It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change is happening 'here, now': US report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Climate change is happening 'here, now': US report

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The harmful effects of global warming are being felt "here and now and in your backyard," a groundbreaking US government report on climate change has warned.

"Climate change is happening now, it is not something that will happen decades or centuries in the future," Jerry Melillo of the Marine Biological Laboratory in Massachusetts, one of the lead authors of the report, told AFP.

Climate change, which the report blames largely on human-induced emissions of heat-trapping gases, "is under way in the United States and projected to grow," said the report by the US
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It would seem Science has fallen on hard times.

Cause and effect is apparently a thing of the past.

Apparently COMMON SENSE was a casualty along the way also!

On my... Weather extremes... NOT!!!

If folks can get past this inane tendency to panic (is it some inborne need to panic? I panic... Therefore I am!) and maybe actually get informed on exactly how wild weather has historically been...

They might actually realize this 'story' is the worst type of case of bad 'science'.

The facts are being forced to fit the 'theory' ('climate change'/'global warming').

For anyone actually paying attention, the world is in a COOLING CYCLE!

The ice packs are melting... Because it's too cold!

Velikovsky detailed this entire process MORE THAN 50 years ago.

Ice Ages are NOT caused by fluctuations in the Earth's carbon dioxide levels... and certainly NOT by humans.

People get a clue.

An honest observer would probably realize this is the preamble for the tax nonsense that is coming...

Any questions?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
We're amplifying it at most, but the fact is the sun is our most powerful source of heat, and it's what's responsible for this.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ive been saying this along time now, 'it has started' .Just pay some attention to the sky.

Some say this will be the summer of hell, some say ...

I heard that WebBot guy talking at The Veritas show, and he sayd that no one will pay any attention to december 21 2012, By march 2012 people are far to bussi coping with the floodings and all that global stuff..

He calles it 'the big squize' .. It is the belt that squize the solar system and all the planets in it, and the years after 2012, the pressure is going to let up. Disaster on the way IN to the belt, and Out of the belt...He say atleast.

The WebBot guy ..

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The UN's been on the campaign trail recently as well:

UN warns of pending climate change 'megadisaster'

SOME of the world's biggest cities are at growing risk of "megadisasters", the UN's humanitarian chief said today, warning that climate change was behind a rising number of natural catastrophes.

"We are going to see more disasters and more intense disasters as a result of climate change," said UN Under Secretary General for Humanitarian Affairs John Holmes.

So now we not only have to hear about what's over the horizon and how bad it will be, things are now expected to be Mega-Bad.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I do not know. This year has been extremely mild where I am.

Does this report include any evidence at all? Or is this just opinions dressed up as pseudo facts ?

Im guessing this is just part of the plot to rush carbon credits/taxation.

Sigh...I guess I will have to invest in some carbon credits since there is no stopping this scam. They are cheap right now. The price will go up.

How can Climate Change be "here now" if things are the same as usual?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Where was all this global warming nonsense before the early 2000's???

Just a question...seeing as how there was no mention (not even comparable to the way its distributed now)....

Also seems very convenient how this global warming nonsense has turned into a profitable business....new cars, higher electricity rates, new standards....the list goes on....

But hey what do I know...I'm just someone with a brain.

The "global warming" that is taking place right now is nothing out of the ordinary...Summer is hot...Winter is cold...a few ice caps melt and Gore wets himself.

We already got rid of CFC's in the 80s...that was enough.

Global Warming....aka...Getting Wealthy

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

They need to keep the secret, what better way to tell the people that ' this is your fault' rather than chaos is coming do to planetary changes.
Panic , sun and earth are together in this.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces

Hey......you take that back!! It's real I tell you!!

It was a balmy and scorching 69 degrees here today...a real furnace for a mid June afternoon

[edit on 6/17/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sorry guys... the Sun ain't what's causing 'global warming'.

** cough ** Did I mention what we are experiencing is actually a COOLING trend?

The shallow thinkers that are pushing this POLITICAL agenda have practically no understanding of how the environment actually functions.

The Ice Age(s) was(/were) caused by HUGE THERMAL events (such as the planet flipping its axes
), which caused catastrophic restretching/realignment of the planet, which led to extreme vulcanism.

Countless tons of water in the air, which totally saturated the planets atmosphere, wound up at the THEN poles, where they precipitated into ice pack.

Dust from the volcanoes accelerated the ice pack growth.

Tada... Ice Age!

The ice at the poles (,etc) are melting from the same process that keeps your freezer frostless.

Go look in your freezer.

And YES, this story is OPINION all dressed up as pseudoscience... Not to mention a good healthy doze of the Sky is Falling! antics.

But fortunately by paying taxes we can fix all this... right?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What you will see is one or two years going hot, the next going cold from one extrieme to another like a pendilum. As the planets weather changes more, it will get worse and worse. There are to many conflicting proccesses at work, so the weather will whack out and do both hot and cold until it either slides one way or the other getting more and more unstable, its not so much that you see changes in temperature, at least not at first, but the changes in the weather patterns itself that are first noticable.

There is no doubt that our planet is changing, whether its man made or natural or both does not matter, what matters now is that its changing. I believe that if it was caused by man, then we have already tipped the scales, and the planet will do what its got to do in order to bring a ballance back to itself. That ballance might not be the climate we are used to.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by golemina

ONOZ! The climate is changing! I am human therefore I do not like change and I must panic and blame it on someone!!!!

C'mon. It's nature. Nothing we can do about it.

Mankind's Ego has become so inflated it thinks we are the cause and effect of everything.

Do we really put ourselves with Mother Nature and God?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is COMPLETE and total disinformation!

Where I live, we have gone through the worst of a drought and high temperatures for the past 7 years.....Until last year. Last year came back the rain and comfortable temps. This year is the same. It's called cycles people!

IF and I mean a BIG IF the weather is changing, it is happening on a solar system level. We are NOT the cause of it!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Climate change is happening. And the pollution, deforestation, etc, isn't helping. It's CHANGING the CLIMATE.

Right. That's what climate change means. Changing the environment. The climate. Which we live in.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Climate CHange is and has been proven by astrophysics and astrologers alike that global warming is not on just Earth alone. It is happening through out the entire galaxy, or universe. its just the universe expanding. a cyclic occurrence. this happens in cycles. the earth has had many climate changes over the millions of years its been in existence. There's been Ice ages, There have been many floods, Land shifts caused by tuetonic earth crust plates. this is evolution and thats all it is. The government would have you believe this our fault and now we must pay th eprice to fix it by paying carbon taxes according to the carbon foot print we create as a household. i mean come one this is a sure fire scam.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have lived in the same area pretty much all of my life, in the last 10 yrs the weather here has swung from one extreme to the other, we now see multiple tornado's, some days they are dropping all day and all night, last year we were in a severe drought, for the first time we saw our rivers almost at a one foot level, now this year, we have so much rain that our yard trees are developing fungus on them,standing water causing bug issues in the neighborhoods, it is very humid and very hot. I think that we have seen many changes here, and the weather is more and more dangerous. Pink lightning, cloud to ground lightning, these are not things that are typical for this area, and it happens often now. It will be sunny and lightning just pops out of nowhere. Anyway, I can't say what is causing all this, but something is definately changing with the weather in this area that does not fit the history of the weather here for the last 35 or so years.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PINDARFOX12

Climate CHange is and has been proven by astrophysics and astrologers alike that global warming is not on just Earth alone. It is happening through out the entire galaxy, or universe.

I think you meant 'astronomers'?

Entire galaxy?

Dude, we haven't even been to another planet!

And besides pretty much EVERYTHING Nasa tells you is total BS.

its just the universe expanding...

The reality is we can't come close to even validating anything as sweeping as this remark.

a cyclic occurrence. this happens in cycles. the earth has had many climate changes over the millions of years its been in existence. There's been Ice ages, There have been many floods, Land shifts caused by tuetonic earth crust plates.

Cyclical? For sure.

If you go back and carefully read the Bible, you'll understand that it hit the fan in Biblical times.

this is evolution and thats all it is.

'Evolution'... that would be total BS.

The government would have you believe this our fault and now we must pay th eprice to fix it by paying carbon taxes according to the carbon foot print we create as a household. i mean come one this is a sure fire scam.

Amen brother.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I gotta agree with thee OP. South Africans do talk about our strange weather daily and we see the change & we are recognizing it. It is getting colder not hotter.

South Africa's weather pattern has changed over the last few years & so these last couple of weeks have been dreadful. It is Winter but Winters here do not bring rain and these dark clouds days on end. Usually it gets chilly in mid July but we have had horrible weather since the start of Winter. I have been looking at the cold fronts moving in towards us and they are coming from the upper West Coast where it usually comes from the Southern tip via Cape Town. We never get such rain in Winter, definitely not for days on end like we are experiencing right now & being overcast weeks on end over this period is just sad. I miss our Winter sun, our clear and crisp Winter days.

I still don't blame us humans for all this as i believe there is a stronger natural force lying behind this. I guess it is easier to put all blame on humans than to blame something we do not truly understand.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by qonone]

new topics

top topics

join