It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Hyperbole: Still Nothing...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Paranormal Hype...years and years of hyperbole spawned by just a few stories from normal citizens. All anecdotal and never a shred of proof.

Here's my question, how is it legions of people across many different cultures and walks of life continue to firmly believe in things that have zero credibility? Especially when we are presented real scientific data to work with, many of these folklorists and New Agers' immediately discredit said scientific data....usually in a way that would insinuate hurt feelings and often emotionally.

This is truly a phenomenon unto itself, and i'm shocked it's never discussed.

Let's review shall we? Also we'll be entering this argument using Occum's Razor.

1. Reports: Countless 'stories' from people with zero physical proof of ANYTHING discussed within these digital pages...including even the MOST feasible of arguments....an example being the BIG discussion that went on for what seemed to be hundreds of pages on that 'slag-like' molten material found not long ago.
And i DO mean countless stories...always the blurry, way too far away to know for sure, what the hell is that type argument. Not to mention...why would a star ship lack physical properties like..metal? They are always just balls of light that i see online. Ya that CAN'T be earthly..those balls of light.

The LAWS OF AVERAGES(a REAL law people) do NOT agree with these results as pointing to anything other than scientific, earthly at the very least, explanation.....people can't keep quiet about anything, we all know it...so it stands to reason that anything within the confines of Military/Government knowledge, especially, would have been divulged LONG ago. Not to mention the salaries of these people..LOL id have cashed in LOOOONG ago had i known of anything....ok, moving on.

2. Stating the Obvious: All these STS videos ive been viewing are unconvincing as 'alien ships'. First we all know how cameras work right? i mean we use them everyday and the bookstore is loaded with A-Z on film making and photography...yet people confuse dust and ice artifacts as steel hulled ships of non earthly origin..lol these artifacts dont even look solid!! how could they be ships? They appear as small points of light with the central dark circle and a notched perimeter...these are seen here in pictures taken everyday when conditions are right...ive had THE EXACT results on pics taken at kids parties!

The "alien ships" seen in these NASA videos are closer to the lens than you think....they are passing within centimeters of the lens set to aperture infinity with no central point of focus (the nature of scattered light in vacuous space)...look closer people.

3. UFO Videos & CGI: Don't you think that since the advent of the PC and video software on almost every designers box would lend itself to an increase in ufo videos being posted? As opposed to an alien invasion that's been 'poised to occur' for what seems like 20 years now?! LOL..funny and obvious. This is how people get wrapped up into Cults so easily..Hyperbole is one reason and an avid lack of thinking for ones self another.

Military craft(both piloted and not) and cases of mistaken identity are ALL we are seeing..once we get past the slew of hoaxed videos online of course. Red Flag of Proof: All CLEAR images FILMED are of the triangular variety...funny how we began engineering jets as such once we discovered they work best this way.....hmn....ya must be aliens.

4. Lizards from Draconis: LOL..ah ya.
i wont touch this one.

5. Creator: Ok, here's where i get confused...we are to believe that we are among lizard people, ufos, multi-raced aliens all vying for the attention of a human administration...undersea bases..blah blah blah ....yet the notion of GOD puts these SAME people on the defensive...as though that would be SO impossible..i find that peculiar. Don't you?

anyway, wish someone could answer these questions i have....the real mystery

[edit on 1-6-2009 by jeddun]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I get what you are trying to say and I agree that there are many, many way-out-there stories that are thrown around that scream fantasy.

But,

If you believe this you should have your head examined and get a date.

I don't discredit theories outright simply because they seem a bit outlandish. I don't KNOW whether or not the 'lizard people from draconis' or whatever actually exist. I'm not saying I believe it at all at this point in time, but I refuse to write the idea off completely simply because I don't KNOW.

And neither do you. Many people on ATS have problems with talking about subjects (whether positively or negatively) as if they KNOW for a fact that these things are true or false.

You can assume, you can infer, you can deduce, but don't misrepresent what you KNOW; it misleads other people.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Oh i hear you..100%..but i feel SOME things are a bit much to swallow..thanx for the response. I'm stunned at what people are willing to believe and NOT believe, especially the division between religion and these subjects. The idea of a messianic savior doesnt seem all that out there by comparison to some theories set forth here and elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

..since edited, thanx ..i did come off a bit harsh hehe

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
lol nice. and i guess people pick and choose what they believe based on what it is they want out of life. I would say gathering the facts is only half the battle. You can know that something works without understanding how.

but yea,
things like planet x, reptilian extraterrestrials are much harder to believe without any hard evidence. I understand where you're coming from

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Still chuckling at the molten slag comment and the 700 engineers and architects who are simply believing that the towers went down via controlled demolition because it's convenient for them to believe such. To hell with the idea that their educational backgrounds caused them to arrive at this conclusion. Hah. What a bunch of fools those schooled professionals are.

Why does it concern you so much what people do and don't believe? Science is a great tool, but by no means infallible. People in science also hold the potential to see just exactly what they want to see just like these other folks.

Most of us wear our own specially-tailored set of blinders.

Dropping out (of this thread).

---> edited for clarification of meaning

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Elepheagle]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun

2. Stating the Obvious: All these STS videos ive been viewing are unconvincing as 'alien ships'. First we all know how cameras work right? i mean we use them everyday and the bookstore is loaded with A-Z on film making and photography...yet people confuse dust and ice artifacts as steel hulled ships of non earthly origin..lol these artifacts dont even look solid!! how could they be ships? They appear as small points of light with the central dark circle and a notched perimeter...these are seen here in pictures taken everyday when conditions are right...ive had THE EXACT results on pics taken at kids parties!

The "alien ships" seen in these NASA videos are closer to the lens than you think....they are passing within centimeters of the lens set to aperture infinity with no central point of focus (the nature of scattered light in vacuous space)...look closer people.[edit on 1-6-2009 by jeddun]

Just because the objects in the NASA footage don't look like the shiny, metallic flying saucers you see in Hollywood movies, doesn't mean they can't be extraterrestrial in origin. How do you know that extraterrestrial intelligence even has to have a physical body to exist? How do you know it can't exist in the form of superluminal light, or even thought? Did you know that the vast majority of ET contact going on in the world is actually happening through human consciousness? Now thats something I bet you weren't expecting.

History has shown a pattern of constant (and accelerated) change and modification of theory. New discoveries are being made everyday; what was once unimaginable to us at some point has eventually come into existence. If you were to time-travel back some thousand years with a Blackberry Storm, and shared it with some of the primitive, indigenous civilizations that lived in that time period, they'd think they were witnessing magic. A small, handheld plastic device that lets you talk to someone on the other side of the globe? Plastic itself hadn't even been invented till the mid-1800s. It'd be a mind-blowing revelation for them when they found out it was possible.

The problem with people like you lies in your stubborn unwillingness to look at ALL the evidence yourself and deduce accordingly... yourself. Instead, you look at little bitsy parts of it and hand the role of the detective over to an authority figure like some University professor or NASA scientist, under the impression that they stand for "all things rational & reasonable," and expect them to figure it all out for you. In other words, you need proof when it comes to believing that UFOs or aliens exist, whereas you don't need proof in order to believe an authority figure. Okay fine, I'll turn the tables on you: go and show me "proof" that the leaders of this world are really human. That's right, you can't. Hell, you wouldn't even be able to prove who the actual leaders were in the first place. How do you know that the leaders of this world aren't aliens? Have you met them and examined their bodies? Have you taken samples of their DNA and looked at them under a microscope? No, you haven't, but if Joe Skeptic from Harvard's Biology department tells you they aren't, you'd blindly put all your faith in him like a drone.

Let me tell you whats happened to society over the past few hundred years, how it has affected "science," and how "science" has subsequently affected the world. What is a calendar? Think about it for awhile. Search for the best definition on Google. Done? Now let me give you the real definition: a calendar is the absolute dead center of a civilization's consciousness. As you know, the dead center of our civilization is The Gregorian Calendar. It's the calendar on which all things are bought and sold. Now ask yourself, what is our calendar based on, exactly? The Gregorian Calendar was forced into the world by Pope Gregory in 1582 during the Roman Catholic Inquisitions, and is based entirely on cycles of physical objects (earth) going around other physical objects (the sun) through space. Nothing more, nothing less. There is nothing prophetic about it. It's completely based on the measurement of physical objects through space.

So, what does this have to do with anything? Well... EVERYTHING, for the consciousness of our civilization has slowly been directed towards valuing material, physical evidence -- what one can see & measure only. And it doesn't matter if you're a street bum or a Pulitzer Prize winning theoretical physicist; what you've paid attention to for an extended period of time is going to shape and influence your viewpoint and how you see & interpret the world. Every one of us, even the most gifted scientists alive, was born into a society that was already deeply brainwashed. This is one of the main reasons why topics related to higher cosmic laws like karma and reincarnation (which are very real), spirituality, and extraterrestrials are often ridiculed and overlooked by modern scientists. Some people think it was done on purpose; what better way to "control" an entire civilization than by manipulating the one instrument that people center their lives around?

I think some people (especially the hardcore skeptical types like you) should sit down in a quiet room one day, re-evaluate their places in the larger spectrum of things and realize that they are but microscopic bugs crawling around on a tiny, spherical space rock, surrounded by billions of other space rocks, in the middle of an infinite universe, out of an infinite number of possible universes. And in an infinite universe, absolutely ANYTHING is possible.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by cmazzagatti]

new topics

top topics

join