It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns of 'fire shower' of nuclear attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

North Korea warns of 'fire shower' of nuclear attacks

www.jpost.com

North Korea threatened the US with a 'fire shower' of nuclear attacks Thursday after the latter said it would provide nuclear defense for South Korea. The North said the US's actions justified its possession of atomic weapons.

The salvo in Pyongyang's main Rodong Sinmun newspaper was the North's latest reaction to last week's summit between President Barack Obama and South Korean President Lee Myung-bak. The allies issued a joint statement committing the US to defend the South with nuclear weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk

www.google.com

[edit on 6/27/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
A "fire shower" of nuclear attacks is obviously stretching their capabilities a bit. The last I heard they really don't even have a war head. They have tested missiles, they have tested a nuclear device but the two are not integrated... yet.

Well maybe not yet? It's crazy to think we are on the brink of WW3.

I also heard they threatened Hawaii and we moved some countermeasures there. See the additional news links.

maranatha!

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hahaha @ fire showers. Why did that sound so not-threatening to me?

Talk is cheap, actions speak.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance, but why are you all presuming NK doesn't have an amount of powerful weapons? It seems a bit naive. They are so secretive, so why mock them when they threat if there is a possibility that they do have capabilities for the destruction they talk about?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I dunno. Maybe because they do so much tough-talking it's hard to take their threats seriously?

I know it's daft to underestimate one's enemies, but, enough of this threatening language already!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I think it is time we took Little Kimmie at his word, assume he is going to attack us with nukes, and do the only right thing. Nuke North Korea first! It is self defense. Lets just nuke them and nuke them and nuke them until the whole country is glass and Little Kimmie is just a stain on the remaining piece of standing cinder block.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Excuse my ignorance, but why are you all presuming NK doesn't have an amount of powerful weapons? It seems a bit naive. They are so secretive, so why mock them when they threat if there is a possibility that they do have capabilities for the destruction they talk about?

Well some people on here think because a countrys not listed there Arsenal on the web then they must not have them!

We DONT know what North Korea have weapons wise! As well as America or the UK.

Tsom87

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Then we shall fight in the shade.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Once again, a confident threat from lil Kimmie, I can't help but think that he has some kind of Ace in the Hole. Maybe another country with nuclear capablilities is telling him they will back him up, maybe he has managed or another country he is aware of has managed to secure nukes within the US itself. There must be a reason for his confident threats though. I hate that this game keeps getting played, it reminds me of two children ( he almost touched me, make him stop or I WILL touch him!) and we all know eventually that a child will touch the other one, resulting in a fight.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db5ff0b5d72f.jpg[/atsimg]
Well that's just it. The US and everybody else in the region should take Kimmy very seriously. If they are that delusional to make threats against the US then they might actually be delusional enough to try it. Millions would die, mostly North Koreans!

It's Not like he would care though.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

What if he's managed to simply buy some nuclear missiles? There are rumors that some of the Soviet Union's nuclear weapons went missing when they collapsed. What if Kimmy's managed to get his hands on a few of those? He wouldn't need to test them.

Perhaps the tests we're seeing now are merely their attempts to develop the capability to expand their arsenal independently, rather than to simply start their own nuclear weapons program.

Now that's all just speculation on my part, and not something I actually believe.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I just think he is making an awful lot of strong threats, I mean threatening to wipe the US off the map is as radical a threat as you can get, he must have knowledge of weapons or have the weapons to do something big, or he could be another Sadam just running on empty, but I don't think so, I think he has something up his ugly green sleeve.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
God damnit

God.. Dammit., why cant they #ing leave us alone? And im not talking about god damn north korea, I see through this little #, I see straight through it all. It's fear mongering and thats all it is, to keep us in a state of fear, like no other, bringing us back to the hell of the 50s and worrying about being nuked every day of our waking lives, always in fear of programmed inevitable

the government is so cruel, so cruel to it's citizens it makes me just skip a heartbeat every time i see something so obviously orchestrated, so obviously planned, so obviously programmed to keep us in a weakened position where we will do anything for the us government to keep us safe

What a world we live in.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I think he knows that Americans are afraid of nuclear weapons, and he knows that we know he has them. My belief is that he's just trying to play off our fears to keep us from supporting an attack on his country. I know that's not a great strategy... But the statements they make and the strategies they use don't really exude intelligence in my opinion.

I think he's fear mongering, and that for the time being his nuclear threat is a bluff. He's had the power for decades to wipe Seoul off the map, and he's never done it. He just threatens to constantly, because he knows everyone is afraid of that and if nobody were afraid he would lose his leverage.

But that's just what my instinct tells me, and I don't expect my instinct to convince anyone but myself.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I think Kim is shocked that the US hasn't written him a check for millions and sent him shiploads of oil, and nuclear technology as well!

I mean that was our MO during the Clinton/Bush era.

www.slate.com...

President George W. Bush finally got a nuclear deal with North Korea because he finally started negotiating like Bill Clinton.

In exchange, the United States, China, Russia, and South Korea will give them 50,000 tons of heavy fuel oil or a comparable amount of food and other aid.

The North Koreans will also provide a list of all their nuclear programs and stockpiles, and they will open all nuclear facilities to international inspectors. At that point, the four other powers will provide another 950,000 tons of heavy fuel oil, worth about $400 million.

Kim is thinking what do I have to do to get another handout!

Obama is blazing new ground on this one by not talking with NK. Crazy to me since he campaigned on talking to everyone.

What is his plan? I hope he has a good one. We need to break from the Clinton/Bush appeasement.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Fire showers sound a whole lot better to me than mushroom cloud. With a fire shower I lose few eyebrows, with a mushroom cloud I'm bald and I glow. Bald just doesn't look good on me.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Don't forget this guy Kim is NUTS. Hes got possible 1 bomb, and the US has THOSANDS. One more petty dictator trying to supplment his own Ego at the cost of his own citizens. I say give him no air time, without it he simply becomes one more crazy shouting in a room no one hears. Or a waste of skin.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
What can be more dangerous than a delusional two-bit dictator with nuclear weapons?I think soon kimmys going to get a precision guided bomb thru his bedroom window with a US return address on it.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Why are American people so willing to believe their MSM when clearly it is nothing but a pack of lies?

NK has been sanctioned to the point of starvation - but they are still resisting the Bilderscum.

They are doing a lot better than the average American who is doing nothing while the same people are removing your wealth, your rights, your guns and preparing to starve YOU all to death.

NK is trying to defend itself from the most aggressive and viscous military regime to ever exist - the USA.

Get it into your heads - its the US who are the evil bastards - unless Americans realize this - and kick their government out, they are going to suffer considerably at their hands.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Sorry but I strongly disagree. There's a conspiracy by the military/industrial complex, CFR/ illumnati but that's not America per se. We send billions in AID to feed poor countries. We rebuilt Japan and Europe after WW2. We rebuilt Iraq. We have missionaries and peace corp volunteers in Africa and Haiti.

North Korea is on par with Stalin's Russia in intentionally killing its own citizens, we have no idea how high the actual death toll is. The North Korean regime is starving people to death right now in death camps for political reasons. They have enforced atheism and severely persecute and kill people for religious belief an political ideology.

new topics

top topics

join