It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu To Be Declared Global Pandemic *UPDATE* Level 6 Official

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well, here it is.. seems like this is it. Not that we see much in the way of anyone doing anything to stop it right now.
A bit odd really, considering the immense amount of global panic and news this had a few weeks back. Where is this really taking us all? I'm sure many of you still think that any delay in getting this virus halted is part of the 'plan'.. I am still amazed how the world kept flying whilst this was breaking. It could have been not as bad as it is now, and we do not have the true numbers either, acording to the chat on here and some recent news articles.

The World Health Organisation is expected to officially declare a swine flu pandemic after an emergency meeting in Geneva this morning.

It would be the first global pandemic for 41 years.

The virus first emerged in Mexico in April and has now spread to 74 countries with a reported 27,000 cases and 141 deaths.

The world is currently in phase five of the pandemic alert scale, and moving to six would trigger a large scale production of vaccines.

It would also raise questions about why the step was delayed for weeks as the virus continued to spread.
news.sky.com...< br />

New York City officials have reported three more deaths from swine flu.

The city health department announced the deaths on Wednesday, bringing the city's total to 12.

The city said that one victim was 30 to 39 years old, another was 50 to 59 and another was over 65. Officials wouldn't identify the victims further or say when they died.

Many thousands of New Yorkers are believed to have had swine flu. City health officials say most suffered only mild symptoms. Over 800 cases in the city have been confirmed.
www.nypost.com...

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Extralien]

Mod edit: title to reflect the announcement

[edit on 6/11/2009 by JacKatMtn]

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This is a DUH! moment if ever there was one.

They are about 2 months late.
The rest of us knew this was a pandemic 2 months ago.
These people are just about useless.
Why even have a pandemic scale if you are too afraid to use it when the time comes?

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Its funny because for some reason I'm not worried...There are much worse diseases out there rite now. I have a feeling this is going to be a convenient way for the officials to force more toxic vaccines into our blood.

I'm a med student, my teachers have told me things you guys wouldn't dream of.

If you think your doctor knows whats best for you...THINK AGAIN

[edit on 11-6-2009 by iulslion]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
oooohhhh nooooo !!!! gooddd nooooo !!!!! save us from this terrible ........ flu ???? .... wait is this all it is ?? .... a flu. come on now. 12 people died ??? im sure more than that have died of starvation in as much time as i write this. one person every two seconds.

first the avian bird flu, ... now the swine flu. crazyness, ..... wake me up when something comes out called the plague of death, .... I'm tired of flu's named after animals, ....... of course unless its the notorious "bloody anus shifty squirrel flu " ...... aaha, i need some sleep.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

According to the above posts, there have been 141 deaths, not twelve. And, though it's a flu, flues are deadly. What is it, 30,000 people die every year from the normal flu? The thing, from what I've heard, that makes this flu different is it's tendency to target and kill young, healthy, people.

reply topost by FlyersFan

Why even have a pandemic scale if you are too afraid to use it when the time comes?

On a conspiratorial note, perhaps the WHO, since it's part of the UN, is in the "know" and they were just waiting for the perfect time to unleash this, knowing that chaos would ensue. Just a possibility.

In any event, if this is a pandemic, it is truly not what I'd imagined a pandemic to be like. I always thought there would be people falling over left and right. I guess that's a good thing though.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I wonder how many of us on ATS, for how many months, have been calling this Level 6?

it must REALLY irk the WHO, Big Pharmas and CDC 9not to mention the governments involved and with vested interest in PROFIT) to be forced to devlare Level 6 before a vaccine is ready to be sold to people at 20 or 30 bucks a shot. Just IMAGINE the billions of dollars they're going to have to WAIT to receive......

Sorry- I think the whole scenario is becoming to cynical for me at present

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

The World Health Organisation is expected to officially declare a swine flu pandemic after an emergency meeting in Geneva this morning.

The world is currently in phase five of the pandemic alert scale, and moving to six would trigger a large scale production of vaccines.

I think there's our answer.
The WHO has been poked and prodded enough by the multinational pharmaceutical corporations - they're giving in and calling it a global pandemic.

Which is convenient, as many governments around the world have promised to buy shedloads of vaccines if that happened.
I'm sure I read somewhere that the pharmacorps tax for 1 does of Tamiflu is nigh on $100.. if thats the case, and the UK buys enough to vaccinate half its population (which I believe is the plan, 30 million doses or summat), then we're looking at $3,000,000,000 for whoever owns Tamiflu right there...

And thats just for ONE "more economically developed country", as a geography teacher would call it these days.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by selfisolated]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iulslion

Out of morbid curiosity, and because I have extremely graphic dreams, could you let us know more about the things

you guys wouldn't dream of.

It would make a great thread for us to read.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm not sure that any kind of forced vaccination will go over too well in the US. People seem on edge and are violent.

What happens when they take forced vaccinations to the "hood" or some gang banger areas.

Also, think about this for a minute. Why should anyone take a mandatory vaccine while the borders stay wide open?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It seems that, in my zeal to find info on the WHO meeting, I missed this thread- my apologies.

Great research, and thanks for going easy on me for thinking i fond it on the web before others had. I should know better than to think that you all who are veteran researchers- wouldn't beat me too it!!!

I hope that at some point, severity of illness DOES come into play- because the length of time of illness before deaths IS changing- again- hpoing WHO is vigilant in this process, to save lives and do right by the globe, rather than being reactive and beuocratic.

cheers,

C

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Not worried about H1N1
Up in Santa Fe NM they've confirmed a third case of bubonic plague...
one 8 YO boy died from it... you get it from a flea bite... and we get spikes of plague cases in wet years and this year is turning out to be one of those

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's official now: news.bbc.co.uk...

welcome to pandemic level 6.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This so called "pandemic" exists in the mind only. It is "new-speak" of the book "1984". It is meant to be used as a means to further limit individual freedom and allow TPTB to rule by decree. With this they can now limit travel, open assembly, commerce, etc. But it is all in the mind. 141 deaths and most caused by complications and not the flu, it should open people's eyes wide open.

Do not fear, this flu cannot hurt you, it's no more than a bad cold and they know it. Next time you get the chance to vote, vote for the person that cherishes freedom. Then maybe we can have enough of the hoaxes such as the imaginary gloom and doom economic collapse and the "swine cold".

BTW, let it be known here that I was the first to rename the swine flu the "swine cold".

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It is here. I wish they wouldnt put out these "we will announce later on" type articles tho.

If they are going to 6 then just goto 6 there and then :/

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Let them do what they want. The flu is only a threat to those who let it be.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destroyed
Let them do what they want. The flu is only a threat to those who let it be.

Is that really the case? Do the not have a protocol to follow, ie REX 84?

Im not so worried about the disease, just what it brings with it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The WHO indicates the Pandemic level rating system is based on geographics, not intensity of deaths.

What I am more concerned about, are the global interventions that must not be implemented to "contain" this virus. I CAN NOT find anything at the WHO, DHS, or UN websites that indicate what works "have been planned for months leading up to a pandemic level 6."

Is it simply required immunizations?
Travel bans to other countries/continents?
Reduced work hours?
Restricted public events of mass gatherings?

DHS Napolitano says they have been planning for the inevitable level 6 for months.

Do we have anything to fear, or will the world's countries/states carry-on with normal business?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
So now it is Level 6 officially ... I am curious to see what effect this has on travel etc.
The Confed Cup and World Cup in South Africa are almost upon us ...

poor South Africa ... we really need the tourism.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Mississippi and Alabama are having the same types of old world plagues that haven't been seen here in the US for 100 years because of the southern hoards not being controlled. TB is again rampant in many parts of the country.

Zindo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join