It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu To Be Declared Global Pandemic *UPDATE* Level 6 Official

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yes staying aware is indeed important, and balancing the facts from speculation..

Ways of doing so stay on top of breaking news online via creditable websites. BBC news is good. Try to stay away from paranoia speculations, try to stay on the stories of facts.

Also try not to take your fears and stresses out on others.

I will be watching this thread to stay informed..

S&F

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm not sure about you guys, but when they come up to me to give me a forced vaccine, I will fight till I can't no more. Not joking, I know that that vaccine will just make it worse, if not kill me.

Don't get me wrong im not some guy who thinks that every vaccine is something that someone is trying to "get me" with, or anything bad. But this one, seeing how the last time they made a vaccine for this killed ONLY PEOPLE WHO GOT IT, and everyone else was fine.

I hope you guys resist as well, let me know I got atleast some backup

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Lets see..

1 month after the Bilderberg meeting

North Korea and "USA" tension has gone way up, Threats of "war" and Nuclear Attacks, Missile Testing Etc...

Osama Bin Laden "sends" a fear mongering audio tape to Obama

and now a flu "pandemic"..

and thats just a short list, there many more things going on that people don't even recognize, or are too blind to see...

there making bigger moves, checkmate is coming into play..the NWO is getting it on..

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Why are people so arrogant about their mortality?

think about this.. it travelled the globe!!!! in 2 months.. THANK GOD it is only a mild flu (as of now) and it doesn't mutate any further. But who knows if once you have this thing you can truly get rid of it. Perhaps this is reoccurring flu that gradually kills you, there are too many unknowns to take this thing lightly.

Imo a declaration of level 6 pandemic, means now is Not the time to let your guards down and forget to wash your hands often and using sanitizers, and practicing the best hygiene you probably ever have in your lives.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It is all official...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Official reports say there have been 28,000 cases globally and 141 deaths and figures are rising daily.

Much, much less than from "normal" flu.

WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl said it had been expecting something more like the deadlier bird flu.

"It was believed that the next pandemic would be something like H5N1 bird flu, where you were seeing really high death rates, and so there were people who believed we might be in a kind of apocalyptic situation and what we're really seeing now with H1N1 is that in most cases the disease is self-limiting," he told the BBC.

They are disappointed. And they should be:

The WHO will have to manage the global anxiety the declaration of a pandemic will generate, our correspondent says.

Someone has told them to proclaim this pandemic. The agenda is still on its tracks. It has nothing to do with swine flu virus.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

While I agree, there is so much hype about H1N1, it's making me want to bang my head on the wall. But regarding the pandemic level warnings, please be reminded, pandemic levels are issues based on GEOGRAPHY not INTENSITY.

In nature, influenza viruses circulate continuously among animals, especially birds. Even though such viruses might theoretically develop into pandemic viruses, in Phase 1 no viruses circulating among animals have been reported to cause infections in humans.

In Phase 2 an animal influenza virus circulating among domesticated or wild animals is known to have caused infection in humans, and is therefore considered a potential pandemic threat.

In Phase 3, an animal or human-animal influenza reassortant virus has caused sporadic cases or small clusters of disease in people, but has not resulted in human-to-human transmission sufficient to sustain community-level outbreaks. Limited human-to-human transmission may occur under some circumstances, for example, when there is close contact between an infected person and an unprotected caregiver. However, limited transmission under such restricted circumstances does not indicate that the virus has gained the level of transmissibility among humans necessary to cause a pandemic.

Phase 4 is characterized by verified human-to-human transmission of an animal or human-animal influenza reassortant virus able to cause “community-level outbreaks.” The ability to cause sustained disease outbreaks in a community marks a significant upwards shift in the risk for a pandemic. Any country that suspects or has verified such an event should urgently consult with WHO so that the situation can be jointly assessed and a decision made by the affected country if implementation of a rapid pandemic containment operation is warranted. Phase 4 indicates a significant increase in risk of a pandemic but does not necessarily mean that a pandemic is a forgone conclusion.

Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way.
www.who.int...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's almost like they were waiting for the date 6/11 just to make it a level 6 pandemic.

6/11
9/11

Hmmmm.... conspiracy!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
WHO, is on BBC right now, laying out all the facts on their discoveries. Looks like it is concluding but I urge those concerned to watch bbc now or find a feed of this later..

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
"countries who think infections have peaked should prepare for a second wave"

"pandemic vaccine in the months to come"

"who continues to recommend no restrictions on travel"

"influenza virus is full of surprises...if in a country that has not been reporting cases, they must be on the watch for the arrival of the infection"

"Countries must deal with the arrival of the NEW disease"

[edit on 11-6-2009 by coincidence_theorist]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Swine Flu still making a mess out of things?

Since the media found something else to get ratings from, it's been kind of dying out.

I'm not worried about it. Wash your hands and be smart about the environment you in.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Perhaps we should be more worried about things like this one:

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2009/05/25/MN7R17PI0D.DTL

(Just paste the rest of the link
)

Aerial hunter sniffs out mosquito-ridden pools

They were hunting for mosquitoes - or more specifically, fetid swimming pools that harbor the insects and potentially the West Nile virus they can carry.

As the foreclosure crisis has escalated, so has the number of abandoned pools. A million mosquitoes can breed in a single stagnant pool. Now finding and fixing them has taken on a new level of urgency.

Last year, mosquito districts hired it to fly over almost every county in California. It covered 3,500 square miles - about one-third of the state's urban area - and "harvested" 27,000 algae-ridden pools

The source of epidemics and pandemics is the deteriorating economic situation. And they're gonna fix it by vaccinating people.

Mr Spock: "Fascinating!"
Dr Bones: "Don't worry, it won't hurt..."

edit: fix link

[edit on 11-6-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by coincidence_theorist

"Countries must deal with the arrival of the NEW disease"

"Countries must deal with the arrival of the NWO disease"

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I just want to clear something up. The swine flu is a pandemic because of how far and quickly it has spread, not the severity. The WHO pandemic scale doesn't measure severity, it measures location. It wouldn't matter if it didn't kill one person; as long as it spreads quickly and is a new disease we haven't encountered, it's a pandemic.

That's all.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Something wicked this way comes namely Obama and his cabinet of lunatics stay away from the so called cure they haven't helped us yet and they won't. Forced vaccinations would be the start of something very bad.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
I just want to clear something up. The swine flu is a pandemic because of how far and quickly it has spread, not the severity. The WHO pandemic scale doesn't measure severity, it measures location. It wouldn't matter if it didn't kill one person; as long as it spreads quickly and is a new disease we haven't encountered, it's a pandemic.

That's all.

It is obviously more about simulating how they are trying hard to do their job, for political reasons, because of other problems that have surfaced of lately on much larger scale.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The flu has been very wide spread for some time now. Testing has been refused unless one can demonstrate that he or she has been in contact with the bug. Texarkana TX was likely inundated by this bug but no mention was made whatsoever (Who knows if the recent flu outbreak was swine or not, but I have heard many stating that they have never been so sick.). The hospitals obviously knew something was up as people are still quarantined if they show flu like symptoms. The refusal to close schools, and the cover up about the spread of this bug has proven to be a murderous affair.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The WHO rating has nothing to do with the virulence of a disease, only how far it has spread. WHO finally has conceded that the H1N1 flu is spreading in communities in two separate "regions", whatever those are. That's all the pandemic warning means.

Depending on what sources you read, the numbers of infected and dead vary considerably. However, the mortality rate of this flu is quite small, not any different from ordinary flu. We had, according to the LA Times, over 27,000 confirmed cases of H1N1, with 141 deaths. In the meantime, seasonal flu has killed 13,000 people since January (link here). Nearly 100 times as many people died from plain, old, ordinary flu, but that's not considered newsworthy.

So far, H1N1 is a non-event. What is worrisome, at least to me, is that this strain is behaving in many of the ways the deadly flu of 1918-1919 behaved, including a relatively mild, though widespread first wave. The concern is that the strain may turn deadly and break out again in Autumn.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
They posted it on yahoo:

WHO: Swine flu pandemic has begun, 1st in 41 years

news.yahoo.com...

The World Health Organization declared a swine flu pandemic Thursday — the first global flu epidemic in 41 years — as infections in the United States, Europe, Australia, South America and elsewhere climbed to nearly 30,000 cases.

The long-awaited pandemic announcement is scientific confirmation that a new flu virus has emerged and is quickly circling the globe. WHO will now ask drugmakers to speed up production of a swine flu vaccine. The declaration will also prompt governments to devote more money toward efforts to contain the virus.

WHO chief Dr. Margaret Chan made the announcement Thursday after the U.N. agency held an emergency meeting with flu experts. Chan said she was moving the world to phase 6 — the agency's highest alert level — which means a pandemic, or global epidemic, is under way.

"The world is moving into the early days of its first influenza pandemic in the 21st century," Chan told reporters. "The (swine flu) virus is now unstoppable."

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by toast317
I'm not sure about you guys, but when they come up to me to give me a forced vaccine, I will fight till I can't no more. Not joking, I know that that vaccine will just make it worse, if not kill me.

Don't get me wrong im not some guy who thinks that every vaccine is something that someone is trying to "get me" with, or anything bad. But this one, seeing how the last time they made a vaccine for this killed ONLY PEOPLE WHO GOT IT, and everyone else was fine.

I hope you guys resist as well, let me know I got atleast some backup

At the very least, I won't be the first in line for the shots. Maybe in the confusion that will come, I will be able to avoid it all together.

Imagine this if you will, all the bodies stacked up like cord wood in mass graves. They spray some liquid on them and poof, a big fire.

Watch carefully as to who gets the first shots and see if the epidemic flows from those areas.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
IMO the faster the flu spreads the more likely it will die out.

If a mild flu sweeps the world quickly the body will become immune to it and will destroy it. The faster everyone is immune to it the less likely it is to be able to create a "Super Strain" right off the bat. The flu shot is not effective in everyone so a fast spreading bug like this pretty much kills itself off by doing what it's doing.

Sure maybe 5-10 years from now it could mutate by slowly spreading between folks who's immunity has lowered or never been exposed to it. But I fail to see any immediate danger. If the numbers are correct then there is a 0.5% chance of death. Dr.'s prescribe drugs that have a 1% chance of causing organ failure every day. Of course they are monitored with lab tests weekly I believe when on these medications.

I just tend to believe there is more to the story than we are being told whether it has to do with this flu directly or something else to avert attention away from it I don't know. But the last thing I'm worried about is a flu bug who's chance of death is less than the chance of death I have at work.

If it did pop up a super strain in 5 years chances are we would already be prepared for it but out right causing panic through news media about something that is this mild is just mind boggling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join