It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media's Conspiracy to make us Evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Before anything else, I would like to make it clear, this isn't a discussion about the concept of good vs evil and if evil is actually evil. If you like to do so, feel free to open a new thread(but I think there's a ton of topics about those already).

First, I will have to define evil as generally accepted as being:
-Lawfully unacceptable or violates laws.
-Violates an individual's and/or animal's rights
-Upsets the balance of nature - disregard to the environment
-Disrespect to one another or another group or culture(not limited to race, may include religion, belief, ideas, etc)
-Selfish thinking - way of thinking that disregards future consequences to other living things and the environment - self first before others.
-Addiction.
-Careless lifestyle that can lead to emotional hurts to oneself and others
-Unforgiving/vengeful
-A very narrow perspective of life - also related to selfish thinking.
-Intentional hurt of others, whether physically or emotionally, no matter how innocent it looks or if perpetrated by a good-looking person!
-Anything that isn't good.

Read the news, popular magazines, watch TV, Watch movies. You'll realize the media is actually exaggerating such^^^ things more than what is actually happening!! Doesn't matter if it happened or not. People might think it's real or true!!

What might you think that the media is only 'reacting' and 'replaying' what people are doing for this age or the age that has preceded, it's not!! It's actually trying to inject more and evil ideas that people doesn't normally do, and media promoting that it's good or cool!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I wouldn't necessarily say that the media is attempting to make us evil although its a theory I have thought about before and posted about.

Many of the things you describe in that list are happening and in some case's are under-reported.

The problem is that bad news sells, for some reason people will read/listen/watch negative stories rather than positive ones. I'm not saying this is the case with everyone, but certainly I believe some people would rather hear bad news.

Maybe its just natural morbid curiosity...

Anyways moving on, I think the problem is there needs to be more of a balance between reporting good news & bad news although some stations/newspapers do get the it right.

join