It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu To Be Declared Global Pandemic *UPDATE* Level 6 Official

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Just after reading up on REX 84. Well that is something to worry about until this all dies down. Who knows when that will be though

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Pandemics last around 18 months. They've had to raise it because of an increase in cases in the southern hemisphere over the last few days.

I strongly suggest people take heed of the severity of this virus.

The whole point is that as as people get sick this winter, hospitals won't be able to handle all cases. That is when fatalities will balloon.

@iulslion
Will you be taking the g'ment needle?
I'm also interested in your doctor horror stories. What is it we should know?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well I better get this out while I still can... lol.

Our gov has been acting like a buncha nazis, a buncha greedy corporate a holes are selfish child killers, 9/11 was an inside job, Kennedy was an inside job, Iraq made a few people a lot of money - much like WW2, remember Waco, umm am I missing anything?

Oh ya, hope ATS stays online.

hehe - I'm hopin it doesn't get that bad.

Eat healthy, get a lil exercise if you want, stay true to your values, and may the force be with you. Oh and procreate like rabbits on crack - make those pre teens that be get us off this planet.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
How long have they been absolutely dying to scream pandemic at the masses?

Every single year we have some form of scare then it dies down.

We had BSE
We had flesh eating bugs
We had SARS
We had everyone thinking about Smallpox attacks
We had foot and mouth disease

Its interesting actually when you look at facts from fictional media nonsense....

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a pandemic can start when three conditions have been met

* Emergence of a disease new to a population.
* Agents infect humans, causing serious illness.
* Agents spread easily and sustainably among humans.

A disease or condition is not a pandemic merely because it is widespread or kills many people; it must also be infectious. For instance, cancer is responsible for many deaths but is not considered a pandemic, because the disease is not infectious or contagious.

Its the media that adds all this nonsense about pandemics being almost world killing infections that spread faster than the crap they speel running off their chins.

Move along, nothing to see here apart from desperate fear mongering journalists.

In my opinion.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

It is interesting to note that Africa seems like the only continent to not have one single, solitary case reported...

flutracker.rhizalabs.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Do not fear, this flu cannot hurt you, it's no more than a bad cold and they know it.

Yep...and that's EXACTLY what they said back in 1918...then 30 million people died. I'm certainly not panicing but I see nothing wrong with being cautious and prepared.

And if you think only 24,000 people worldwide have swine-flu...you are very naive. We have over 1500 cases in Australia alone because we have TESTING for every person showing symptoms. Europe does not have to do this so I can't imagine how many cases they would have undeclared.

Like I said, nothing wrong with being aware and prepared.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Anyone have some info on these forced vaccinations? I am curious of the consequences for when I flat-out refuse their poison.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread might shed some light.

*It is about laws passed pertaining to US policy on pandemics, vaccination, etc.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by shanerz]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by swinggal

Yep...and that's EXACTLY what they said back in 1918...then 30 million people died. I'm certainly not panicing but I see nothing wrong with being cautious and prepared.

I'm sure everyone was too concerned with WWI and the aftermath

I doubt that's exactly what they said in 1918 either
Because that flu started killing a lot more people a lot quicker than the Swine flu of today. I doubt they took it so light-hearted.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is why the original swine flu thread got stopped. There was a very well informed member (EcoParity) who was giving us some great intel, and people came along and derailed it.

Basically, it's the Cykotine storm that is the danger; secondary infections.

Also, he gave us warnings that any figures published in the MSM are complete BS. They were turning away people at hospitals, if they weren't serious, so any figures have been massaged to appease public concern. He recommended to multiply any crap spewed by MSM by a factor of 100, to get a true representation of the pandemic.

Someone asked about refusing 'the needle'; i found this: www.whale.to...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Well, here it is.. seems like this is it. Not that we see much in the way of anyone doing anything to stop it right now.

Can you stop yourself?

reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

You are correct, down here Auzzie especially and New Zealand have seen a sharp rise.
I'm supposed to be heading into university to calibrate a laser tomorrow.. 'really looking forward to it'

I'm waiting to see if it'll really start knocking people off or not though, it seems like a bit of a fizzer to me.
Have any white people died in numbers similar to mexico yet is what I am wondering - bioweapon?
www.globalresearch.ca...

According to a source [3] known to former NSA official Wayne Madsen, “A top scientist for the United Nations, who has examined the outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus in Africa, as well as HIV/AIDS victims, concluded that H1N1 possesses certain transmission “vectors” that suggest that the new flu strain has been genetically-manufactured as a military biological warfare weapon.

newworldliberty.wordpress.com...

Swine flu attack likely a beta test

www.torontosun.com...
Baxter caught out - 'accidentally' sends virus with vaccine

Then couple that with multiple top microbiologists dying in a short period of time and you could be forgiven for thinking something is up.
whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thread full of info about the 1918 flu and vaccincations with it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't mean to derail, only posted because it has info on 1918 flu and vaccination-induced problems.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
bbc radio 2 news just said it is now officially at LEVEL SIX

[edit on 11-6-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The day has come...

And as many of us said...

Many health experts say WHO's pandemic declaration could have come weeks earlier but the agency became bogged down by politics. In May, several countries urged WHO not to declare a pandemic, fearing it would cause social and economic turmoil.

"This is WHO finally catching up with the facts,

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
How long have they been absolutely dying to scream pandemic at the masses?

Move along, nothing to see here apart from desperate fear mongering journalists.

In my opinion.

I think the entire thing has been overhyped, but I also don't blame them for a level 6 or declaring a pandemic. One mutation and millions of deaths later, everyone would be coming at them with pitchforks for not preparing everyone. They are pretty much damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Also it's country-by-country. I think some countries will overreact. Some will not take it seriously enough. And I think that each countries economy will decide how they react to a stated level 6.

Media will be media. Their bread and butter are sensationalist stories. Don't blame WHO for the media's ability to throw everything off kilter. But so far, the media doesn't seem to be grabbing this and running with it too much. I saw a small blurb down the page on CNN for example. They are hardly playing it as frontpage, groundbreaking news.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
35 minutes till press conference. Then we might have further information and whats going to happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Because that flu started killing a lot more people a lot quicker than the Swine flu of today. I doubt they took it so light-hearted.

Umm...it didn't actually. The killer strain did not appear until the 3rd wave. Before that people weren't as worried about it because it wasn't killing en masse. People got slack because they all though it was over...but it hadnt even begun at that point.

I think being vigilant and open minded about what is happening is just common sense. If nothing comes of it - fine. But just be aware and vigilant.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by swinggal]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't think that it's been raised officially yet guys. All of the reports that it is raised are coming from government's. The WHO won't comment until the press conference which is scheduled to start at 6pm CEST, I believe. That is when the WHO will probably say it's at a level six. When people ask the WHO now, they decline comment.

CNN International isn't reporting on a level change yet. They tend to jump over things like that because they basically just show the same stuff all day.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

But so far, the media doesn't seem to be grabbing this and running with it too much. I saw a small blurb down the page on CNN for example. They are hardly playing it as frontpage, groundbreaking news.

Okay people, stand down, the MSM says it's okay, phew.

They have fudged numbers, deleted articles and delayed details so they can PREPARE. What that means is open to interpretation. Being on ATS, i think it's to feed the supply line with Tamiflu so they can shift this useless drug before it's shelf life expires and they can prepare military logistics to cope with mass panic once food supplies become dwindled with everyday infections.

The BoE did a mock test many, many years describing the repercussions of a full-blown pandemic. It was very scary reading. I'll see if i can find.

Just prepare, there's no harm in that. Buy loads of tinned food, start adopting rigorous hand washing with strong disinfectant and when you mix with people, don't touch your face with your hands. Beyond that...hope for the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join