It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reminder : ATS Is A Family Friendly Site

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
DEFFINATLY not a mod here, but this is my short take: It is the rules, it is not hard not to cuss.Release your anger in a productive way, by pounding your opponent, whoever it may be to the ground by exploiting their shear ignorance if that is the case. Control your feelings, be a real man or women and stop complaining about it. The rules are here for good reason, it maintains a professional board. Again my .000001 cents.

[edit on 6/25/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
Sometimes using curse words is a good way to express your anger, and staying formal loses its impact pretty quick. Its being formal and politicly correct that turned us into slaves.

anyway sorry for the rant.

I think that is more a failure of the author posting to adequately relay their intended meaning with civility, than the use of expletives being a good way to express themselves.

If you had a 12 year old, would you let her swear in your presence if she was upset at something?

Most parents wouldn't. Most don't.

Is it acceptable for a child to swear at a teacher if they get bad grades? No, and you can bet they'd get detention or some sort of punishment (I know I did). How about if the teacher were to swear at the class if they were noisy. I know I'd certainly take exception to it.

So, the idea I believe is to keep the discussion civil by having rules that we've all AGREED to when signing up, and not have a filter in place to take care of our slackness.

If you want to swear like a sailor, there are - as has been mentioned - plenty of slack moraled websites out there; the internet is a gigantic slew of filth, plenty for you to let rip in.

ATS at least IMO has always been well looked after by the volunteer staff, and I for one treat it, as best I can, with the respect it deserves and strives to encourage.

That is one reason why I really get disheartened when people come along, spout any old mindless fables as fact, and lower the caliber of discussions here.

But thats a different topic... and one we're all aware of.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Thanks.

I’m over 18 but I have to say - I get so tired of the filth talk.

It’s just so ignorant.

When someone spouts something foul it’s just a huge indicator they’ve not got more than a couple a IQ points running at the time of they utter the *snip*.

Use your heads people - be original - who needs to hear just the same old trash day in and day out.

Now this guy did it in style! And still got his point across without a four letter salute.

peace

[edit on 25-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree with you here, but that sort of behavior is directly linked to the media and entertainment industry. Subject a ten year old over a ten year period to that sort of influence and you have successfully raised a member of society who can at any point become at best schizophrenic at worst a murderer. We all carry both symptoms its just others are unable to suppress that emotion.

It's being courteous to people that is slowly becoming a non acceptable part of society or an indication of weakness and submission. Multiply that with the notion that your anonymous behind some internet and you have the dynamics of a society at its core.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join