come with swine flu.
With the predicted heatwave this summer, I wouldn't like to guess how many people will be affected by this because its still in its infancy as a virus.
Of course they will have to taser me like they're nottingham cops before I take any so-called vaccine.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'll give u guys a tip. Buy some 'Colloidal Silver'. It's supposed to work wonders with viruses. Here's a link describing what it is:

www.nzhealth.net.nz...

and!

www.energiseforlife.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

This is major league scary stuff--the rate at which this virus is spreading is frightening !!
I suspect strongly that it's defo been released deliberately for possible population control .
I don't think everyone on ATS is goin to make it through this, so be lucky people x
I'm not goin to take any vaccine either--that scares me much more than the pig flu !!
I'm gonna start getting supplies together to go underground soon.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Hi uk today and all! I'm new to the site so I apologize for any initial missteps I make
I learned recently of the death of a 9 year old girl here in Canada due to H1N1. We have kids so this hits us hard...can't begin to understand this family's loss!

Sorry, some background info: Now, as a household, we went TV free about a year ago to save money and cut down on stress from continually bad news. We do not receive a local paper either, so I only learned of M. Jackson's passing via a phone conversation with someone!. The reason for "pushing" back from the details of daily life was the following: our oldest child was "diagnosed" with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis two years ago when they were 8 years old. They displayed all the symptoms of the flu except did not throw up or have diarrhea that I can recall. Our child was finally treated for strep virus but a month later they became even more ill and was quite convinced our child was dieing!!! Our child was hospitalized and given a blood transfusion the night they were admitted!!

Cut to the chase here, all the while I've been ignored or politely placated to, I'm continually convinced that something more was at play here...I had to beg the Drs to test our child for Lyme disease and while it came back neg, here in Canada, I'm not convinced it still isn't because our tests basically suck at detecting Lyme disease. So...this whole Swine flu issue has me thinking...IS IT POSSIBLE THAT OUR CHILD CONTACTED A VERSION OF THIS SWINE FLU BACK IN 2007? Could they be tested to see if they have any "markers" to show this?

Anyone's thoughts or knowledge about this is sooo appreciated.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hi there, I'm no doctor but I would say that IF you believe that this is more about population control which I do, it would stand to reason that the ptb would test it out months beforehand.
They would test in Africa first then try it out in small doses in working cities in the west.
I'm sure your desperate to find answers about your kid but honestly if it was swine flu, presumably most of your family would have got some form of it at the same time. Also was the kid Quarantined?
If the answer is no to both these, then its unlikely but as I say I'm no doctor.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Badfuture]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunshine_ca

first of all welcome to ATS - nice to meet ya.
Like badfuture, i'm no doctor but it would'nt suprise me if tests were carried out on small areas prior to the virus being released on the general population.
Maybe the strain was'nt so contagious then which may account for the rest of your family being ok

You've already cut yourself off from the media so the next stage of going to ground may be a good idea to protect your family against what is coming.

join