It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama sends US troops to defend Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

It'll be Israel's fault!

US Defense Secretary Robert Gates warned against an Israeli military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, asserting that such a strike would have dangerous consequences, the Los Angeles Times reported on Thursday. According to the report, Gates explained that a strike was dangerous because it would unify Iran, "cement their determination to have a nuclear program, and also build into the whole country an undying hatred of whoever hits them."
This argument is awesome for at least two reasons:

(1) It's unblinkingly stupid. It doesn't matter how many times Iran declares that they'll never give up nuclearization. It doesn't matter how obviously true it is that we can't give them anything they want more than a bomb. It will still be Israeli self-defense that causes them to cross the nuclear threshold. Of course it will be.

(2) It's obnoxiously predictable. Of course the Obama administration is going to tag Israel for the length and breadth of Middle East instability. The only people who really denied that during the campaign were pro-Obama Jewish shills. And I don't think they ever really believed it.

I don't know how other people cracked the code, but my clues were when Obama's top advisers - followed by Obama himself on multiple occasions - implied that Israel was responsible for the length and breadth of Middle East instability. That's the subtle hint that tipped me off.

More pointedly, Israel has been getting set up to take the fall for Obama's diplomatic failures since before the inauguration. It's a win-win for opponents of the US-Israel alliance. If negotiations don't work out, Israel gets blamed for Obama's naivety.

www.mererhetoric.com...

The plan is being set in motion. Obama will throw Israel under the bus if it takes out irans illegal nuke program to snuggle up to his muslim fathers. The ground work is being laid rock by rock. Israel must take donw irans nuke sites, yet, obama WILL side with the international community and may even send troops to help iran.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
IMO think the USA needs keep out of middle east and near east countries, including it's support for Israel and concentrate on it's problems at home.

But it is a double edged sword because the USA and UK have created most of the countries and problems in the middle and near east.
But it seems bullets and bombs aren't very good at resolving problems.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Can you imagine?

Israeli fighter/bomber aircraft are in route on a secret mission to destroy Iranian nuclear facilities and are intercepted by US air force fighters acting on orders from President Obama to, by any means necessary, prevent Israeli strikes on Iranian sites.

It could get ugly.

President Obama has tried to play both sides of the fence on these issues, and sooner or later he may have no choice but to choose a side.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
The plan is being set in motion. Obama will throw Israel under the bus if it takes out irans illegal nuke program to snuggle up to his muslim fathers.

Israel doesn't seem to listen to anyone.

If letting them handle their own problems and pay for their own endeavors (monetarily or otherwise) equates to a "bus toss", I just really don't mind.

...and may even send troops to help iran.

Please.
That will never happen.
I doubt Iran would even allow that.

If anything Israel simply won't get any assistance in it's personal operation.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yes, it could get quite ugly, but! Israel has been to terror center of the Middle East for a long time now, and they still are building settlements on land that is not theirs. The US has been supporting them and giving them weapons for too long, and it is time for Israel to stand on it's own for a change, without the power of the US behind it.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
what a load of Bs. they source of this is so pro israel that the half can be enough. Then you make this thread even more dirty by putting in: "The plan is being set in motion. Obama will throw Israel under the bus if it takes out irans illegal nuke program to snuggle up to his muslim fathers."

Wth has some theory to do with Obama casting israel under the bus and what is he snuggling for? you got some links about his muslims fathers wanting to cast israel under a bus? or any other links to make sense in your insane claim.

Best regards.

Loke...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
you got some links about his muslims fathers wanting to cast israel under a bus? or any other links to make sense in your insane claim.

Best regards.

Loke...

In his own vile words....

www.huffingtonpost.com...

He gives islam credit for "the arch"....how about rome 1400 years before muhammad slimed the planet. and so many other complete lies.......

Obama is not just muslim, he is the 12th mahdi............

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
How quick for us to forget the Cuban Missile Crisis. When Russia were going to put Nuke's on our doorstep how we reacted.

To Gates the Bombs are not on his door step how easy to make stupid unthought out comments.

A suicide Bomber with a Nuke, sounds reasonable to me! NOT

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

heliosprime, you are the biggest hypocrite ever. I've seen you in other threads slamming Muslims for following false gods and not believing that Jesus was the son of God. I've got news for you, your buddies in Israel (the majority of which practice Judaism) don't believe in Jesus either. Yet you rush to their defense. Congratulations, you've underlined your hypocrisy, proved your stupidity, and laid bare your racism and bigotry.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
wow, i do not believe a word of it. we are on isreals side, we supply them with weapons. all this is , is a way to get into iran, take control, get rid of nukes, set up puppet govt, and take control of the oil. russia will not allow this to happen, they back iran. if this happens russia will not back down. this could get bloody if true. i cannot believe this at all. peace to the world.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It is extremely unlikely that Israel will attack Iran unless Iran starts nuking Israel first or if their threats to send a nuke to Israel are sufficiently serious.

The U.S. and Israel are allies. We are pledged to her defense.

If the U.S. defends Israel militarily it could well be the beginning of World War III, but it's more likely than not that we would go in on the side of Israel anyway. It is possible that Obama might not want to start a world war and so distance himself from the conflict, especially if Israel was the aggressor, but there is absolutely no way he would defend Iran.

It strikes me that you hate Obama so much you are still clinging to that tired old "he's a Muslim" nonsense which has been discredited thoroughly already. Obama is far more capable of relating effectively to middle eastern countries than Bush was but that doesn't make him their puppet.

Just like Richard Nixon first opened diplomatic relations with China during the cold war, but nobody accused him of being Chinese.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
can people see the good cop, bad cop being played out here?

the US and Isreal are still as close as ever, Hillary is still in the background, Kissinger is still telling Obama what he has to do.

On the surface Obama is talking peace, underneath he is preparing for a war.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the whole premise of this thread is simply rubbish.

The US has been acting to destabilise and demonise Iran for about four years now. Just before he left office Bush set in motion a plan to destabilise Iran which is still being carried through by Obama.

Iran is a threat to the US not because it is trying to get nukes (and despite stupid reports by WorldNutDaily, it's nowhere near as the CIA and IAEA know very well) but because it's in the vanguard of the move to trade oil in something other than the tanking USD.

I'm no fan of Obama but I think the Islamic paranoia surrounding him is hilarious. And there is a truly vile Islamophobic flavour to this thread, as has been pointed out by other posters.

The aggressors here are the US and Israel, and, funnily enough, pretty much everyone outside the US knows it... although, I have to say, the level of propaganda I've been witnessing here in the UK is pretty revolting. I'm not convinced people are going for it. For example, when our marines were captured by the Iranians our media did their level best to make it seem as harrowing an experience as possible... except you could see they were grasping at straws. Anyone could see that the Iranians treated our people far, far better than, say, the prisoners in Abu Ghraib. You'd see a headline like "My Iran Torture Hell" and then when you read the story you'd be thinknig "...torture? It did say that in the headline, didn't it? Reading... reading... no... no... Nope. No torture in this article."

Likewise all this fuss about the Iranian elections is obviously propaganda straight out of the CIA playbook. We know that there's a plan in place to destabilise the Iranian government, and it's clear that Israel are joining in (via planted Twitter posts).

The thread could only have been imagined by someone steeped in Israeli/US propaganda.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Woe to those who fight against Israel. If the US wants to guarantee her destruction, than follow the lead of their elected muslim Manchurian candidate. We are in the age of this Biblical prophesy in Zech. 12,

Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling to all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. 4 I

. 8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. 9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

But since the post-christian west is too 'smart' now to believe the Bible, even though it is coming true before their very eyes, they can't accept the idea of the God of the universe protecting a country like Israel. Indeed they are incited to hatred against her, by the enemies of God. I fear for the US should Obama act out his intrinsic, blind, Muslim rage against Israel.

new topics

top topics

join