It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Founding Advisor Found Dead In Pool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

On Friday, Rajeev Motwani, a renowned Stanford University professor and computer scientist, passed away at his home in what appears to be a tragic accident. Motwani is famous for mentoring and advising Sergey Brin and Larry Page as they built what would be come Google Inc. Not only was Motwani an early investor in Google and PayPal Inc., he also served as a special advisor to Sequoia Capital and informally for many other start-ups and venture firms.

blogs.wsj.com...

ATHERTON, Calif. (AP) — Rajeev Motwani, a well-known Stanford University computer science professor who advised one of Google's creators, was found dead in his swimming pool.

Stanford University said the 47-year-old professor apparently drowned on Friday at his home in Atherton, and his friends told the school news service he did not know how to swim.
Motwani's work using algorithms to search vast computer databases, like the Internet, is celebrated in Silicon Valley.

www.google.com...

Sergey Brin posts on his blog:

Unfortunately, life does not always give you the luxury to plan what may be close to your heart next. It is with great sadness that I write about the passing of my teacher and good friend Professor Rajeev Motwani. But I would rather not dwell on the sorrow of his death and instead celebrate his life.

too.blogspot.com...

Rajeev Motwani was not "just" a Stanford Professor, he practically invented the search algorithm that Google uses today.

theory.stanford.edu...

As to his death, if someone would want him dead the big question is:

Why, and why now?

T4H

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Why? heres a start MONEY POWER and GREED

----Second line------

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Star and Flag. This goes right next to the Fannie/Freddie guy who 'committed suicide'

If these are connected in anyway there is a good chance of a conspriacy here.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
That is a sad loss.

I think everyone takes google for granted, not realizing how much it really has changed our lives over the past few years --

Google is tied into this very forum and just about any other site you come across.

To revolutionize (and shape the very foundation) of the modern internet is a great accomplishment. Sorry to hear this story.

EDIT: star and flag

[edit on 9-6-2009 by SelfDestruct]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
isn't Google supposed to put out a new OS soon? If that is really the case, then I would think MS would be pissed. Their browser is better than IE by a long shot.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hmm the Obo Admin appoints an Internet/Cyber "Czar" and shortly thereafter, the man who created one of the best "deep crawler" algorithms dies in his own swimming pool.....alone

Oh the CT in me is SCREAMING right now.

Unfortunately, we average folk will probably never know the truth, if there is more to the story.

S&F

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Appearantly he could not swim at all...

Suicide? Probably not.

Accident? Hmm. Even If you cannot swim and fall into the pool you surely can cling to the edge and move yourself to a ladder.

I stopped believing in coincidences. If this was a hit, I'd sure like to know...

WHY?

Looking for recent developments or references to him...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Google and Apple both are stepping on the toes of the major players.
I could see the powers that be wanting to stop further developments.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

And isnt Google part of the powers that be

I would want to know the contents of the patent of the search engine he invented...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I feel guilty speculating about another man's tragic death.

He accomplished great things and deserves recognition and respect in death:

I beg, don't jump straight to the most unlikely conclusions, although the loss does warrant some investigation.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Picao84
reply to post by THX-1138

And isnt Google part of the powers that be

I would want to know the contents of the patent of the search engine he invented...

No. I view Google and Apple as usurpers. Their stock prices are highly suspect.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by THX-1138]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
isn't Google supposed to put out a new OS soon? If that is really the case, then I would think MS would be pissed. Their browser is better than IE by a long shot.

From what I've seen the new "Google OS" is just a new linux setup.
There's been like 100 different linux distributations and Google OS is just another one of those.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
let me fully understand this....... He is insanely rich, Super smart, has a pool, and never learned to swim. Then he goes into the pool alone? I am having a problem with the fact that he never learned to swim, but I never leaned to fly so therefore I don't walk on the edge of high cliffs.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
With all that money he couldn't hire a LifeGuard...LOL

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
why didn't he just sink to the bottom of the pool and use his legs to "jump" out of the water? couldn't have been that deep.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, so far I cannot find anything that would relate to his death...

Not even the Obama czar appointment...

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration is creating a "cyber czar" within the White House to coordinate the nation's computer security. Critics already say the post will not have enough authority to haul the government into the digital age.

www.google.com...

So far looks like just an accident...

top topics

join