It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Tennessee UFO Sighting! Did You See It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I wanted to post this sooner, but I haven't had the time until now.

I have had sightings in the past, but it has been a few years since I have had one of this magnitude, imo.

Here's what happened:

I was hanging out with one of my workers and his wife. We had just returned to his home from the Dollar General, after buying some tiki-torches to get rid of the mosquitoes that seem to be infesting our area this year, because of all the recent rains.

We had placed the torches in the backyard and cooked some food on the grill. After hanging out for a few hours we started plotted a plan to add on to his back porch.

At about 11:00p our attention was drawn to a mountain range in East Tennessee, called the Chilhowee Mountains, where a prominent mountain peak and point of reference is - called, Bluff Mountain.

We saw a low-flying helicopter that was heading from left-to-right worn the mountain range. A helicopter here is not that uncommon, but what is is the fact that the copter had one of the brightest spotlights on I have ever seen.

We watched as the copter changed directions and began to fly toward Knoxville, from Sevier County. At this point it was coming nearly directly at us. We could see the spot light on the copter moving from right to left across the landscape, as if they weren't tracking anything, but more like they were searching for something.

We immediately assumed that it was a police copter or a life flight copter looking for a landing place. The copter continued to travel in the direction of Knoxville-Oak Ridge area or Northwest travel path.

After about 10 minutes of watching this the copter was out of sight and we thought nothing more about it, until...

My buddy, who doesn't believe in UFOs, was facing me and the direction the copter left in. My line of sight picked up a bright light in the sky, just above his left shoulder. I said, "Hey, look, another helicopter".

He turned and we began to watch the object. We noted that the light was extremely bright, but wasn't like the other in that it wasn't projecting like a spotlight and it wasn't tracking anything.

It was traveling very low and slow and there was no sound. This was a very odd occurrence, since the copter seen earlier appeared to be further away, but was heard easily.

We continued to watch the light. At one point the light, only a few miles away at this time, stopped completely for about 45 seconds.

The light began to move again, this time it was traveling east - previously it had been traveling southwest. We watched and the light began to fade very, very slowly. As it got dim it changed colors, at one point appearing to be a rose color.

We could tell it wasn't simply a light being turned off and dimming slowly, even though spotlights do this it was dimming incredibly slow. You would think that when the light dimmed enough you would be able to see the flight lights, but there were none. When the bright light dimmed this low it eventually vanished.

About 15 seconds later we saw the bright light instantly re-appear, approx. 10 miles further away or about 4 in. if measured with your fingers and looking at the sky.

It appeared to travel at the same slow speed. Then, suddenly, the light became extremely intense, dimmed slightly for a moment, and then shot off incredibly fast in an easterly direction.

It was so fast that we lost sight of it in only about 6 seconds. The light was so intense that we could see a slight tracer, left when it sped off.

We have no idea what it could be. We didn't have binoculars to get a close view and my phone is a pre-paid phone with no camera. My buddy had a disposable camera, but it was used up.

Did anyone else in this area see this? I hope there are some people who got some film of this event, it was absolutely incredible.

After thinking about the events as they unfolded I am beginning to think it may have been some sort of government test flight, because the way the copter was out in the area before hand and then the appearance of this incredible object.

What do you all think it could have been?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well from what you posted sounds like it could have been a gov. project. I believe you saw something very interesting as i have seen many interesting things in the night sky myself but, without pics or a vid it isn't gonna go very far on ATS.

PEACE!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Oh, I know it won't go far at all. I am more interested to hear if anyone else may have seen it or if others have had a similiar sighting and may be able to identify what it was from the description.

Thanks for your reply.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by esteay812]

new topics

join