It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic Documentary: UFO Cover-Up? Live!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
UFO Cover-Up?: Live!
Originally aired October 14, 1988

I know many ATS members were not even born when this live special first aired in 1988, but it is now considered a "UFO Classic". I still see it mentioned whenever I find myself doing internet searches on UFO's.

And to think I almost trashed my VHS tape.

Here are a few write ups about this show.

On October 14 1988, actor Mike Farrell hosted "UFO Cover-Up?: Live!" a two-hour prime-time syndicated television special that was broadcast in the United States (and elsewhere). William Moore and Jamie Shandera appeared (among many other guests) and discussed the acquisition of the Majestic 12 documents, and introduced their sources "Falcon" and "Condor", allegedly high-level government intelligence officials. Interviewed in shadow and with masked voices, Falcon and Condor disclosed information about the U.S. government’s involvement in UFO’s and alien interaction, UFO crashes and occupant retrievals, and alien biology. This broadcast also included the first known mention of Area 51 on television.
Wikipedia

Anticipation ran high. Promotions for the show were everywhere, as we waited to see the LIVE connection they promised with a prominent Soviet ufologist, who would announce on U.S. TV that Soviet scientists accepted the ET presence, and that many UFOs are ETs interstellar vehicles. Mike Farrell was the master of ceremonies of the show that was produced by Tracy Torme. The cast was a showcase of many of the best-known faces in ufology at that time.
alienzoo.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5512c119a84b.jpg[/atsimg]

PART 1

Segment A

Hosted by Mike Farrell.
Brief introductions by Col. William Coleman, public information officer for Project Blue Book.
Sergei Bulantsev from Moscow and Condor.

Segment B

Host Mike Farrel explains the four levels of Close Encounters and conducts a poll by asking viewers to call if they've experienced any such encounters.

Dr. Thomas McDonough explains his "cosmic cookbook of life" theory on how life can be created using his recipe.

Segment C

Starts off with a story from July 1952 where a dozen UFO's were reported over the White House.
Old press conference footage of high ranking military officers regarding this event.
This eventually led to the Air Force development of Project Blue Book.

Interview with retired Air Force Colonels:
Col Bob Friend headed up Project Blue Book for five years
Col. William Coleman, former Air Force squadron commander who was Pentagon spokesman and chief of public information for the Air Force.
An anonymous scientist, given the code name of "Condor" explains the details and operations of Project Blue Book.

Brief footage from Close Encounters of the Third Kind movie leads in to the topic of why airline pilots almost always never report any UFO sightings.

Interview with:
Dr Richard Haines, who directed R&D projects at NASA's Haines research center, his main focus is on pilot sightings.
Dr. Neil Daniels former United Airlines pilot talks about his experience with a UFO while piloting a flight on March 12, 1977.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0a274d71d21.jpg[/atsimg]

PART 2

Segment D

Discussion of reports from sightings in Tehran, Iran and also in Guatemala.
Eye witness account from Bob Barry showing video of UFO light show from Winnipeg, Manitoba, witnessed by the entire town.

Interview with Russian UFO investigators:
Sergei Bulantsev, reports from Moscow and describes witness testimony of alien encounters accompanied with graphics.
More accounts from Russian scientist, Leonard Nikishin.

Segment E

Host Mike Farrell discusses known hoaxes by George Adamski, the Barker Incident, the Lost Creek UFO.
Includes Billy Meier's photographs of his beamships and alien beauties.
Husband and wife from Brewster, NY share footage of a UFO sighting they personally filmed.
Betty Cash and Vicky Landrum from the Piny Woods in East Texas describe the events of their UFO encounter (CE2) in 1980.
Falcon gives his first hand explanation of what really happened to Cash and Landrum.

Segment F

Three people who claim to have been abducted multiple times.
Under hypnosis they are able to relive and recall the memories of their extremely disturbing and emotional experiences. Includes footage of their actual hypnosis sessions.

Psychiatrist Rima Laibow, M.D. talks about her studies of abductees who have been hypnotically regressed. Explains Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and traumatic situations that arise as a result of ufo abduction cases.

Author Budd Hopkins, tells how hypnotic trance state causes loss of memory of abductees. Explains why commonalities shared and described by abductees the world over are believable. Examples of commonalities include: missing time, fear of aliens, desription of crafts, the craft's interior, crafts occupants and description of medical procedures abductees undergo.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b51bffb87bfc.jpg[/atsimg]

PART 3

Segment G

Discussion of events regarding the Roswell, New Mexico crash in July of 1947.
Bill Moore and Stanton Friedman are interviewed by host Mike Farrell and describe how Bill Brazel's father found wreckage of a strange aircraft, and how the Air Force took bodies away for autopsies, and led to the story being covered up at the highest level.
Jesse Marcel was the first to be sent by the Air Force to investigate the crash site. His son Jesse Marcel Jr describes in detail the debris his father found at the crash site, including the foil like alloy, an I-Beam with hieroglyphic symbols.

In 1973 film maker Robert Emenegger was working on a television special for the Defense Department and was told about a film of landing of alien craft at Holloman Air Force Base.
Paul Shartle, security manager for audio/visual program at Norton Air Force Base describes that he watched a video of 3 disc shaped crafts, one of which landed on three pods, a sliding door opened, ramp was extended an out came three aliens. Film footage was allowed to be used for the TV special but the Pentagon confiscated film at the last minute.

Bud Hopkins comments on Gulf Breeze sightings.

Segment H

Gulf Breeze Florida
On November 11, 1987, a person known only as Ed discovers a strange object hovering above his house.
Initially takes 5 photos, takes several more photos over the next few months.
Others in the area photographed the same object. Several photos and video footage by Ed.
Interviews with:
Duane Cook editor of Gulf Breeze Sentinel, Donald Ware UFO investigator
Jerry Brown-Chief of Police of Gulf Breeze.
Mark Curtis Reporter in Pensacola. photographic experts.
More witnesses include Charlie Summerbee, Jesse Bertram - kid who witnessed a sighting.
Jeff Thompson witnessed two miltary jets following a UFO.
Most in the Gulf Breeze crowd claim to have seen a UFO.

Robert Nathan, photographic analysis expert, analyzed negatives and came to the the conclusion that the Gulf Breeze photos are a hoax.
Dr. Bruce Maccabee defends the authenticity of these photographs by claiming he himself has analyzed many more photographs and insists these are authentic.

Segment I

Bill Moore and Jaime Shandera describe the intra-governmental chain of command that exists to organize the data on UFO's. They discuss the research they did to validate the existense of MJ-12 and the events that lead to the meeting of Falcon and Condor.
They explain how Project Aquarius is a Top Secret cover project that allows many government agencies to feed information to MJ-12

Falcon describes the creation of MJ-12 by Harry Truman and its primary purpose to keep track of information on UFO's and analyse information scientifically in a way that would advance our technology.
Tells of Government and elected officials that are briefed on MJ-12 activities and mentions that MJ-12 is headquartered at the Naval Observatory in Washington, DC.
Reveals the organizational chart of MJ-12.

* * * NOTE: Regarding the MJ-12/Secret Government organizational chart which appears briefly in this segment, according to this site, at least one SECRET that was revealed during the 1988 broadcast that could be considered a treasonous act.

...someone involved in the production of this 1988 program revealed a SECRET to the whole nation, and of course, to all other nations interested in monitoring.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d27295b6462.jpg[/atsimg]

PART 4

Segment J

Peter Leon gives his statement and can also verify Falcon's credentials.

Falcon is interviewed and talks about the history of the MJ-12 Bible which contains everything since the Truman era, including historical and medical data gathered from the aliens.
Falcon talks about the Yellow Book, a book written by one of the aliens.
He then describes an octagon shaped crystal which when held by the the alien can display images from Earths history and even the alien's home planet.

Condor talks about a written agreement made between the US Government the extra terrestrials, which involves Area 51.
Falcon talks about a captured alien given the name of Ebe and two others that were part of an exchange program with the US government.
He also describes the biological and physical appearance of the aliens, including life span, religion, diet and favorite music.

Segment K

Guest from USSR, Sergei Bulatntsev discusses the events of the Tunguska, Siberia explosion in 1908.
Tells of reports of two UFO sightings that were witnessed on that same day.

Interview with UFO skeptics:
David Williamson - NASA Senior Staff member.
James Oberg - author and lecturer on Space andf UFO's.
Author Herbert Spiegel - hypnosis expert and Head of Columbia College.
Skeptics give their point of view and opinion about the evidence being discussed and give an explanation of what may be going on.

Host Mike Farrel shares the results of the evening's poll regarding Close Encounters.

Segment L

Final segment wrap up has the host giving his closing commentary by asking if the US Government has lied to its own people by covering up all UFO evidence.
Host asks if ET's are really here, is it a misunderstanding or is it all a hoax?
Speculates about the future and technological breakthroughs that are continuouly changing our lives and wonders what the future may hold.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
awesome thanks a lot for posting this man i was alive back then but only 3 years old hehe. now i got something to watch a little later tonight i never heardr of this doc.

will post comments after i watch

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wow really amazing, thanks so much for posting this.
I was just a wee little thing when this aired so it's really great to see stuff of this nature, but also rather sad to see how long the questioning/fight for truth has been going on with very little resolve and the only work and achievements have been made by the people (believers) and not the government.

It gives me a new understanding/respect for the older generations and their deep passion and the frustration you can see them have at times.
They've truly been going at this for a long time.
I hope they can one day have some closure unfortunately probably not from the government and not have to pass without it like so many have had to.
They have paved the road for my generation of believers and surely deserve much more credit and respect that some lack to give them.

Again, thanks.
S&F.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
UFO Cover Up, LIVE! is infamous in the UFO community. Condor and Falcon are members of the Aviary, a group that, along with Bill Moore, spread disinformation in the UFO community. These are genuine disinformation agents, not skeptics like so many here on ATS try to label as disinformation agents, and the source of the MJ-12 documents. They purposefully attempted to deceive the UFO Community and have ties to the Paul Bennewitz case. Listen to the most recent episode of the Paracast for more information.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wow thanks for posting this! I havent heard of this. I was 10 at the time and didnt have much control as to what would be on the tv at night
I will have to use my roommates computer to watch the videos, I dont have sound.
This looks like a very interesting documentary! Thanks for posting it. I will post more on what I thought after I get a chance to watch it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Nice, thanks for the video. This one is new to me. I really like the older stuff myself. The one with Rod Sterling as the host is one of my favs.
Also, thanks for posting in ATS media section.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
In a bit of threadomancy, this topic came up on another thread, so wanted to comment here.

UFO Cover Up, LIVE! is infamous in the UFO community. Condor and Falcon are members of the Aviary, a group that, along with Bill Moore, spread disinformation in the UFO community. These are genuine disinformation agents, not skeptics like so many here on ATS try to label as disinformation agents, and the source of the MJ-12 documents. They purposefully attempted to deceive the UFO Community and have ties to the Paul Bennewitz case. Listen to the most recent episode of the Paracast for more information.

This much is true, but when this aired, it was really done in a way that pretty much convinced you disclosure was imminent. There were going to be local news stories about the reactions of people to the news, including other networks even. On the east coast, part of the programming was cut off (about the last 20-30 min or so) and it went to infomercials. Then, no news stories (that we had just seen the promo for before the show), not even any mention of it in the news or the paper afterwords. Very eerie, and even then, additional coverup seemed to be afoot.

I know all about the Aviary, but the media actions seemed to be the bigger story almost. You have to realize the kind of info that was being discussed on the special. Alien biology, where they were from, what they were like, etc. Granted, it's hard to trust the sources now, after the fact, but then...it was pretty amazing. And to see it get cut off....was like, "Whoa! somebody's in trouble!"...

They said the EBE's (Extra-Terrestrial Biological Entities) liked strawberry ice cream. Sounds silly, right? If you had one hard, gumlike "tooth", what would you want to eat? Just one example of the "silly" information that most remember from the show. I still wonder how much of this could be real, and how much is bologna...

Will have to revisit the aftermath at some point I guess.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Since we know Moore and Company are legitimate dis-informers (true falsifiers lol), it seems best to consider this documentary as well as any public reaction to it as potentially disinformation. If the network cut out the last 20 or 30 minutes of the program and aired infomercials instead, that would give most people the impression that what they are watching is the truth and somebody high up doesn't want them to be exposed to this information. Most people would be further convinced of this documentary's authenticity if they thought the powers that be were censoring it. The censoring itself seems to be just part of the whole disinformation campaign, giving further credence to the legitimacy of the documentary.

I always take care to monitor the response of the public, especially authorities, when info like this is released. If we're gonna talk about conspiracies, we must be ready to consider that conspiracies can be multi-layered, compartmentalized, and otherwise shrouded in doubt and deceit... Many layers of disinformation sprinkled with bits of truth make for difficult discerning of the actual truth. Hell, it's possible that Moore and Company are actually releasing the only true info in this documentary, and he was convinced that he was part of a disinformation campaign from the very beginning. His disinfo was truth given to him as disinfo so he could say it was truth to us only later to disinfo us by saying it was disinfo. Hehe.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

If the network cut out the last 20 or 30 minutes of the program and aired infomercials instead, that would give most people the impression that what they are watching is the truth and somebody high up doesn't want them to be exposed to this information. Most people would be further convinced of this documentary's authenticity if they thought the powers that be were censoring it. The censoring itself seems to be just part of the whole disinformation campaign, giving further credence to the legitimacy of the documentary.

Certainly a valid point. Weird thing is, it seems the cut-off only happened in mostly east coast markets. The west coast markets (for the most part) saw the whole thing. The thing about disinfo though is that you always wonder if there is mostly lies, or mostly truth, involved. I always ask myself that of all the Aviary info.

Take the Majestic docs for example....in the days before the Internet, it would be a herculean effort to create such a hoax (and have the data be fairly consistent) between all of the different folks involved, documents, sources, etc. Yet, they paint a very realistic picture of who would be involved, when, what was found, etc. in such a situation. I'm not so sure all (or even most) of it should be dismissed out of hand...but as in other cases involving hoaxers, it's hard to take anything said as being truthful.

new topics

top topics

join