It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Origins Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The source... www.sciencedaily.com...

'Using computational methods, developed over the last ten years at Oxford, we were able to reconstruct the origins and timescale of this new pandemic,' said Dr Oliver Pybus of Oxford University's Department of Zoology, an author of the paper. 'Our results show that this strain has been circulating among pigs, possibly among multiple continents, for many years prior to its transmission to humans.'

So basically they are saying it isn't an "engineered" virus... but one that has been freely circulating and building in strength on it's own.

Aren't there regulations for testing for said diseases on a regular basis? Or is this just another example of things being overlooked for the almighty dollar?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The study is rubbish.

'Using computational methods, developed over the last ten years at Oxford, we were able to reconstruct the origins and timescale of this new pandemic,' said Dr Oliver Pybus of Oxford University's Department of Zoology, an author of the paper. 'Our results show that this strain has been circulating among pigs, possibly among multiple continents, for many years prior to its transmission to humans.'

Dr Pybus, along with Andrew Rambaut from the University of Edinburgh and colleagues, used evolutionary analysis to estimate the timescale of the origins and the early development of the epidemic. They believe that it was derived from several viruses circulating in swine, and that the initial transmission to humans occurred several months before recognition of the outbreak.

www.sciencedaily.com...

They have taken it as a given that the virus has evolved naturally, and then worked out how it could have evolved.

And now we'll have people using this study to prove the virus evolved naturally. The same thing was done with aids in Africa; the same type of evolutionary computer simulation, presuming it was a naturally evolved disease, was done to find out how it most likely evolved, and was then used to prove it evolved naturally.

NIST learned from the same book.
They based their assessments on the "fact" that the towers had fallen down naturally after being hit by Boeings piloted by Islamic martyrs, and simply looked for evidence to support that view.
Now people refer to that report to prove the very notion it took for granted and never once questioned.

GIGO (Garbage in --> garbage out.)

Don't forget the only animals this virus has been found in are the Canadian ones who caught it from their farmer after he came back from Mexico and then got overly friendly with them.

[edit on 14/6/09 by Kailassa]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Over the last ten years?
Were talking about this one not the 70s right?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Thats exactly the background of the spanish flu and h1n1 is the spanish flu. This article shows absolutely nothing we didnt already know. This virus was dug up and released.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i think, but if true ,the peoples who made this disease for population control in other countries, this is what i have to say. if i get this disease, im comming over to your house fully infected. maybe ill be the pizza man who sneazes in your pizza. or maybe ill be a salesman for some sort of product to sell. maybe i spit on your door handle, or maybe i just go postal. me, i preferre torcher for revenge. now hopefully this is an accident that can be fixed and we all can live in peace and harmony. i hope we can cure this. this does not sound good at all. mankind needs to stop things like this as quickly as it came. peace be with you brother.

new topics

top topics

join