It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is twitter down?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
I have an uncanny habit of comparing things. We are on a conspiracy site after all right? We must see conspiracy in all things, right from the computer monitor in front of us, to the sky outside. So, there is no wrong in comparing like that.

Yes...but making valid comparisons for accurate conclusions is a skill that must be seperated from the capacity to illustrate non sensical non sequiters for the purpose of the inanity that surely ensues subsequently...

And as for the sky outside...if I need to see it I just place a picture of it as my screensaver...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
And as for the sky outside...if I need to see it I just place a picture of it as my screensaver...

The sky on the monitor does not match the real sky with the warm rays of sun falling on you. Especiallly on a beautiful morning like this.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Warm rays of sun falling on you?

For one, warm is a subjective term based on the previous temperate experience of the individual and two, rays of sun do not "fall"...:shk:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Want me to teach you a science lesson?

The energy from the sun is in the form of electromagnetic rays across all spectrum of light. In the atmosphere, once the em radiation enter, the ozone layer, the UV B radiation is absorbed by the ozone and the remaining UV A radiation is allowed to fall with it. And due to the green house effect of the water vapour and CO2, which are IR active, they IR radiation is abosorbed in the air and is prevented from escaping back into space with a excpetion of a very few amount of radiation. And this IR causes a increase in temperature at ground level, which causes the feeling of what we call as warmness of the sun and the suns rays.

I just wrote a exam on this yesterday, why is that i have to always dig back on the past?

Ultraviolet B or (UVB) range spans 280 to 315 nm. It is also greatly absorbed by the atmosphere, and along with UVC is responsible for the photochemical reaction leading to the production of the Ozone layer.
Ultraviolet A or (UVA) spans 315 to 400 nm. It has been traditionally held as less damaging to the DNA, and hence used in tanning and PUVA therapy for psoriasis.
Visible range or light spans 400 to 700 nm. As the name suggests, it is this range that is visible to the naked eye.
Infrared range that spans 700 nm to 106 nm [1 (mm)]. It is largely responsible for the warmth or heat that the sunlight carries. It is also divided into three types on the basis of wavelength:
Infrared-A: 700 nm to 1,400 nm
Infrared-B: 1,400 nm to 3,000 nm
Infrared-C: 3,000 nm to 1 mm.

sunlight

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Indeed...but a person whom is exiting a sauna in an environment that is 70 degrees will subjectively disagree with the "classification of warmth"...

And what about the gravity lesson?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Indeed...but a person whom is exiting a sauna in an environment that is 70 degrees will subjectively disagree with the "classification of warmth"...

That wont last long with global warming.

Yes, what would u like to know?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

That wont last long with global warming.

Humans can dig holes...

Yes, what would u like to know?

How a sun ray, already in motion from its' source, can 'fall'...ya know, scientifically speaking...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Humans can dig holes...

Hole for what?

How a sun ray, already in motion from its' source, can 'fall'...ya know, scientifically speaking...

Basic mechanics. The earth in its orbit around the sun is supposed to be "falling" towards the sun, just like how the satellites and the space station are in "free fall"(remember, there is no such thing such as zero gravity)around the earth. So, everything falls around each other, so, the suns rays fall on earth.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Hole for what?

Holes in the ground for the keeping of the coolness to avoid that global Warming deal...

Basic mechanics. The earth in its orbit around the sun is supposed to be "falling" towards the sun, just like how the satellites and the space station are in "free fall"(remember, there is no such thing such as zero gravity)around the earth. So, everything falls around each other, so, the suns rays fall on earth.

You're stretching, peacejet....in space there is no direction so to speak so, as the term "fall" is an archaic term sop to speak in that humans percieve direction relative to their position on the ground, the suns rays are emitted from the Old Sol and have a consistent velocity. It is more consistent to say that the suns rays are in motion towards the earth...though I will agree that 'gravity' effects them.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Holes in the ground for the keeping of the coolness to avoid that global Warming deal...

We cant transfer the entire population underground, what about the agriculture and all those stuff? How will we get oxygen?

You're stretching, peacejet....in space there is no direction so to speak so, as the term "fall" is an archaic term sop to speak in that humans percieve direction relative to their position on the ground, the suns rays are emitted from the Old Sol and have a consistent velocity. It is more consistent to say that the suns rays are in motion towards the earth...though I will agree that 'gravity' effects them.

You know what? We are so primitive.

We know only a little about the working of the universe.

Regarding the absence of direction in space.

look at this

We can say that the earths atmosphere catches suns rays, (think of the gases in the atmosphere absorbing the suns rays) and these rays will fall towards the earth by atmospheric convection.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

We cant transfer the entire population underground, what about the agriculture and all those stuff? How will we get oxygen?

I only require a few people to live underground for my point on relative temperature to stay in some kind of contention...

As far as the term 'fall'...you have a conditional victory...conditional in that I would have to draw upon historical etymology and re-visit the physical concepts as they were percieved upon their conception and then re-define them for the purpose of me having any chance at refutation...

Well Played...You're Hired...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Well Played...You're Hired...

What is my salary? And do I get any incentives and bonuses?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

What is my salary? And do I get any incentives and bonuses?

Sorry is Zero to start...with weekly 100% percent raises.

Incentives are that you are UNBANNABLEZ and that S-Dog has to choose one post to not confuzzle you (post is at his discretion and may or may not be in response to any of your posts and as well does not have to be viewable by you).

Bonus is a weekly addition to the above incentive...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join