It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pine Gap? Alien Base? "Big Brother" Head Quarters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I would like to know the views that any of u have on the "Pine Gap" Installation, near Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I know that is is pretty much a US government outpost, that plays an important role in "evesdropping" on the worlds phone calls. But wat elses have any of you heard?

Ground Truth, Pine Gap

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I have heard that there are massive rooms down there filled entirely with computers. Many UFOs have also been sighted at times early during the morning.

I was there once, when I was 10. Shame I didn't know about what it was 'really for' then, I might have gotten myself killed while trying to infiltrate it...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicWorker
I have heard that there are massive rooms down there filled entirely with computers. Many UFOs have also been sighted at times early during the morning.

I was there once, when I was 10. Shame I didn't know about what it was 'really for' then, I might have gotten myself killed while trying to infiltrate it...

If I may ask, CW, what were you doing there at such a young age? Were you going to visit a workplace of someone within your family or...?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jameo131i
I would like to know the views that any of u have on the "Pine Gap" Installation, near Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia.

I don't know if anyone knows the truth about Pine Gap, but there has certainly been a lot of rubbish spoken about it. I remember one guy telling me that it housed a nuclear reactor, and he went into great details about the cooling of a nuclear reactor. What he didn't know was that I was, at one time, employed in manufacturing cooling systems for nuclear reactors, and he didn't have a clue as to what he was talking about. I think that any idea of it being a nuclear facilty can be discounted. With our, (Australia's) coast line being what it is, such a facility would be on the coast.

In the time I have been aware of the facilty I have heard that it was used for satellite communications, though 'phone cover does appear to be part of it these days. www.fas.org...

A more significant base on the Australian continent is the H.E.Holt base at Exmouth. That is a VLF radio base that was used to maintain contact with the American boomers in the Indian Ocean. A few years ago, the USA decided that satellites did things better and so they pulled out. However, the Australian Government has kept the facility functional despite the fact we have no boomers. Is that because the military doen't want to relinquish land and facilities that they don't need, does the Australian defence system have delusions of grandeure, or are they running something for the USA?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I won't really make up theories on what I believe lies inside of some of these military installations but I do find them intriguing nonetheless. It kind of makes you wonder what technologies they're using in these types of installations.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think it's an Echelon installation, one of many throughout various countries.

Check out more about it here:

archive.aclu.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't know how much of this article about Pine Gap is true, but it is an interesting read to say the least.

A more significant base on the Australian continent is the H.E.Holt base at Exmouth. That is a VLF radio base that was used to maintain contact with the American boomers in the Indian Ocean. A few years ago, the USA decided that satellites did things better and so they pulled out. However, the Australian Government has kept the facility functional despite the fact we have no boomers. Is that because the military doen't want to relinquish land and facilities that they don't need, does the Australian defence system have delusions of grandeure, or are they running something for the USA?

I know a guy working at the Exmouth Facility. I will have to ask him what the go is next time we get together (which is lucky to be once or twice a year so don't hold you collective breathes on this one waiting for a difinitive answer guys)

top topics

join