It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Memories We Gain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The following was spoken in front of my 8th grade graduation class many years ago..lol.. I spoke it...

As we reflect and look amongst ourselves, we see our peers, our community. All of them reflect the world in which we live. But many of us, if not all of us have humble beginnings. Over the course of our lives we grow, we marry, we have kids, we own a home, own a car, etc. But those are just milestones, the real important thing we have and cherish the most are our memories. Our memories remind us, of who we are, weather those memories are sad or joyous; they tell us who we are inside.

As time wears inside ourselves more and more, we realize that the thing we cherish most, begins to disintegrate at a momentous pace. We forget who we are, what we were and who we loved. But as we forget, the memories do not leave us...no.... they stay in a secret chest, locked away, in all of our minds. Our road of collecting memories does not stop, until the chest is opened and we are flooded with happiness, sadness and a lasting impression of who we were, not only to ourselves, but to the world.......

Thanks for reading.
~TheMythLives

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Over the course of our lives we grow, we marry, we have kids, we own a home, own a car, etc.

Nice wordings for a eighth grader.

But anyway, what you told is true. Life is full of memories.

[edit on June 5th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Perhaps I had a little help from mums..lol.. but most of it was my idea, or at least I think so....

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
too right, nice post.

Complex thing being in a world of memories. Just glad your the only one who can interpret you, if you know what i mean.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Good, for a second I thought that you were one of the kids spoiled at a young age by the media.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Much Thanks, I appreciate what you said, and yes I know what you mean.

reply to post by peacejet

Of course the media spoiled me. Or maybe that was a dream...

new topics

top topics

join