It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telephone Ring, Knew it already?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
So I've placed this here mods, I think it is fitting, if not please change, but read the thing before jumping

We've all encountered "phenomenons" such as knowing someone was going to call only seconds before they called, or thinking of a song ( buckcherry crazy) before the song came on the radio seconds before hand.

We have all jumped to the conclusion that we are either A) Unknowingly Psychic or B) Radio Waves effect us

I'm wondering, and hoping I get one post clearly stating, why this phenomenon happens!

I'm wondering if there's a specific thing why we encounter this, or if we just think we knew it happened before hand but really didn't? Like a fake deja vu.

Savvy?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
So I've placed this here mods, I think it is fitting, if not please change, but read the thing before jumping

We've all encountered "phenomenons" such as knowing someone was going to call only seconds before they called, or thinking of a song ( buckcherry crazy) before the song came on the radio seconds before hand.

We have all jumped to the conclusion that we are either A) Unknowingly Psychic or B) Radio Waves effect us

I'm wondering, and hoping I get one post clearly stating, why this phenomenon happens!

I'm wondering if there's a specific thing why we encounter this, or if we just think we knew it happened before hand but really didn't? Like a fake deja vu.

Savvy?

Radio plays the same songs over and over and over. So that is most likely a coincidence.

My wife thinks she's psychic because someone(always her family) she had been thinking about calls her. Problem is, only her family calls her everyday.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Quantum non-locality operating within the framework of a monistic idealism framework (consciousness is primary as the ground of being), only problem being, this must be rejected by the atheist for fear of the implications for a type of God-consciousness within which everything is emersed, transcendant of time and space, as well as matter, and the end of a purely materialist worldview. I also think that the more you grapple with it, as a real possibility, the more these kinds of things will happen, and the evidence will begin to accumulate that what you assumed was right, is woefully inadequate to explain such phenomenon, and that you must become at least willing to consider a new possibility and a new outlook. And of course these things often happen for a reason, to get our attention..

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Not for a reason, I highly doubt me knowing the phone was going to ring moments before is reason.

Although, I do accept string theory, and we are all accumulated atoms, in pretty much one gigantic machine, genereating more atoms.

So frequency would be limitedly appropriate, putting 'god' into it i'd say is exageratting a natural phenomenon. And a bit of guessing. No offense to your religious views.

There has to be a 'reasonable' explanation to it, you think?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Beat me to it Rep...I was gonna say, an atheist doesn't have to have that problem because of a "god scenario". We all vibrate on the same quantum level, why wouldn't we pick up on it now and again...

God has nothing to do with it.

P.S. Not getting all religious debaty...just sayin

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

That's what i'm saying, I know science is lacking, really because of the school system anti teach anything of importance!

We don't know how frequencies work, how they effect the mind, I've heard that those who live very close to power lines are more likely to be homocidal. When I was a kid I heard that.

So it's strange and a book also mentioned, that the chances are high, you have shakespeares atoms in your body right now! So I don't doubt we are all connected in someway, you peed in a pool once, and it hit me, (im upset about that too!) so we are all connected.

It's just the phenomenon explanation would help to stop the spread of people thinking their psychic.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Used to be handy for me as I'd say to my ex "so and sos going to ring/visit to borrow money" (for booze, drugs or gambling- there are always tells when it's not for food or rent). It wasn't spooky really.. just very handy as we could either let the phone ring out or prepare and turn off the lights so we could pretend we weren't home.

These days I'll just get a feeling I've got an email from someone specific and It'll be at 3 in the morning when I'm trying to sleep which is really annoying as I'm impatient and I'll wonder what it says so will have to get out of bed.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by riley]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
im just gonna go ahead and say confirmation bias

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yeah, you have to take into account the numbers of times you do that and you are wrong. If you only focus on the times you are right, then you are getting a biased view.

It's definitely a weird feeling when it happens. I've had it happen with the radio alot, and on completely random songs, not just the top 40 played over and over. I'll be thinking of a song, and then it comes on.

But when I look at the number of times I thought of a song and it didn't come on, or the number of times the phone would ring and I would think it was someone and it wasn't, then I have to discount it.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
There was a time where I had this one dream in the morning years ago. It involved my mum being in a car. She was calling out my name.

I approached the car, and as soon as I opened the door I woke up from the dream and the phone started to ring.

When I picked it up it was her.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Oddly enough, as I was just scrolling down the page this is on, I was thinking about my mother and wondering what time she get's off work. At the exact moment that I read the subject line of this thread, the phone rang and it was my mother calling to say she was working late.

hmm.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I disagree, yes there are some things the radio stations re-circulate daily, no doubt at all about that, but if you listen to a certain station long enough you know what those are and if a song you're thinking of plays, out of the blue out of rotation, then what it would be would be like a 1 in a million chance.
OK so here's my story, this happened just over the Thanksgiving break to me, I was singing this song "she hates me" By puddle of mudd which I may add I had been stuck on for days before my radio station, one that hasn't played the song in like over 6 months at least, and the third day I heard it on that station!!!! No request either, just played it out of the blue...I was floored!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Like a fake deja vu.

Interesting thread, yes I think that radio stations tend to play tracks in some kind of subliminal order sometimes.
Songs that compliment each other like a good dinner. On more than one occasion I have guessed the wine before it was served. Notice the same thing here on ATS as well. Groups of posters responding in a similar way that must share the same astral.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I remember discussing this one night with a woman who used to frequent my work when I worked nights. I don't remember exactly how it came up, but I was on night shift and you get into all kinds of crazy conversations with all kinds of people at that hour of the night.

In this conversation she was referring specifically to that thing where you think about someone and then they call, or you see them a few minutes later. She said that it's a different form of communication that we haven't completely developed and most aren't aware that we possess, but eventually it'll be considered the norm. Not really sure if I buy into it 100%, but I definitely try and keep an open mind and it's another interesting thing to consider. I wouldn't say it's impossible though.

top topics

join