It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your local council

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
with all the money corruption of the MP's in the news i was wondering how many members of your local council have been fiddling there expenses .... have they too been claiming for years for things we the public pay for out of our own wages...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
AS someone who lived across the pond for over a decade, it wouldn't surprise me.
Sounds like a perfect time to get the ball rolling on a clean sweep of all corruption.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I do not think councillors have any were near the expenses that MP's do, seeing as they work within the area that they live, the only expenses they can claim are legitimate travel and food expenses when on council business, no more than you or I if sent away by our employers.

However, the expenses claim has had an impact on voting patterns and it looks as if Labour are in line to be decimated in the polls as a result.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I presume you are talking about the UK.

There activity with surveillance systems and laws granted under anti terrorism acts has been reprehensible - they also lost billions through the collapse of Iceland - it is up to the constituents to pull their fingers out of their ar@#es and do something.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
In the last city I lived in, there was an issue with the city council buying art and other things with their expense accounts. Bunch of wingnuts.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by calmbutwary]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by calmbutwary
In the last city I lived in, there was an issue with the city council buying art and other things with their expense accounts. Bunch of wingnuts.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by calmbutwary]

Councils should support art - its imperative.

When that art goes missing into personal coffers their lies the issue.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Art for their own homes? I think that's a bit more support than they should show with taxpayer money.

top topics

join