It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British hacker "too ill" for U.S. trial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

Since the case began...for 8 years since....he has always been known to have asperges. It has not only just come up as an "excuse".

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

I refer you to this article: en.wikipedia.org...

and particularly this line: "His diagnosis was made in August 2008 by the eminent psychologist Prof Simon Baron-Cohen."

Hardly "from the very start" now is it?????

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Originally posted by MR BOB
He only did what many if would do if we could, shame he got caught before he found damming evidence, then relased it.

I thought we had a strict rule on ATS regarding the support of, or incitement to commit, illegal acts.

given all the comments regarding wanting the direct murder of muslim men,women and children - i think your talking bollocks.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
reply to post by dsm1664

and particularly this line: "His diagnosis was made in August 2008 by the eminent psychologist Prof Simon Baron-Cohen."

Well if Wikipedia say it, it must be right...

Strange that in the videos going back over the last 6 years he, his mother, his doctor, friends and other family members all have mentioned this.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
reply to post by dsm1664

His mother always knew he had something...but it had to be officially diagnosed for this case. And it was done officially and diagnosed as "lifetime" asperges.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
He probably has a boil on his butt too from sitting in front of the monitor too long also but, it still remains he was foolish enough to hack a computer and get caught! We have facilities and medical personnel here that are just as good as the UK for treating his malady and for his protection. It's a red herring and the judge would lok foolish letting it be considered!

Zindo

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Whilst i support him on this one, i do agree that Aspergers or not, he needs to be punished somewhat for this. What he did was wrong, even he would have known that.

Imagine this. Say for example Gary hacks into NASA and the DoD, releases some juicy details....we are all cheering "Yayy for Gary".

Then he gets bored and hacks into the medical records of everyone....and decides to have a good look and even distribute some juicy details.....i think that would be a whole different issue for people.

Can't have one rule for one, just because it's a fave topic of ours.

I wish him luck though.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
In a week we will hear of his "suicide" because he didn't want to be extradited to the U.S. And everyone here knows why I put quotes around suicide.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
Why is that funny to you?

Most with Aspergers are perfectly FINE intellectualy, if not brighter than normal.

So they can't read human social signals so well, big deal. That usually improves around the mid twenties and this guy is over 40. There are plenty of highly functioning people with Aspergers running around and many don't even know they have it.

This guy is smart enough to play on ANY excuse to get off. I don't see how it would make a trial or even prison more difficult than a normal person, if anything it might make it easier.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

His guilt or otherwise has nothing to do with agreeing with illegal acts.

FWIW - As an IT Auditor - I spend a significant part of my day working to catch these punks and stop them causing damage to corporate systems.

I fail to see what's heroic about it, most of them are now in it for financial gain, it has little to do with heroics.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Was he ever a member of these forums by the way?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

And we will make sure you or your Gov, will never get your hands on him Fullstop. Just showed the lack off security of the Pentagons side. He should be put on trial in the UK not the US of A.

Supports Gary 100 %.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Originally posted by MR BOB
He only did what many if would do if we could, shame he got caught before he found damming evidence, then relased it.

I thought we had a strict rule on ATS regarding the support of, or incitement to commit, illegal acts.

Illegal acts? Illegal for whom or in what country? Or for which community?

Maybe just maybe not ALL laws are good laws? Maybe it´s time society changes some laws? Maybe society needs to change their view on social behavior??

For me it´s simple: a person is allowed to do what ever he-she wants as long as they dont harm others physically.
What a person CAN do on web or where ever is in my view a GOOD thing!
It´s shows skills, creative thinking and not being afraid or consequences.

Humanity needs LOADS of this kind of people

Hope UK/law will have mercy with him. Often companies or governments do offer ppl like this a good job, secretly

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There is a petition with thousands of names on it to keep Gary in the UK.

Imo the USA have their knickers in a twist because a guy showed up the lack of security in the Pentagon.

Interview 2006
video.google.com...

This is what the Mayor of London has to say

In a legal nightmare that has lasted seven years, and cost untold millions to taxpayers both here and in America, the US Justice Department is persisting in its demented quest to extradite 43-year-old Londoner, Gary McKinnon

To listen to the ravings of the US military, you would think that Mr McKinnon is a threat to national security on a par with Osama bin Laden. According to the Americans, this mild-mannered computer programmer has done more damage to their war-fighting capabilities than all the orange-pyjama-clad suspects of Guantanamo combined.

Full story

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

Yea the feds probably want him to hack for them, I am interested to see what he did find though.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If Gary was sentenced to death or the likes of that, all hell would break loose online
you'll be seeing 'missing' information all around ^_^ allot of underground groups respect him.

I support gary, hope he stays in the UK.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Whilst i support him on this one, i do agree that Aspergers or not, he needs to be punished somewhat for this. What he did was wrong, even he would have known that.

From the point of view of somone who makes their moral decisions based on what society's laws dictate, then yes, he needs to be punished.

However most who base their decisions on personal moral and ethical considerations would probably conclude that he doesn't need punishing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join